Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Victor Strand

1. Back To Top    #31
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Well, he had an Aston Martin Vanquish in his garage.....so he can't be all bad.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hello-sweetie View Post
    Yeah, I ended up with more questions about Strand than answers. At the moment I can buy the theory that he bribed the soldiers to be quarantined, but that still doesn't make a huge amount of sense if it was just to buy time until he... what - had the right opportunity to escape after the world officially goes to shit? Find the perfect lackey in someone like Nick? Maybe he was detained because he unsuccessfully tried to bribe the wrong soldiers to let him into a quarantine zone and it was only after being detained that he found soldiers corrupt enough to take his bribes.
    I considered this as well and like you said it just doesn't make a lot of sense as to why he'd want to even bother with being there. Why wouldn't he have just bribed the military into airlifting him to his boat? I can see the possibility that maybe he didn't trust them to know about it though. It really does feel like him being there was by choice. Hopefully his motivation in making that choice will be explained next season.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Maybe his yacht staff got eaten and he needed to find people to serve him onboard. That's my theory.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    My theory. ... strand is the butler of that house. When seen packing, he is packing clean pressed shirts. He knows all of the ins and outs of that house and the cruise line. Maybe a politician he was working for lived there and had some kind of heads up and told him about it?

- - - Updated - - -

And he needs nick, the thief junkie, because he knows the ins and outs of getting into the house... and the cruise schedule... but not how to actually get onto the ship.

5. Back To Top    #35
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    I want to know his back story. One thing I noticed though while they were locked up together the line that Strand says about the rich, privelaged, frequent flyer people doesn't make sense if he is wealthy himself. Did anyone else catch that?

6. Back To Top    #36
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    He's evil.

7. Back To Top    #37
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    If Double-Naught secret agent Strand doesn't have a locker full of suppressed H-und-K pistols & submachine guns on his boat, then I will be disappointed.

8. Back To Top    #38
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    not evil per se.. Just not morally balanced hes more morally base level. Looks ahead, pays attention, expects to be a winner, not always first just close enough to get the prize.. knowing he can just take it.

9. Back To Top    #39
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    This character could be possibly the breaking point of this show for me. The actor who plays Strand is phenomenal and his stage work is amazing. He has so many mysteries surrounding him and I feel like he could prove to be a great asset to the group (beyond the boat). They better not screw up Strand because he is one of the most interesting ones on the show.

10. Back To Top    #40
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    ever notice the big bads in every season have some kind of "sales" or business background. just saying Strand strikes me as the Governor type.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234