Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #41
    Status
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    @Kordas you beat me to it! I just found out we get another season of Into The Badlands! @Feelin' Groovy we can breathe easy now! Whomp! Whomp!

2. Back To Top    #42
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    That's GREAT news!!
    @Lilac Fields and @Kordas, I'm totally into this show...I'm just sorry we're down to the final 2 eps. It was the insane martial arts that pulled me in. Now it's the intense drama keeping me there!

3. Back To Top    #43
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Feelin' Groovy View Post
    That's GREAT news!!
    @Lilac Fields and @Kordas, I'm totally into this show...I'm just sorry we're down to the final 2 eps. It was the insane martial arts that pulled me in. Now it's the intense drama keeping me there!
    Same! I always loved martial arts movies Into The Badlands got my attention because of that! It's visually stunning and the storytelling is completely different and has become better.

I've grown attached to a lot of the characters and there's no one I hate or dislike! They're all complex and I'm just enjoying the ride! When the season ends I'll be sad but hopefully we get a bigger episode order for season 2!

4. Back To Top    #44
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Level
    "Badlands" S2? Woo Hoo!!! FINALLY a damn show that doesn't make me hang my head in shame cuz it portrays my beloved homeland Louisiana as a bunch of fools. Actually, it ain't too far off the mark in some ways even IRL. Louisiana always has & always will be run by "Barons" who control our natural resources. However we don't use cutlery to settle difference; why bother when we have the most liberal gun laws in the U.S. Even silencers are legal--for "hunting" purposes if you can believe that.

I love this show & everybody on it. "Badlands" is a great example of how to world build & develop characters quickly with deft strikes to suck in a loyal following. I'm in love with Daniel Wu. Who couldn't be?

Question: Is it me or does Quinn's worthless & weak son Ryder resemble a young Andrew Lincoln?

5. Back To Top    #45
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolexus View Post
    "Badlands" S2? Woo Hoo!!! FINALLY a damn show that doesn't make me hang my head in shame cuz it portrays my beloved homeland Louisiana as a bunch of fools. Actually, it ain't too far off the mark in some ways even IRL. Louisiana always has & always will be run by "Barons" who control our natural resources. However we don't use cutlery to settle difference; why bother when we have the most liberal gun laws in the U.S. Even silencers are legal--for "hunting" purposes if you can believe that.

I love this show & everybody on it. "Badlands" is a great example of how to world build & develop characters quickly with deft strikes to suck in a loyal following. I'm in love with Daniel Wu. Who couldn't be?

Question: Is it me or does Quinn's worthless & weak son Ryder resemble a young Andrew Lincoln?
    Ryder does look like someone and I couldn't put my finger on it. Yeah, I can see a young AL. Can't stand Ryder though. He's not half the man his father is.

I'm in love with Sunny myself ~ he's the only crush who makes me forget my crush on Rick, LOL!

6. Back To Top    #46
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    It's great to hear that Into The Badlands is being renewed. I've really enjoyed the season so far. The storyline is growing on me, but I still enjoy the fight sequences the most. The acting has been great also. My favorite character is The Widow and I despise Ryder.

7. Back To Top    #47
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    @Diseman81 I think Ryder's more hated than Quinn, lol! I actually don't hate Ryder yet! I want to know what happened to Ryder when he was younger. I think he got kidnapped or something then they chopped off his toes and disfigured it. I'm going to wait first before I full on hate him but he's not making it easy!

@Rolexus I'm glad your home state is getting some love! I saw the cemetery and said, " that has to be Louisiana!"

@Feelin' Groovy Daniel Wu is just yummy and he kicks ass too!

8. Back To Top    #48
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    It's great to hear that Into The Badlands is being renewed. I've really enjoyed the season so far. The storyline is growing on me, but I still enjoy the fight sequences the most. The acting has been great also. My favorite character is The Widow and I despise Ryder.
    @Diseman81, I admire The Widow and her 'daughters' myself. I love how you'll see her stiletto boots strut onto the scene and you know she means business! Also, her red hair is so striking! She's all female and as fierce and lethal as the men. Her backstory and how she got to this point, is probably intriguing.

I'm sooo glad there's another season ahead!

9. Back To Top    #49
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Level
    FYI--"The Fort" is set at Evergreen Plantation, about 40 mins NW from New Orleans on River Road on the Westbank of the Mississippi River. You probably recognize it as "Candyland" from "Django Unchained" & "Twelve Years A Slave." I always tour out-of-town friends to see the River Road Plantations. It is gorgeous. The former slave cabins where the Clippers live, the Oak-lined Road you see Sunny riding his motorcycle on, & the main house where Quinn smokes opium & plots mischief are all located there.

Check it out: http://evergreenplantation.org

It's spitting distance from where I live. Hell I may have to turn Badlands Spoiler Fairy next Season, mainly so I can get a look at the amazing Daniel Wu.

The Widow lives at Longue Vue House & Gardens in Old Metairie, about 10 mins from the Superdome. It was featured in AHS: Freakshow.

I love my state. I truly do.

10. Back To Top    #50
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Loving this show in a big way. So happy for another season. Hope The Widow makes it to S02 - stunning!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.