Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Season One Finale of Fear The Walking Dead.

Well the first season is over and I enjoyed the show. However after watching the first season finale, I have a few things I wish to bitch a bit about. This is not a hater posting. More like a frustrated fan. Spoilers will be mentioned in the paragraph below. If you have not watched the first season finale and you do not want to have anything spoiled. Turn back now cause from here on in, there are going to be spoilers. You have been warned.

Spoilers in this post begin here. For a prequel/spinoff I think the series turned out better than expected for some, but definitely not as great as the first season of The Walking Dead, but that is just my opinion. In another post somewhere down the line, I will try and cover things from a larger perspective, but for now and to keep this short as I can, I am going to focus on a few things only.

Daniel Salazar may have helped them survive, but I do not like his character anymore than I like a junkie who pats himself on the back for surviving and behaves as though "The world is catching up to him." That is okay though since characters are in a drama must be flawed or we won't relate to them. However I have a problem with a few contrivances from the finale and one big one is something that Daniel did off camera that was confirmed by the show producers in a behind the scenes featurette on AMC's website and as a part of my season pass on iTunes.

How the hell could Daniel set free thousands of zombies and live to tell the tale let alone show up Walkinh and not looking at least a little winded and rough around the edges after all he has done?

Those walkers would have spilled out at such incredible speed that he would have been lucky if he was not bit immediately and certainly would have not been able to run down the steps from the arena and then casually serve as bait for the walkers to follow him silently to the gate where the soldiers were keeping watch.

The furious force of the walkers trying to get out at once would have knocked him over even if he was lucky enough to reach the steps down. Then he casually shows up and it is designed just so his character looks cool, that he somehow diverts the soldiers' attention long enough so that they do not hear, let alone catch sight of the thousands of walkers behind him. Then afterwards he somehow got into the complex despite the immediate reaction of soldiers defending the fence and then goes on his search for his wife.

I am sorry, but that is just lazy writing in my opinion. It killed (no pun intended) my suspension of disbelief at that moment. Compared to how Rick and Co escape the CDC in the first season of The Walking Dead, I had more sympathy for the soldiers than for the war criminal searching for his wife. This is not the fault of any of the actors. Ruben Blades is a multitalented performer, but they failed him with that contrivance and with the amoral implications of his characters and the message it reinforces. Good people are stupid and bad people are survivors and winners. Drama may reflect reality, but it is no more real than a news broadcast that is filtered toward the desire to keep people watching and push a common agenda, usually driven by corporate and or political interests.

I am glad he lost his wife and I hope before the series ends, his character is made to truly atone for his actions because Daniel is a sociopath in my opinion. I know I am going to get backlash for stating this, but that is how I feel. He is a pragmatic, selfish and inhumane sociopath and I hate to see that celebrated as being heroic or smart on television. The Governor seemed more sympathetic at times on The Walking Dead. So that is my bitchfest. I have already gone too far. Please be respectful and disagree with me without getting into name calling or anything. We are all fans. I am just expressing my feelings. Obviously it does not mean I am right. There is a lot more to discuss, but let's start here and go though it together with mutual respect and understanding. Thank you.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    This episode was awesome( compared to the previous 5) one must go with the flow in a fantasy world as this, by micro analyzing every scene and saying in reality this would happen is like sitting your child down and telling him that Santa isn't real because ...... ( deer don't fly, elves don't exist, he wouldn't fit in chimney etc.) let the imagination fill in the holes to make it work instead of saying why it won't.Daniel used a truck to open door and then rode a bike ahead of horde, use that if u must.
    The season had a lot of errors overall but so did the original show. Ex. Smart zombies opening doors, using tools, etc. Now let's let season 2 ramp it up and leave the rookie mistakes behind.