Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level

It Will Break Him

This line delivered by Madison in episode 3 had a lot of people wondering her intentions - whether it was said in spite and to put Liza in her place, or if it was simply her focused on Susan and realizing Travis wasn't strong enough to do what needed to be done.

Now we have those same words voiced by Liza to Madison. Someone in another thread mentioned her throwing the line back at Madison as being spiteful. I think it was more that she was telling Madison that Travis is a good man and killing her (or anyone) would kill something in him and that in the end, she and Madison let him do it because they realized that piece of him needed to die in order for him to survive.

I'm wondering what other people think and/or whether I'm totally off in a different world all by myself.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think it was said spitefully. I think it as exactly like Liza said. Madison asked her to do it, so she is asking for the same favor.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Alegna200 View Post
    This line delivered by Madison in episode 3 had a lot of people wondering her intentions - whether it was said in spite and to put Liza in her place, or if it was simply her focused on Susan and realizing Travis wasn't strong enough to do what needed to be done.

Now we have those same words voiced by Liza to Madison. Someone in another thread mentioned her throwing the line back at Madison as being spiteful. I think it was more that she was telling Madison that Travis is a good man and killing her (or anyone) would kill something in him and that in the end, she and Madison let him do it because they realized that piece of him needed to die in order for him to survive.

I'm wondering what other people think and/or whether I'm totally off in a different world all by myself.
    i don't think it said spitefully, but more in a grim joking tone. Before that she asked Madison to help put her down because she was bit and didnt think she could do it herself and she said something like "you never liked me that much anyway". It's the kind of joking you do in a awkward and serious situation to try to relieve the tension somewhat, unfortunately to usually no effect. These two women were never friends and probably had issues between them for various reasons but they never seemed to hate one another and at least respected each other. I do agree that Liza saying the words back to Madison were about Travis being a good man ( which was the title of this epidode, probably not a coincident, LOL) and to the effect of her saying something like : " its Travis, he always trys to do the right thing, putting some down, killing someone, even if its what they want, will never be something that comes easily to him, and i cant, so you're gonna have to for me". In both scenes they were trying to spare Travis having to doing it, from feeling that heavy guilt afterwards because Liza and Madison were never that close to begin with, so in a way it would have been easier for them to go through with it in case the worst occurred. Granted if Madison had killed Liza or if Liza had to have killed Madison for the same reason, they would have felt horrible about it and carried some guilt because of it but not to the extent that Travis now has. Its not easy having to do that to someone you know and care about. And when you think about the fact that it was the mother of his son, a woman he loved for years and probably still cared about, I do think it did break something in him. Especially when you know that he obviously wanted a blended family between him, Madison, nick, Alicia, Liza and Chris to happen even before everything went to shit. That's something that will never happen now and the death of Liza is most likely going to further the bridge between Chris and Travis rather than bring them closer together. It will be harder for Chris because I already think he feels abandoned by his father and all he had left was his mom, who is now dead.

As a sidenote:

In my honest opinion they should have kept Liza and let Ofelia die at the hands of Addams, i really didnt see that scene coming, i thought we would never see him again after travis let him go. This was too predictable for me, and I figured she must have gotten bit after they got attacked in the kitchen area, i was just waiting for the show to confirm it later on. Like someone else said: " they pulled a bob". I actually thought Liza was a more interesting character (liked her dymanic with both Travis and Madison) who actually had relevance on the show and would have been useful to have around for a lot longer. To me, Ofelia is just there, kind of like Alicia and Chris at the moment, that could change in season 2, But whatever. what's done is done, I guess.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I think the whole "spitefulness" thing between Madison and Liza was more of a fan-made issue than it actually was on the show. I thought bringing that line back and reversing the roles was a fantastic move, not only to show the relationship between these two women but especially because Travis ended up doing it himself. So not only did Liza get a heartbreaking death, it directly pushed Travis out of his pacifistic role, which really was needed given what lies ahead.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
    I think the whole "spitefulness" thing between Madison and Liza was more of a fan-made issue than it actually was on the show. I thought bringing that line back and reversing the roles was a fantastic move, not only to show the relationship between these two women but especially because Travis ended up doing it himself. So not only did Liza get a heartbreaking death, it directly pushed Travis out of his pacifistic role, which really was needed given what lies ahead.
    I loved the reversal, too, but I am wondering if it will break Travis psychologically and not merely toughen him up.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I was afraid that Liza would be a one season character based on Elizabeth Rodriguez's comments about being able to squeeze FTWD in with her schedule for OITNB.
    I am not sure why Madison let Travis kill Liza. I guess she felt that he had to have closure and since he loved her, it was an act of kindness. If I were Liza, I'd have said something to Madison when she handed Travis the gun.
    I don't trust Madison. If she cant' go through a simple ding request, she just is already heartless.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothless View Post
    I was afraid that Liza would be a one season character based on Elizabeth Rodriguez's comments about being able to squeeze FTWD in with her schedule for OITNB.
    I am not sure why Madison let Travis kill Liza. I guess she felt that he had to have closure and since he loved her, it was an act of kindness. If I were Liza, I'd have said something to Madison when she handed Travis the gun.
    I don't trust Madison. If she cant' go through a simple ding request, she just is already heartless.
    I can understand Madison's hesitation because Liza hadn't turned. Madison asked Liza earlier to kill her if she ended up like Susan (zombified), but killing a living person who was maybe days from dying would be extremely difficult even if the person is asking for a quick death. If Travis hadn't arrived, I think Madison would have worked herself up to it.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Was she bit or was she scratched because it looked like she was scratched to me.

What I find kind of strange that in all the seasons of TWD We have yet to see anyone scratched infected, especially how many times we see our heroes wrestling around with walkers.
    The other thing I don't get is why walker blood and guts on the skin, eyes and mouth has not infected anyone, we have seen quite a few times where blood an guts have gotten in Rick and Michonne's face, eyes and mouth.

I dunno, even being a Doctor/nurse and knowing what happens I'd actually have to wait and see if I actually got sick and wait until I was so sick I couldn't take it any longer before I asked someone to put me down as that 24-48 hours could be spent helping/protecting my loved ones or group or just spending as much time as possible with them before I checked out.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Trravis already moved out of that place when he beat the army kid almost to death/ hell that whole group left him to what ever might come along. I really didn't think too much about her saying that to her.......she had followed her and she knew she was strong enough to do it
    once Travis showed up they quickly moved on and he didn't hesitate to help her die which was mostly thinking of their son.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Was she bit or was she scratched because it looked like she was scratched to me.

What I find kind of strange that in all the seasons of TWD We have yet to see anyone scratched infected, especially how many times we see our heroes wrestling around with walkers.
    The other thing I don't get is why walker blood and guts on the skin, eyes and mouth has not infected anyone, we have seen quite a few times where blood an guts have gotten in Rick and Michonne's face, eyes and mouth.

I dunno, even being a Doctor/nurse and knowing what happens I'd actually have to wait and see if I actually got sick and wait until I was so sick I couldn't take it any longer before I asked someone to put me down as that 24-48 hours could be spent helping/protecting my loved ones or group or just spending as much time as possible with them before I checked out.
    Everyone is already infected. It's not walker blood and guts that turns you into a walker, it's death. The reason why people turn is because they die from an infection of a bite.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast