1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Problem Child PorqueMaximilliano's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Could Jessie Survive Season 6?

I know alot of people, I, being one of them, think that Jessie's death is something that is neccesary to propel Rick's arc. But, since they cast such a good actress to portray her, that she could have a ton of potential for future arcs? Or maybe even becoming a main protagonist? I know there are similar threads on here with similar subjects, but none this specific. I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts on Jessie's potential death, and, or story arcs. Also, I've been a not-so-active member for a while now, but this is my first thread! So...Yay!
    Last edited by PorqueMaximilliano; June 29th, 2015 at 09:17 AM.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Level

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    The Succubus aka "The Beast" Empress's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Level
    She could survive but I don’t see how she could become a main protagonist? Based on what merit? This topic has sort of been beaten to death but to recap:

She won’t be comic!Andrea because Andrea is dead on TV, and her parts have been divided to the remaining TF women.

It’s unlikely that she’ll become another Carol because why do we need another Carol? Jessie, like the majority of the ASZ residents is stuck in a season 1 mindset and skill set. They’ve had all this time to learn how to fight and defend themselves, the perfect opportunity to do so behind steel walls and have instead hid away their weapons and effectively acted like they can carry on typical society within the community, which is just absurd. Like another thread had stated, the ASZ residents have been extremely lucky.

My biggest issue with her living beyond her purpose, and ‘unleashing’ this supposed potential is why her and not the myriad of other ASZ residents? And why at all when we have multiple TF members who have yet to be fully developed. We know little of Glenn before the ZA, we don’t know anything about Michonne except that she was a mother and a girlfriend, we don’t even know her last name, neither Tara nor Rosita have had really anything to do in over a season, their character arcs are significantly lacking and Maggie is basically just ‘there’ nowadays. Sasha has only become something because of her PTSD due to massive personal losses and Father Gabriel has basically been background noise until we got to ASZ and he decided to make it his mission to fuck shit up. I don’t see why other characters in TF who we’ve been with and followed and come to care about should continue to be placed on the back burner when a character who’s only comic purpose was to die to further another should be catapulted to leading lady status, thus bypassing and redirecting massive screen time to her in order for her to be built up and have it make sense to the GA that this hair dresser/home maker who’s barely able to take care of herself could survive in a hostile ZA environment and even be an asset to TF, which she would absolutely have to be in order to be a main protagonist.

All in all, I don’t see the reasoning behind this. She’s been debuted as a love interest, and she needs to fulfill her comic story arc so this all makes sense and we can move on.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Well, I will put it like this. I guess that she technically could, but who the fuck in their right mind would want her to? Sure as fuck not me

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Personally I don't think she's a good enough actress to be a protagonist. I'm not the least bit interested in her story. I have no clue why a few people want her to stick around. To each their own but as far as I'm concerned hell no! The backlash since her arrival is simply not worth dragging the show and the star of the show down. Jessie is not needed when you have way more epic characters on the horizon with better storylines. I don't want to watch a wannabe Carol with a dash of Lori We've been there and done that. She isn't going to be Andrea. Andrea is dead and gone buried probably by the prison. Jessie is just Jessie and the greatest part of Jessie is her death. Hopefully the "actress" and writers don't screw that up!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Hmmm..
    Well the actress is good no doubt but the character isn't that amazing to go for main protagonist, that's a strong word
    There are many amazing actresses and anyone can become one (MMB, DG, SMG) and they're all capable of being the lead
    Her being main main protagonist would deserve her character to be of that capacity of that of TF which seems unlikely since she is from ASZ sheltered and protected and this isn't season 1 to give charcters time to develop till they come to a level to become main protagonist...
    AB is good but so are the existing members of TF
    Her character derailing from the comic book storyline makes near to no sense just because there is casting of good actor or appearance
    IMO not happening..

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    In the dining room hiding Richonne's sex mints
    Threads
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Level
    i really hope she does survivor season 6, but right now i am too much concerned if she will even make it through the MSF because at this point i dont know in which direction the writers will go with her at all. but she definitely could survive season 6 and become part of TF!
    At the moment, she is the only woman on the show that i really care about and i think she has a lot of more potential then be just a plot device and love interest for rick. i wish for her that the writers give her some arc where she interacts more with her children and other members of team family.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Level
    I think she will survive; there are lots of supposedly iconic moments in the GN that have been ditched already (Carol's suicide, the GN reason that Michonne wanted the Governor dead, jeez Rick having his hand cut off!).
    AB has worked with Angela Bassett, Patti Lupone, Kathy Bates, Gabourey Sidibe, and Jessica Lange; none of them thought she wasn't a good actress. (But hey---what would they know about acting?)
    I think the direction of her story would not be the Andrea sniper, and certainly not Carol. But it will come from a surprise re-mix. GAH said everything was a spoiler. But we have seen how convoluted that can become in the past. I'm excited about the possibilities.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Stereotypical blonde bimbo that needs a man to do everything for her because she's either too dumb or too lazy to do anything for herself other than look pretty and give bad haircuts.

Show about a ZA, not a daytime soap opera.

I just don't see a good fit here so I hope she's dead as soon as possible so that season 6 will focus on some female characters that are actually interesting.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Frankly, I don't see why she would need to be carried beyond season 6. She adds nothing that doesn't already exist within team family and, as @Empress has said, we don't know all we'd like to about so many others, with new characters soon to be introduced.

As for AB being a good actress - what about Broadway star and Tony/Emmy - nominated Tovah Feldshuh? If anyone should remain based on their acting abilities - it should be her. So if AB stays, I'm not so sure it would be based on her acting abilities. In any event, I think the clock is ticking for Mrs. Anderson.

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast