Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Victor Strand

1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    He was obviously locked up because he was black. No further reason is necessary. I'm not getting attached to him.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Hopefully he doesn't die in tonight's episode. I think he'd be a cool villain next season.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    He's one of the most interesting characters they have. They better not do away with him for quite a while.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Is anyone else other than me seeing the possibility for a Gov/Merle parallel here? Nick is separated from his family just as Merle was and Strand could definitely turn into a charismatic leader that doesn't exactly qualify as much much of a nice guy like Gov. Then the possibility exists that Nick reconnects later on.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know if I'd make that comparison. Nick being away from his family does make him vulnerable and easy to manipulate. I'm sure Strand will have him under his thumb for a while. I can't wait to see what he's planning

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
    I don't know if I'd make that comparison. Nick being away from his family does make him vulnerable and easy to manipulate. I'm sure Strand will have him under his thumb for a while. I can't wait to see what he's planning
    Nick being a drug addict does make him vulnerable and easy to manipulate, too.
    I was hoping he'd detox, otherwise he's a liability to everyone.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    The finale left with one huge question. How in the world did this guy end up in that place? My first impression was that he was possibly a mid level drug dealer or pimp which would have made some sense but this is obviously a very wealthy man. These military men made it pretty clear that they could be purchased so why did he waste his time just buying a key when he obviously had enough material things to have easily convinced them to just set him free before he ever was taken to that place. Plus he seemed absolutely healthy.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Would You Kindly? hello-sweetie's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    The finale left with one huge question. How in the world did this guy end up in that place? My first impression was that he was possibly a mid level drug dealer or pimp which would have made some sense but this is obviously a very wealthy man. These military men made it pretty clear that they could be purchased so why did he waste his time just buying a key when he obviously had enough material things to have easily convinced them to just set him free before he ever was taken to that place. Plus he seemed absolutely healthy.
    Yeah, I ended up with more questions about Strand than answers. At the moment I can buy the theory that he bribed the soldiers to be quarantined, but that still doesn't make a huge amount of sense if it was just to buy time until he... what - had the right opportunity to escape after the world officially goes to shit? Find the perfect lackey in someone like Nick? Maybe he was detained because he unsuccessfully tried to bribe the wrong soldiers to let him into a quarantine zone and it was only after being detained that he found soldiers corrupt enough to take his bribes.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Why was he packing what looked like more white dress shirts? He seemed to be in tune to what was happening in the jail, yet now he thinks he needs dress shirts? He also was pick pocketed by Nick for a very important item that he should have been keeping a bit more secure. He seems like he's probably smart/shrewd in some ways, but seems more about appearing in control than actually being in control. He also has no problem leaving people behind, so we'll see if anyone else makes it to the boat with him.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    At the moment I am torn between it just being poorly conceived writing, as so little of his characterisation or ultimate purpose makes sense, or some sort of genius level set up for a huge reveal next season. Obviously I am not getting my hopes up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast