Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    In an interview with EW, the showrunner basically admitted that they will be on the water for a good chunk of the next season. They're going to be hugging the coast, so the theory that they travel to Vancouver could happen. He also said that humans would be a threat as well next year.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    Environmental factors might finally be added into the show, more other type survival situations might be added to steer away from to many similarities with TWD, going inland for supply runs encountering various people etc, maybe pirates? or they could find abandoned cruisers with Zs on it who knows, maybe a giligans island lol. They might encounter naval groups? suddenly the last ship comes to mind lol with the scenarios heading that way minus the cure etc.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTwerkingDead View Post
    1. I'm not seeing why Strand would want to bring them all along with him. He's already shown that he understands what is needed to survive in the ZA (including using others to get what you need), so bringing them with him would only strain his resources. If he takes them along, he likely has a 'use' for them - and it's probably not good.

2. If they make it to the boat and set sail, my melancholy guess: They head north up the west coast, land in Vancouver and the show takes place from there, thus allowing AMC to save the future costs of 'pretending' to be in LA while filming in Canada anyhow.
    I agree with you. The way Strand had been portrayed, I can't imagine him willing to take all of those people onto his yacht. I know that he would want Nick as he was the first person Strand told about the yacht. I also think he'd be willing to take Madison because he said that they are going to get along really well in the scene where Madison was driving them to Strand's coastal estate. He can see that she is ballsy and he likes that. I also think he may take Daniel if he knows that he was an effective interrogator.

I don't think he'll want to take Ofelia. She's injured and someone that can hold them back. Also Chris and Alicia seem kind of useless right now so if they don't show themselves to be useful to Strand in any way, then he might not want to take them as well. Then there's Travis. So far, he hasn't really given Strand any reason to take him along, but this could make for good story-telling with Madison fighting for her man.

And they haven't even gotten on the boat yet....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    In an interview with EW, the showrunner basically admitted that they will be on the water for a good chunk of the next season. They're going to be hugging the coast, so the theory that they travel to Vancouver could happen. He also said that humans would be a threat as well next year.
    It's probably unlikely given that all their filming will be in Vancouver, but I was hoping they'd take the story south to Mexico before they go north just for a change of scenery (and more story possibilities). But I'm really glad that they're changing things up in terms of means of travel so that it's not too much like TWD.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    I hope it sinks along with the entire show. I couldn't get into this show at all and I couldn't relate to any of the characters. I might watch it if there's nothing else on and I don't have anything better to do. But, I wouldn't miss it if it doesn't return.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by deaddee View Post
    I hope it sinks along with the entire show. I couldn't get into this show at all and I couldn't relate to any of the characters. I might watch it if there's nothing else on and I don't have anything better to do. But, I wouldn't miss it if it doesn't return.
    *Shrug* Since they don't care if you don't like it, might as well do something else when the show is back.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I would love for Catalina as well. I was kind of hoping we'd get to see it in at least an episode. I feel like it would be too expensive to film in Avalon, though. They'll probably wind up in the mountains somewhere in the Angeles National Forest eventually... that'll be easy to film.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Slowly traveling up the coast could be cool. Ending up in the desert could be cool. Ending up in Canada so we could finally get some snow episodes would be cool. Regardless it'll be really interesting to see where the show goes since it's already burned out it's original premise of how the apocalypse started. There's not much separating it from being just like Walking Dead or ZNation at this point.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTwerkingDead View Post
    1. I'm not seeing why Strand would want to bring them all along with him. He's already shown that he understands what is needed to survive in the ZA (including using others to get what you need), so bringing them with him would only strain his resources. If he takes them along, he likely has a 'use' for them - and it's probably not good.

2. If they make it to the boat and set sail, my melancholy guess: They head north up the west coast, land in Vancouver and the show takes place from there, thus allowing AMC to save the future costs of 'pretending' to be in LA while filming in Canada anyhow.
    Strand probably realizes there's safety in numbers. Sure, half of that group is useless, but it would be pretty hard to survive the apocalypse flying solo and I think he knows that. You have to sleep eventually and, as Abraham once said, shit inevitably goes down so better them than him I guess.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I want them to strike ground on the shore of an uncharted desert isle. No phones, no lights, no motor cars... Not a single luxury. Like Robinson Crusoe - as primitive as can be.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    It seems like they're going to head for SD. That's a fun change of scenery as well, but where will they go when they find out that Pendleton's been overrun as well? Unless they end up going "Day of the Dead" and the military base is safe and secure. That could definitely show a different side of the apocalypse.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast