Thread: Wii U

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level

Wii U

We're finally upgrading and getting the kids a wii u for Christmas (ok...so I want mario maker). Does it have virtual console? What about all the virtual console games we got for the wii. Can we transfer them? I can't remember if wii uses an account.
    Lastly, how do controllers work? Do you have to only use that screen thing?
    Thanks for any help!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymkr10297 View Post
    We're finally upgrading and getting the kids a wii u for Christmas (ok...so I want mario maker). Does it have virtual console? What about all the virtual console games we got for the wii. Can we transfer them? I can't remember if wii uses an account.
    Lastly, how do controllers work? Do you have to only use that screen thing?
    Thanks for any help!!
    1. The Wii U does have virtual console, but it's separate from the Wii's virtual console.

2. Yes, you can transfer the virtual console games from your Wii to your Wii U (you just need to make sure you have an SD card that's compatible). Also, you can access the Wii menu through the Wii U's menu so that way, you can access your Wii's virtual console games as well as the regular games.

3. As for controllers, it really depends on the game. There are some games where you don't need to have the TV on to play the game. You can just look at the gamepad (like Mario Maker, Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Smash Bros, etc.) Some games require you to use both the TV and the gamepad (like Splatoon).

As for the controllers, there are some games where you can still use the Wii Remote and nunchuck. It really depends on the game. As for regular Wii games, the gamepad isn't used to play them, but you have the option to keep it on when you go to the Wii menu (which makes the gamepad kind of like a mini-TV in a way).

The only downside to the Wii U is that it's unable to play Gamecube games, which is kind of a bummer, but thankfully, your old Wii can be used for that.

Hope this helps. And if you need anything else, let me know.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    Thank you so much! I should have thought to just directly ask you! we never really had many GameCube games, so I'm not worried about that. My main concern was transferring all those classics without having to pay for them again.
    Thanks again!!!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymkr10297 View Post
    Thank you so much! I should have thought to just directly ask you! we never really had many GameCube games, so I'm not worried about that. My main concern was transferring all those classics without having to pay for them again.
    Thanks again!!!
    Of course!!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    I was just coming here to post about the Wii U.

I'm thinking about buying one for my kids for Christmas. We have a Wii already that they don't really play (my older son is just starting to get the hang of it).

Is it worth the investment? What's the best games for it? And is there a timetable for the new console's release? Don't think I've heard much about it lately.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    I was just coming here to post about the Wii U.

I'm thinking about buying one for my kids for Christmas. We have a Wii already that they don't really play (my older son is just starting to get the hang of it).

Is it worth the investment? What's the best games for it? And is there a timetable for the new console's release? Don't think I've heard much about it lately.
    Do it. Get them Smash Bros and/or Mario Kart 8. Those seem to be the best games for Wii U. If they are young children then maybe a game like Splatoon or Super Mario 3D World will be good. There are rumors that the new Nintendo console will be released in the fall of 2016 but Nintendo has been very quiet about it.

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.