1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    The Succubus aka "The Beast" Empress's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Level

~Lizzie Appreciation Thread - NO HATE~

Lizzie Samuels was a fantastic depiction of a budding psychopath.
    The combination of her expected innocence and her twisted view of an already twisted world was brilliant and should have been explored more deeply and honestly.
    She was complex, multifaceted, terrifying and almost pitiful in her desperation to make sense of a world long lost to reason.
    Like other misunderstood characters, this should have been appreciated more.
    This is a place to post all positive things Lizzie. GIF's/pictures, discuss alternative endings and potential arcs she could have had, and anything else really that doesn’t dismiss her as just a ‘crazy kid and good riddance.’

Credit to HateForTheMasses for thread idea.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    I wish we would have gotten a back story on Lizzie to see if she had problem pre ZA. Or what kind of problems she had. I kinda wish she would have been around a little longer. It would have made her death even more sad. I miss the crazy, sweet, messed up girl.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Brighton is just simply amazing in her portrayal. I thought that her character answered a very important and realistic question. What would happen to someone, especially a child, that was too mentally ill to be able to function? Her illness would have continued to progress as she matured. I've seen many claim that she would just gotten herself killed but I don't see that. She knew she it was necessary to kill walkers and did so. She would have eventually understood that in order to be close to walkers that she had to remove the arms and jaws and would have become efficient in doing so. Of course had she remained with TF she would have learned to hide these things. She was mentally ill but she did have a grasp on self preservation as evidenced by her covering Judith's mouth. I don't think it would have hurt her feeling at if Judith had died but her reason for covering her mouth wasn't to outright kill her. It was to protect herself.

As as we have already briefly discussed in PM I would have loved to have seen her taken under Gareths wing. I really do believe that he would have found her mind to be interesting and could have accepted her into the fold. He wouldn't have tried to change her. He would have allowed her to be who she is.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked her complexity and uniqueness as a character, and she was played very well.
    I felt that she was already this way before the ZA, from what Mika said.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GiaKatana View Post
    I liked her complexity and uniqueness as a character, and she was played very well.
    I felt that she was already this way before the ZA, from what Mika said.
    I wish we could have found out how she acted and what she did before ZA. Did she kill animals did she treated to kill things. Just would have been nice to know.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon's Mistress View Post
    I wish we could have found out how she acted and what she did before ZA. Did she kill animals did she treated to kill things. Just would have been nice to know.
    I've read cases where serious cruelty to animals was happening at younger ages than Lizzie would have been pre ZA. I think the most extreme case was a 7 year old cutting heads off of cats and drinking the blood. So it is possible. It's more common in males, though. Which makes her even more interesting.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    I've read cases where serious cruelty to animals was happening at younger ages than Lizzie would have been pre ZA. I think the most extreme case was a 7 year old cutting heads off of cats and drinking the blood. So it is possible. It's more common in males, though. Which makes her even more interesting.
    That is so gross but it is a very interesting to find out why they do the things they do.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon's Mistress View Post
    That is so gross but it is a very interesting to find out why they do the things they do.
    Lizzie was a very lonely little girl. Her human interaction never amounted to a thing because she knew she was so different. I imagine Mika was the closest thing to a friends she ever had and even though Mika did try to help her there was obvious judgment. It becomes a need to possess. Kids like this don't start out killing humans. They start out on animals. They kill them so they can't run away or leave them. So they have a friend that they know will be there. Of course they end up rotting and the process has to start over. The fact that walkers reanimate added such a fascinating element to this.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    Lizzie was an incredibly interesting character. I really wish we'd gotten to see a little bit more of her, but I do love the way her arc panned out. I'm so glad the show was not afraid to show a psychologically compromised child. It happens in real-life, and any issues like that would be magnified ten fold in a zombie apocalypse.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    Lizzie was a very lonely little girl. Her human interaction never amounted to a thing because she knew she was so different. I imagine Mika was the closest thing to a friends she ever had and even though Mika did try to help her there was obvious judgment. It becomes a need to possess. Kids like this don't start out killing humans. They start out on animals. They kill them so they can't run away or leave them. So they have a friend that they know will be there. Of course they end up rotting and the process has to start over. The fact that walkers reanimate added such a fascinating element to this.
    I really wish we would have had more time with her. It would have been a lot better than some of the stuff we got in 4b.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast