1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level

Atlanta Magazine: Josh McDermitt on Eugene (10/9/15)

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/news-...anta-hangouts/

Bits I found interesting:

Eugene is not a combat fighter, which puts him at risk. Will we see him learn to physically defend himself this season?
    I think heís going to be tested around every turn. Heíll never be a Daryl (Norman Reedus) or a Michonne (Danai Gurira). Heís always going to be struggling, but this season especially, heís going to be tested. Last season, when he stepped up and was a hero, it was it wasnít really a choice. He could have bailed, but he realized he was going to die too if he didnít do something to save Tara and Glenn. That moment was forced upon him. I think there will be moments where weíre going see whether or not he actually steps up [voluntarily].

Itís really fun to watch Eugeneís evolving relationship with Tara. He cares for her so much and vice versa. How important is that friendship for him?
    Eugene, even before he admitted the truth [about himself], felt like an outsider. And after the truth came out, he really felt like an outsider. Thereís elements of that with Tara, too, because of her part in the attack on the prison [in season 4]. Even though she didnít know what was going on, sheís always kind of felt like she didnít belong in this group. I think thatís something they bond over. Even though they kind of get on each others nerves at times, itís very much like a brother/sister relationship, and sheís certainly helped him by encouraging him to step up. If she hadnít been prodding him and pushing him all that time leading up to the moment he saved her, he probably wouldnít have [done it]. He had the confidence [because of] her, and I think that is what heís desperately searching for.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Spoiler Spoiler: