Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level

Does Anyone on This Show Know How To...

Does anyone on this show know how to close a frikkin' door or gate?

I was like WTF when the group drove out of the gated community/quarantine zone and just left the gate wide open especially if they (or one of them) had plans to open the stadium doors and let the Walkers out, Gee let's murder the whole community because we selfishly and stoopidly want to get two people out of lockup.

Not only that every time we see walkers coming at them they run through a door and not close it behind them, the only time a door was closed it was used as a plot device to endanger two characters, they even left the front door open when they walked into Strand's place.

Ummmm, did you just not see more Walkers than you can count? aren't you worried about a stray possibly finding it's way to you?
    Do you not worry about looters or marauders coming to take your supplies in this newly created world?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    I was thinking the same thing throughout the episode. It's common sense, do none of them have it?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    I thought that so many times in this show. Daniel just probably killed everyone in the safe zone by letting all the zombies out. Dang, people, at least learn to shut doors behind you.
    The open door at Strand's house made me think zombies were getting in, but I guess it was just Liza's way of saying she wouldn't be coming back.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Level
    The final ep did nothing to endear me to any of these characters. I hated every one of them. At least with TWD, they were decent. I mean jesus, they had electricity and food and shelter and shit and they turned into heartless pricks. What are they going to be like in a few months?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    when I think back to how Rick made it for what almost a month of having a simple shut door and a cart in front of door which could easily be slid away.........amazing he woke up and knew nothing but was quick to figure it out before the end of a day. He believed Morgan right away
    and he gathered supplies

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe people don't close doors in L.A.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetter View Post
    Maybe people don't close doors in L.A.
    Might be why their crime rate is so high. ;)

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    Like everyone else I noticed they didn't shut the tall security fence when they left in the car caravan.

It seemed like the camera shot stayed there for a while - long enough for me to think it was purposeful by the writers; like they wanted to make a specific point. Although these characters are starting to realize the shitstorm is brewing, they still aren't fully aware of how to deal with the threat. Although they know the walkers are bad they don't fully know the characteristics/capabilities of the walkers (ie: wandering for long distances, finding gaps in perimeters, etc). After all, up until then they had mostly been in their safe little haven surrounded by the military. So for all they knew they were doing a favor to their remaining neighbors, even though we know differently.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Does anyone on this show know how to close a frikkin' door or gate?
    Maybe they think walkers have the magic ability to pass through doors and gates. In their defense, if a walker was chasing me, I probably wouldn't slow down to shut any doors until I'd reached something really sturdy. Fresh walkers are a lot faster than the shambling decomposing TWD walkers. Remember back in s1 when TWD walkers could climb stairs and fences and even turn door knobs?

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTwerkingDead View Post
    Like everyone else I noticed they didn't shut the tall security fence when they left in the car caravan.

It seemed like the camera shot stayed there for a while - long enough for me to think it was purposeful by the writers; like they wanted to make a specific point. Although these characters are starting to realize the shitstorm is brewing, they still aren't fully aware of how to deal with the threat. Although they know the walkers are bad they don't fully know the characteristics/capabilities of the walkers (ie: wandering for long distances, finding gaps in perimeters, etc). After all, up until then they had mostly been in their safe little haven surrounded by the military. So for all they knew they were doing a favor to their remaining neighbors, even though we know differently.
    How in the world would anyone in their right mind think they are doing someone a favor by leaving a gate open to a already secured compound especially if the only people guarding said compound already bugged out? with friends like these.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreese's Widow View Post
    Maybe they think walkers have the magic ability to pass through doors and gates. In their defense, if a walker was chasing me, I probably wouldn't slow down to shut any doors until I'd reached something really sturdy. Fresh walkers are a lot faster than the shambling decomposing TWD walkers. Remember back in s1 when TWD walkers could climb stairs and fences and even turn door knobs?

Those were walkers written by a different set of writers, these new walkers (beyond season two) are dumb like the new writers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast