Thread: The Stadium

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

The Stadium

Based on an article in IBT that stated "Daniel Salazaar has to decide what to do with his grim new discovery," and showed a picture of Daniel outside the stadium, and clips from the trailer, I think I have an idea as to what Daniel may do in the finale. Could he perhaps unleash the stadium zombies and lead them to the military compound in an attempt to overrun the compound and sneak in and save his people in the ensuing chaos? Perhaps an incorrect theory, interested to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level
    Daniel is a ruthless man and is determined to get Griselda from the field hospital. The field hospital is at a community college campus two miles from the safe zone. I don't know how far away the arena is from the field hospital or the safe zone. I'm not sure Daniel would let them out and try to lead them to the hospital because Daniel doesn't know the first thing about handling zombies. Even if Daniel can open the doors safely (say he steals a grenade) and then leads the zombies to the hospital, he'd then have to get in and out with Griselda (he thinks) when the campus is swarmed by the undead. 2,000 zombies is a lot of zombies.

However, they showed Daniel looking at those banging arena doors for a reason, so I do expect the zombies to get out in the finale. Maybe Daniel does bust a chain from a distance with a grenade and drives away quickly. The zombies will swarm the streets, distract the military, and thus give the survivors a chance to drive to the field hospital without being stopped.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it's kind of a useless plot point to bring up unless the zombies are going to escape. So it's likely to happen one way or another.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I wonder if there are any living individuals in there at all.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    I wonder if there are any living individuals in there at all.
    That's a good point. Resourceful individuals may have managed to get into a locked bathroom or utility closet (any room with a water source) and survived.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flannery View Post
    That's a good point. Resourceful individuals may have managed to get into a locked bathroom or utility closet (any room with a water source) and survived.
    I'm hoping we are introduced to at least one that tells the story of what exactly happened. I know it's pretty obvious, but some firsthand details could be interesting. My biggest question is whether or not that was the first place they took sick people and they lost control of it amd were forced to barricade the doors. It would be real fucked up if the military lured people there just to lock them up so that their job would be easier.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Flannery View Post
    From volunteering at our stadium I can tell you first hand there are dozens and dozens of rooms to lock yourself in and survive for a bit. Food stands are in abundance in stadiums. As well as chefs kitchens...:)

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The arena seems to be close as there were 3 military trucks going by while he was sneaking in. Also, I don't think a grenade would be necessary. If you unlocked one of the doors with a lockpick or bolt cutter, you would have a few seconds to run to a car while the zombies all get stuck trying to cram through one door at once. I think that's why he says he needs ofelias help. She's waiting in the car, he runs back, and with all the noise the military is making and all the trucks going back for Cobalt, the zombies will naturally go there. And it makes sense to get people out b/c say the Zombies approach the front, the military will be totally distracted and you could cut the back of the fence and sneak in and out. The military should be able to hold them off long enough for you to do that. Thoughts? I think the language is key, "Daniel Salazaar has to DECIDE what to do with his grim new discovery (of the stadium). Throughout the series zombies have never been able to break through a chained and boarded door. The hospital zombies were still stuck in the cafeteria months later when Rick first woke up in TWD.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rob24601 View Post
    Based on an article in IBT that stated "Daniel Salazaar has to decide what to do with his grim new discovery," and showed a picture of Daniel outside the stadium, and clips from the trailer, I think I have an idea as to what Daniel may do in the finale. Could he perhaps unleash the stadium zombies and lead them to the military compound in an attempt to overrun the compound and sneak in and save his people in the ensuing chaos? Perhaps an incorrect theory, interested to hear everyone's thoughts on it.
    Even though its shown that hes willing to torture someone for info on his wife, even at the risk of his daughter finding out and hating him for it, he has shown a cold determined side regardless of consequences, but I hope he wouldnt unleash a number of Zs purely to increase confusion when he knows that the military and those running the rescue efforts are leaving them behind, he can simply go back to the hospital since he knows theyre leaving, he can go directly there and find out where his wife is and what happened.

If anything I believe Daniel is smart enough to realize that this is beyond disaster level, a stadium full of undead, filled with people the military had shoved inside, I can imagine a similar situation in hurricane Katrina when all the survivors had amassed there waiting for help, only to succumb to the chaos within. Daniel would be a fool to let them out, he wouldnt be able to control the masses of Zs inside, let alone lure them to the compound, then endanger his wife in the process, thats pure idiocy, he has put his wife and family above all other considerations, so I doubt very much that he would put them in harms way.

I think he would turn back to town ask Travis and his wife to take care of his daughter, and perhaps he will tell them to get away, and explain why, the problem with that is Nick, they would want to go with him because of Nick, so I think Travis will go with Daniel, the rest will head out to the desert and wait for them like they had originally planned.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I wish this show would've, could've, should've a lot of story. Missed the boat, yes , a scene about a characters experience inside arena would've been great, but like I said; the show runner missed the boat on what we as fans new and old want in this universe. Example is the fall of society. We saw a riot, that's it. A hospital drive by that looked awesome and hey! I thought they would build on that but..... 9 days later, that's what we get. Then it's like dog days of summer. Jogging, painting, golfing. All in the first 10 days of the end of the world as we know it! Then an episode without one, yes one zombie! Man, do I hope they knock it out of the ball park in episode 6( ep. 5 was good but a little too late) maybe it's time they dropped Dave Erickson as show runner as I think he doesn't get what this world and its stories and characters we , the audience want to see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast