1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)

Fear The Walking Dog - Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1 - FEAR THE WALKING DOG

Somewhere in a more innocent world in Walkertown, King County, Georgia, the residents are waking up. It's Monday morning and time for work and school. Let's meet some of the residents, shall we?

Living on the Morgan Court, a cul-de-sac, are:

Dale Horvath, a widower with giant eyebrows, and his beloved poodle, Andrea. While Dale neglects his own grooming, Andrea is always perfectly groomed. Dale himself cuts her whitish blonde hair, brushes her coat everyday and keeps her pedicure fresh. He even cooks her meals for her since she's the love of his life. His yard is filled with poodle statuary and his home is filled with poodle art. Andrea is a snobby bitch to the rest of the people and dogs on the street and spends all her time either yapping to be groomed and fed or moaning with delight at Dale's attentions.

To the left of Dale lives Ed Peletier, his lovely wife Carol, his 13 year old daughter Sophia, their dog Cujo and Sophia's cat, Amy. Ed wortks at the largest business in Walkertown, the Walker Nuclear Waste Disposal Plant. He is an excellent provider for stay at home mom Carol and Sophia. Cujo and Carol greet Ed every morning by licking his face to wake him up and they both greet him enthusiastically when he comes home from work. Carol often makes Ed his favorite casserole and will tell anyone how much she loves that big lunk. Like the rest of the Morgan cul-de-sac residents, the Peletiers and Cujo hate Andrea and the Horvath yard statues. All day long they hear the yap, yap, yapping and moaning coming from next door. If Cujo could only get to that little bitch Andrea and shut her up, all would be well in the Peletier household.

The Grimes family lives next to the Peletiers. Rick Grimes is a deputy sheriff of King County and his wife Lori is an attentive stay at home mom to their 13 year old son Carl, Sophia's best friend. Carl received their golden retriever, Brian, for Christmas when he was 6 years old and loves taking Brian for walks and playing fetch the tennis ball for hours wtih Brian. Brian adores Carl, Rick and Lori and would do anything to protect them. Like the Peletiers, the Grimes hate both Andrea and Dale's poodle yard art.

The next house on the Morgan cul-de-sac is inhabited by Shane Walsh, another deputy sheriff who is Rick's partner and best friend. Shane is married to Jessie, Lori's sister. Jessie is a sculptor who sadly lost her arm in a bizarre gardening accident. Because of Jessie's handicap, the Walshes decided not to have children. Until recently, they doted on their german shepherds, Scooby Doo and Santa's Little Helper. However, a few months ago, the Walshes inherited Shane's sweet 12 year old nieces, Lizzie and Mika, after the bizarre suicide of Shane's brother and his wife. The little girls' parents impaled themselves on various garden implements, while Mika napped, despite Lizzie's valiant attempts to stop them. Mika and Lizzie are both excellent students and Lizzie has won several science fairs for her biology and anatomy entries.

The last house on Morgan Court is occupied by Mary Chris and her 25 and 24 year old sons, Gareth and Alex. Before his death, Mr. Chris operated a chain of high end steak houses. However, after their patriarch's death, and due to their inability to obtain steak which met their high standards, the Chris family founded Del Arno, a food supply business which supplies all the restaurants in and around Walkertown. Del Arno is known throughout Georgia for the quality of their meats. The Chris family is constantly adopting dogs from the local shelter although the dogs seem to either run off or are sent to live on a relative's farm.

Across the tracks, in double wide adjoining trailers, live Merle Dixon and his brother Daryl. Merle and Daryl are no strangers to the law or to Rick and Shane. Merle has been arrested numerous times for manufacturing pharmaceuticals. However, he retired from that business when his old partner, Walter White, moved to New Mexico. Merle is now on the straight and narrow path, thanks to his older wife, Abuela. Together they own and operate the Terminus diner which specializes in huervos rancheros. Because Abuela is allergic to dogs and cats, Merle and Abuela enjoy keeping rabbits and hamsters as pets. Recently, the rabbits and hamsters have been disappearing or turning up dead which Merle blames on Daryl's hunting dogs, causing a rift between the brothers.

Daryl's arrests have been minor, compared to Merle's, and primarily were for trespassing and hunting out of season. Daryl's love of hunting caused a serious problem when he shot Mayor Phillip Blake's eye out while trying to shoot a squirrel. There is nothing in the world Daryl hates more than squirrels. He is determined to rid Walkertown of every last squirrel even if it takes the rest of his life. When not hunting or shooting squirrels, he owns a motorcycle repair business with his wife Bekki, a talented artist who is far superior at diagnosing and repairing bikes. Because of his love of hunting, Daryl keeps 8 to 10 hunting dogs in his outdoor kennel. Although he takes good care of the dogs, they were bred solely for hunting.

The largest home in town is occupied by Mayor Phillip Blake, a widower, and his young daughter Penny. He is loved by all Walkertown residents and has been elected mayor for 5 consecutive terms. The Mayor's fiance is Nimbus McLeod and they plan to marry in the next year. They have a lovely collie named Fido and are quite the happy family, depite the loss of Phillip's eye. Nimbus constantly tells him it makes him look like Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean, her favorite movie. In fact, Phillip has been known to dress in a pirate costume for those nights when Penny is with the babysitter.

Behind the mayor's house is the local propane company, Heat for the Masses, owned by Maggie and Glenn Rhee. Maggie and Glenn live on a farm not far from town owned by Maggie's father, veterinarian Hershel Greene. Maggie and Glenn enjoy raising and breeding horses. Hershel dotes on his maltese, Beth. Unfortunately, Beth isn't very smart and spends most of the day licking herself. Since she has been impossible to housetrain, she lives in the barn with the horses.

On the town square is the law firm of Mike and Michonne Terry. The Terrys have one son, toddler, Andre Anthony. Due to Andre's allergies, the Terrys cannot have pets. The Terrys are quite well off, having defended Walter White and the Dixons numerous times over the years. They are currently representing the residents of Morgan Court in the class action suit to declare Dale Horvath's property and his dog, Andrea, a public nuisance. They are also defending Daryl Dixon in the civil suit brought by Mayor Blake over the eye shooting. The Terrys live in a lovely downtown condominium.

At 2:00 p.m., Walkertown will forever change as Ed Peletier's accident at the Nuclear Waste facility will set off a cataclysmic chain of events, turning Walkertown into a place of terror. Meanwhile, an unsuspecting Dale sits with Andrea:[IMG][/IMG]

Keep watching this thread for Chapter 2 of Fear the Walking Dog. Thanks to @Bekki Dixon for the poodle palace gif.

Any comments would be appreciated. Those of you who would like to be characters (victims or survivors) as Fear the Walking Dog story unfolds, just let me know.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyreese's Widow View Post
    CHAPTER 1 - FEAR THE WALKING DOG

Somewhere in a more innocent world in Walkertown, King County, Georgia, the residents are waking up. It's Monday morning and time for work and school. Let's meet some of the residents, shall we?

Living on the Morgan Court, a cul-de-sac, are:

Dale Horvath, a widower with giant eyebrows, and his beloved poodle, Andrea. While Dale neglects his own grooming, Andrea is always perfectly groomed. Dale himself cuts her whitish blonde hair, brushes her coat everyday and keeps her pedicure fresh. He even cooks her meals for her since she's the love of his life. His yard is filled with poodle statuary and his home is filled with poodle art. Andrea is a snobby bitch to the rest of the people and dogs on the street and spends all her time either yapping to be groomed and fed or moaning with delight at Dale's attentions.

To the left of Dale lives Ed Peletier, his lovely wife Carol, his 13 year old daughter Sophia, their dog Cujo and Sophia's cat, Amy. Ed wortks at the largest business in Walkertown, the Walker Nuclear Waste Disposal Plant. He is an excellent provider for stay at home mom Carol and Sophia. Cujo and Carol greet Ed every morning by licking his face to wake him up and they both greet him enthusiastically when he comes home from work. Carol often makes Ed his favorite casserole and will tell anyone how much she loves that big lunk. Like the rest of the Morgan cul-de-sac residents, the Peletiers and Cujo hate Andrea and the Horvath yard statues. All day long they hear the yap, yap, yapping and moaning coming from next door. If Cujo could only get to that little bitch Andrea and shut her up, all would be well in the Peletier household.

The Grimes family lives next to the Peletiers. Rick Grimes is a deputy sheriff of King County and his wife Lori is an attentive stay at home mom to their 13 year old son Carl, Sophia's best friend. Carl received their golden retriever, Brian, for Christmas when he was 6 years old and loves taking Brian for walks and playing fetch the tennis ball for hours wtih Brian. Brian adores Carl, Rick and Lori and would do anything to protect them. Like the Peletiers, the Grimes hate both Andrea and Dale's poodle yard art.

The next house on the Morgan cul-de-sac is inhabited by Shane Walsh, another deputy sheriff who is Rick's partner and best friend. Shane is married to Jessie, Lori's sister. Jessie is a sculptor who sadly lost her arm in a bizarre gardening accident. Because of Jessie's handicap, the Walshes decided not to have children. Until recently, they doted on their german shepherds, Scooby Doo and Santa's Little Helper. However, a few months ago, the Walshes inherited Shane's sweet 12 year old nieces, Lizzie and Mika, after the bizarre suicide of Shane's brother and his wife. The little girls' parents impaled themselves on various garden implements, while Mika napped, despite Lizzie's valiant attempts to stop them. Mika and Lizzie are both excellent students and Lizzie has won several science fairs for her biology and anatomy entries.

The last house on Morgan Court is occupied by Mary Chris and her 25 and 24 year old sons, Gareth and Alex. Before his death, Mr. Chris operated a chain of high end steak houses. However, after their patriarch's death, and due to their inability to obtain steak which met their high standards, the Chris family founded Del Arno, a food supply business which supplies all the restaurants in and around Walkertown. Del Arno is known throughout Georgia for the quality of their meats. The Chris family is constantly adopting dogs from the local shelter although the dogs seem to either run off or are sent to live on a relative's farm.

Across the tracks, in double wide adjoining trailers, live Merle Dixon and his brother Daryl. Merle and Daryl are no strangers to the law or to Rick and Shane. Merle has been arrested numerous times for manufacturing pharmaceuticals. However, he retired from that business when his old partner, Walter White, moved to New Mexico. Merle is now on the straight and narrow path, thanks to his older wife, Abuela. Together they own and operate the Terminus diner which specializes in huervos rancheros. Because Abuela is allergic to dogs and cats, Merle and Abuela enjoy keeping rabbits and hamsters as pets. Recently, the rabbits and hamsters have been disappearing or turning up dead which Merle blames on Daryl's hunting dogs, causing a rift between the brothers.

Daryl's arrests have been minor, compared to Merle's, and primarily were for trespassing and hunting out of season. Daryl's love of hunting caused a serious problem when he shot Mayor Phillip Blake's eye out while trying to shoot a squirrel. There is nothing in the world Daryl hates more than squirrels. He is determined to rid Walkertown of every last squirrel even if it takes the rest of his life. When not hunting or shooting squirrels, he owns a motorcycle repair business with his wife Bekki, a talented artist who is far superior at diagnosing and repairing bikes. Because of his love of hunting, Daryl keeps 8 to 10 hunting dogs in his outdoor kennel. Although he takes good care of the dogs, they were bred solely for hunting.

The largest home in town is occupied by Mayor Phillip Blake, a widower, and his young daughter Penny. He is loved by all Walkertown residents and has been elected mayor for 5 consecutive terms. The Mayor's fiance is Nimbus McLeod and they plan to marry in the next year. They have a lovely collie named Fido and are quite the happy family, depite the loss of Phillip's eye. Nimbus constantly tells him it makes him look like Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean, her favorite movie. In fact, Phillip has been known to dress in a pirate costume for those nights when Penny is with the babysitter.

Behind the mayor's house is the local propane company, Heat for the Masses, owned by Maggie and Glenn Rhee. Maggie and Glenn live on a farm not far from town owned by Maggie's father, veterinarian Hershel Greene. Maggie and Glenn enjoy raising and breeding horses. Hershel dotes on his maltese, Beth. Unfortunately, Beth isn't very smart and spends most of the day licking herself. Since she has been impossible to housetrain, she lives in the barn with the horses.

On the town square is the law firm of Mike and Michonne Terry. The Terrys have one son, toddler, Andre Anthony. Due to Andre's allergies, the Terrys cannot have pets. The Terrys are quite well off, having defended Walter White and the Dixons numerous times over the years. They are currently representing the residents of Morgan Court in the class action suit to declare Dale Horvath's property and his dog, Andrea, a public nuisance. They are also defending Daryl Dixon in the civil suit brought by Mayor Blake over the eye shooting. The Terrys live in a lovely downtown condominium.

At 2:00 p.m., Walkertown will forever change as Ed Peletier's accident at the Nuclear Waste facility will set off a cataclysmic chain of events, turning Walkertown into a place of terror. Meanwhile, an unsuspecting Dale sits with Andrea:[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/93KotEj.png?1[/IMG]

Keep watching this thread for Chapter 2 of Fear the Walking Dog. Thanks to @Bekki Dixon for the poodle palace gif.

Any comments would be appreciated. Those of you who would like to be characters (victims or survivors) as Fear the Walking Dog story unfolds, just let me know.
    Aww man. This fic is the best kind of crack. I love you and this @Tyreese's Widow. You should tag all members featured :D..... Heat for the Masses........ I'll never get over that. Brilliant. I really really want you to continue this. It's so imaginative. So now there's 4! great alternate TWD fics here! And I like your style of writing too!

Thank you for making me Daryl's wife.

I wanna change my user name to Mrs. Dixon now... I feel the urge to tag the whole Dixon clan....

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Best of all, @Bekki Dixon, you have Abuela for a sister-in-law! I'm still trying to decide which direction this saga will take although I'm 99.9% sure
    Spoiler Spoiler:

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Best of all, @Bekki Dixon, you have Abuela for a sister-in-law! I'm still trying to decide which direction this saga will take although I'm 99.9% sure
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    If it's the same Abuela And @Nimbus's and @HeatForTheM...... @HateForTheMasses fic, I know I'm in safe hands.

Spoiler Spoiler:

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Awesome @Tyreese's Widow! I love it already!

I would be honored to be a character if you can find a way to squeeze me in. I don't care what the character is.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    @John Dixon, Walkertown will very soon need an animal trainer/dog whisperer. I think you'd be perfect for that and you're likely a cousin to Daryl and Merle. I think Hershel has already contacted you about trying to housebreak Beth. She could be your first failure.
    @Bekki Dixon, Abuela is so awesome, I had to include her.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm leaving for the Bahamas tomorrow for 5 days with my young hot boyfriend. I expect to be quite inspired by him but won't be doing any writing until I return and recover.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    @John Dixon, Walkertown will very soon need an animal trainer/dog whisperer. I think you'd be perfect for that and you're likely a cousin to Daryl and Merle. I think Hershel has already contacted you about trying to housebreak Beth. She could be your first failure.
    @Bekki Dixon, Abuela is so awesome, I had to include her.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm leaving for the Bahamas tomorrow for 5 days with my young hot boyfriend. I expect to be quite inspired by him but won't be doing any writing until I return and recover.
    Awesome! I think anything involving me breaking Beth is beyond perfect, thanks! And have fun in the Bahamas!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Lol. Well done, TW.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    This is wonderful. :)

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    The Governor's fiancee sounds delightful. I assume she is a smoking hot MILF? Lol. Well done, TW, I'm looking forward to the next instalment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast