Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level

Griselda's Death Scene

The Spanish Griselda speaks doesn't appear on the CC transcripts, so I typed it out. Griselda is clearly talking about herself and Daniel.

An unnamed nurse, Exner, and Liza are with Griselda. Griselda is semi-conscious and begins to speak in Spanish.

Liza: Griselda.

Griselda: I came to you as a girl, poor and stupid. I promised myself to you because I was young, and I did not know your nature. I saw the devilís face. It is the same as yours. He showed me his face. Itís yours . . . All those nights . . .

Griselda: . . . all those nights, my husband and I together, waiting for them to break down the door.

Griselda: The faces . . .

Exner: What is she saying?

Griselda: . . . of the disappeared.

Liza: I don't know. She's not making any sense. (speaking Spanish) Es Liza.

Griselda: . . . waiting to curse us with their torches, their rope. I did what I did. I loved who I loved. What did you want me to do?

Exner: Her brain is swelling.

Griselda: So take my flesh piece by piece if that is my penance. Do it now. I will not ask you why. [She smiles.] Now I know your nature. [Laughs] Now you know mine.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I loved the scene and it gave me the creeps at the same time! I just got shades of Regan in The Exorcist, speaking in tongues...that vacuous look in Greiselda's dark eyes..awesome!! The actor did a fantastic job, IMO.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    They're making me greedy to learn more about Daniel's backstory. Sounds pretty nasty and that she truly struggled with it for many years.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Chilling with Brie Larson and all of her awards
    Threads
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Im confused, does Liza speak spanish or not? It seemed like she didnt but then Exner asked her what she was saying and Liza didnt say "i dont speak the language" she said "she isnt making any sense".

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Breck View Post
    Im confused, does Liza speak spanish or not? It seemed like she didnt but then Exner asked her what she was saying and Liza didnt say "i dont speak the language" she said "she isnt making any sense".
    I believe that she does. She made a comment before about Griselda not speaking much English as an attempt to justify her presence back there with her. I also was left with the impression that Liza didn't want to tell the doctor exactly what she was saying.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    I believe that she does. She made a comment before about Griselda not speaking much English as an attempt to justify her presence back there with her. I also was left with the impression that Liza didn't want to tell the doctor exactly what she was saying.
    or, she didn't understand it herself. It seemed to be from the recess of Griselda's mind, so it probably sounded like gibberish to Liza.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    or, she didn't understand it herself. It seemed to be from the recess of Griselda's mind, so it probably sounded like gibberish to Liza.
    It really is up in the air and could go either way. I'm betting that she speaks the language, though. There's a small possibility that Liza had also become afraid to tell the doctor too much out of fear of the results. I don't think that Liza had given up on Griselda making it at that point. I could be reading too deep, though.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Chilling with Brie Larson and all of her awards
    Threads
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    Ok, cos i was rather confused. When she was in the salazars barber shop, she didnt say anything so i couldnt tell.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level
    Liza speaks Spanish, but she appeared to me to be confused about what Griselda was talking about. Face of the devil, faces of the disappeared, etc. Liza doesn't know about the Salazars real life in El Salvador, so what Griselda is saying doesn't make sense to her.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level
    I absolutely loved this scene. The actress played Griselda's manic confession to perfection and it gave the character more depth in a single minute than she had in the past three episodes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast