Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level

Dr. Exner's Fate

Anyone notice at about 32:32 into it, (when Madison asks "What do you suggest Mr. Strand?" and Strand says "Go west.") something that sounded like the
    captive bolt pistol they were using to finish off patients? The sound was just too subtle. Had to listen again. Not a very obvious way to show a character,
    however minor, kicking the bucket.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JH357 View Post
    Anyone notice at about 32:32 into it, (when Madison asks "What do you suggest Mr. Strand?" and Strand says "Go west.") something that sounded like the
    captive bolt pistol they were using to finish off patients? The sound was just too subtle. Had to listen again. Not a very obvious way to show a character,
    however minor, kicking the bucket.
    The last shot of Exner showed her taking the captive bolt pistol out of the holder, so I took that to mean she was about to commit suicide. Nice catch on the sound. I'll have to rewatch and listen for it.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    I'll have to have a listen. Good ear. Her character was untrustworthy at the start, but then you saw she had a heart and genuinely cared.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekki Dixon View Post
    I'll have to have a listen. Good ear. Her character was untrustworthy at the start, but then you saw she had a heart and genuinely cared.
    Thanks.

Yeah, the previous episode they made it out like she was just weeding out the weak rather than trying to help them. Same for the military. They may have been executing zombies and live people because they panicked. That and the writers were trying to mislead us by showing a building in the distance with gunshot flashes.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks.

Yeah, the previous episode they made it out like she was just weeding out the weak rather than trying to help them. Same for the military. They may have been executing zombies and live people because they panicked. That and the writers were trying to mislead us by showing a building in the distance with gunshot flashes.
    I defiantly heard 'something'. It could be misconstrued as just ambient noise of the pipes they were talking past. But it was too mechanical (imo) to be pipes. Yeah, I think you're right. She DID follow through and take her own life.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekki Dixon View Post
    I defiantly heard 'something'. It could be misconstrued as just ambient noise of the pipes they were talking past. But it was too mechanical (imo) to be pipes. Yeah, I think you're right. She DID follow through and take her own life.
    And this is one of my biggest problems with the show, I think we might have heard something, did she didn't she?
    How hard would have been to either just show her do it or a minimum raising the thing to her head, a distinctive sound from the hallway and the sound of a thud, then to top it off a sad look on Liza face.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    And this is one of my biggest problems with the show, I think we might have heard something, did she didn't she?
    How hard would have been to either just show her do it or a minimum raising the thing to her head, a distinctive sound from the hallway and the sound of a thud, then to top it off a sad look on Liza face.
    Maybe they have a misguided belief that it would be to cliché to go that far to show a character's death. Or maybe they were trying to cut time.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe they have a misguided belief that it would be to cliché to go that far to show a character's death. Or maybe they were trying to cut time.
    Trying to cut time so they can have more time for Maddy to stare out of a window for 30 seconds or that third scene of playing Monopoly.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Trying to cut time so they can have more time for Maddy to stare out of a window for 30 seconds or that third scene of playing Monopoly.
    LOL! Exactly. They don't have their priorities straight.