Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 211 to 217 of 217
  1. Back To Top    #211
    Status
    Offline
    Banned User vaberella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    375
    Threads
    15
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Points
    317
    Level
    12
    That should have said more reluctant to stay close to Rick, not get closer to him.

  2. Back To Top    #212
    Status
    Offline
    Banned User walkinggirl26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    at Rick and Michonne's
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,914
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Points
    1,326
    Level
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by vaberella View Post
    That should have said more reluctant to stay close to Rick, not get closer to him.
    I know that's right. Yeah, Rick is fine as wine and slick as milk, but the man is riding the crazy train right now, he's dangerous and can flip the switch on you in a heartbeat. I mean, she really doesn't know who she's screwing with or rather wants to be screwing with, lol! Nobody messes with the Grimes kids or Rick's family and live to tell the tale. Just ask Shane, Tomas, the dudes in the bar, the Guvnah and his men, Bob the policeman, Joe and his bunch, the Termites -- oh, wait, you can't because they're all dead


  3. Back To Top    #213
    Status
    Offline
    Problem Child raramama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    The Land of Stuff-n-Thangs
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    101
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Points
    2,513
    Level
    8
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this...Forgive if it's not...

    Can someone tell me WHO pushed for this Jessie storyline on the show? I know it's in the comics, of course. Was their some behind the scene shenanigans though? Like Gimple was determined to use the storyline but someone didn't and thus we are stuck with what I consider this, this... mess?

    I ask because this whole deal has been offensive in many ways. Whether you are a Jessie fan or not, the writing did not do her many favors. I really tried to view these episodes objectively. Yes, I love Rick, yes I love Michonne, yes I want them together. However, I'm a reasonable fangirl, I give characters a chance and then make my own conclusions. I'm also a writer and understand sometimes you have a story to tell and the audience needs to let you get it out etc...

    This storyline and the characters has been treated so Half-assed that it's mindblowing. The treatment of an abused wife storyline was not handled well. This could have been a powerful use of valuable screentime - Carol's role could have been greater, Daryl even could have been there for the kids with his background. I don't understand the choices they went with. I called it a lifetime movie but that is offensive to Lifetime Movies. Because they at least are good at what they do, ya know? From a storytelling perspective, I get the sense they just wanted to barrell through this storyline and they cut-corners in the process. In the long run it cheaped Rick as a character, which in turn cheapens any chance Jessie could have in being likable to some people, and it cheapened the show temporarily. The moment Rick entered those ASZ Gates, Rod Serling should be giving a monologue about what seems like a normal day int he life of one Mr. Rick Grimes, but it is anything but that in The Twilight Zone. dundundun...*cue music*

  4. Back To Top    #214
    Status
    Offline
    Banned User walkinggirl26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    at Rick and Michonne's
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,914
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Points
    1,326
    Level
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by raramama View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this...Forgive if it's not...

    Can someone tell me WHO pushed for this Jessie storyline on the show? I know it's in the comics, of course. Was their some behind the scene shenanigans though? Like Gimple was determined to use the storyline but someone didn't and thus we are stuck with what I consider this, this... mess?

    I ask because this whole deal has been offensive in many ways. Whether you are a Jessie fan or not, the writing did not do her many favors. I really tried to view these episodes objectively. Yes, I love Rick, yes I love Michonne, yes I want them together. However, I'm a reasonable fangirl, I give characters a chance and then make my own conclusions. I'm also a writer and understand sometimes you have a story to tell and the audience needs to let you get it out etc...

    This storyline and the characters has been treated so Half-assed that it's mindblowing. The treatment of an abused wife storyline was not handled well. This could have been a powerful use of valuable screentime - Carol's role could have been greater, Daryl even could have been there for the kids with his background. I don't understand the choices they went with. I called it a lifetime movie but that is offensive to Lifetime Movies. Because they at least are good at what they do, ya know? From a storytelling perspective, I get the sense they just wanted to barrell through this storyline and they cut-corners in the process. In the long run it cheaped Rick as a character, which in turn cheapens any chance Jessie could have in being likable to some people, and it cheapened the show temporarily. The moment Rick entered those ASZ Gates, Rod Serling should be giving a monologue about what seems like a normal day int he life of one Mr. Rick Grimes, but it is anything but that in The Twilight Zone. dundundun...*cue music*
    I don't know who thought this was a great idea. If they just had to do it because they seem to have a hard-on for the GN, even though it still wasn't the ideal, but most would have understood that version better and I think it would have gone over better than the remix we got. I still go back and forth on whether they did the on purpose, they just didn't care and just threw it up against the wall to see what would stick, AB didn't deliver on the storyline acting wise, or it was a combination of all of the above. I mean, for her to be a DA victim and there is zero sympathy, nada, zilch, bupkis for her at this point is really mind boggling when you think about it. You have most people actively cheering and anticipating her and her kids being chopped and/or eaten. She'll soon be forgotten, but she'll join the ranks of Lori and Andrea as most hated TWD women. Heck, at this point, I think she surpasses either of them because she'll have the added title of worst TWD mom.

    But the most mind boggling thing to me is that they would want their leading actor, the hero of the series, the protagonist, the guy who we know is a good guy at heart, always tries to do the right thing by his family, that they just literally drug his character through the mud, and for what? A storyline that they could have easily skipped or did a whole lot better to get to the same end. I know that they'll redeem Rick, but, my Lord, what a mess they've made of him. Maybe that was the point. I really don't know. I'm quite sure that there are some fans who will never forgive him or will at least side-eye him for quite a while even after this whole thing is over with.


  5. Back To Top    #215
    Status
    Offline
    Problem Child raramama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    The Land of Stuff-n-Thangs
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    101
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Points
    2,513
    Level
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by walkinggirl26 View Post
    I don't know who thought this was a great idea. If they just had to do it because they seem to have a hard-on for the GN, even though it still wasn't the ideal, but most would have understood that version better and I think it would have gone over better than the remix we got. I still go back and forth on whether they did the on purpose, they just didn't care and just threw it up against the wall to see what would stick, AB didn't deliver on the storyline acting wise, or it was a combination of all of the above. I mean, for her to be a DA victim and there is zero sympathy, nada, zilch, bupkis for her at this point is really mind boggling when you think about it. You have most people actively cheering and anticipating her and her kids being chopped and/or eaten. She'll soon be forgotten, but she'll join the ranks of Lori and Andrea as most hated TWD women. Heck, at this point, I think she surpasses either of them because she'll have the added title of worst TWD mom.

    But the most mind boggling thing to me is that they would want their leading actor, the hero of the series, the protagonist, the guy who we know is a good guy at heart, always tries to do the right thing by his family, that they just literally drug his character through the mud, and for what? A storyline that they could have easily skipped or did a whole lot better to get to the same end. I know that they'll redeem Rick, but, my Lord, what a mess they've made of him. Maybe that was the point. I really don't know. I'm quite sure that there are some fans who will never forgive him or will at least side-eye him for quite a while even after this whole thing is over with.

    http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...Rolls-Eyes.gif
    I gave her a chance. To my surprise I didn't hate her at all. She was somewhat likable at first. Then her asking Rick if he would do that (help) anyone else. That was such a turn-off and inappropriate. Then the scene where she asks Ron to sit down for a haircut. Looking I'm a parent and an active aunt - kids can be tough, especially when they hit the pre-teen/teen years. You have to be a parent and put your feelings aside. In Ron's eyes his Dad was just gun-down and noone has shown him any sympathy. His mom should be showing some grief or loss. The relationship between abused kids and their parent who abuses them is very complicated. He still loved his Dad and needs his mom to be there for him. Instead, she defends Rick - her friend. I felt awful for that poor kid.

    TV is a visual medium - they should have shown that she was an abuse victim and have her ya know act like one. I know women who were or are in abusive relationships. There are telltale signs that people miss. But they do see them in hindsight. So I blame the writing on that. Jessie could have been anxious at the party checking on Pete, seeing if he's watching...They could have covering up bruises...Something but they didn't - they TOLD us - that's not effective for a TV viewer.

    I don't mind AB too much. It felt like they didn't her correct direction or guidance. (On a shallow note I had a girl crush on her on AHS - with the red hair lol.)

  6. Back To Top    #216
    Status
    Offline
    Banned User walkinggirl26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    at Rick and Michonne's
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,914
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Points
    1,326
    Level
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by raramama View Post
    I gave her a chance. To my surprise I didn't hate her at all. She was somewhat likable at first. Then her asking Rick if he would do that (help) anyone else. That was such a turn-off and inappropriate. Then the scene where she asks Ron to sit down for a haircut. Looking I'm a parent and an active aunt - kids can be tough, especially when they hit the pre-teen/teen years. You have to be a parent and put your feelings aside. In Ron's eyes his Dad was just gun-down and noone has shown him any sympathy. His mom should be showing some grief or loss. The relationship between abused kids and their parent who abuses them is very complicated. He still loved his Dad and needs his mom to be there for him. Instead, she defends Rick - her friend. I felt awful for that poor kid.

    TV is a visual medium - they should have shown that she was an abuse victim and have her ya know act like one. I know women who were or are in abusive relationships. There are telltale signs that people miss. But they do see them in hindsight. So I blame the writing on that. Jessie could have been anxious at the party checking on Pete, seeing if he's watching...They could have covering up bruises...Something but they didn't - they TOLD us - that's not effective for a TV viewer.

    I don't mind AB too much. It felt like they didn't her correct direction or guidance. (On a shallow note I had a girl crush on her on AHS - with the red hair lol.)
    I wasn't sure what to expect from AB because even though I had watched AHS, I missed the season she was the maid, but someone said she was in Coven, which was the following season, and I didn't remember her at all. So I didn't know anything about her before she appeared, so I had no opinion one way or the other. But I had read the GN, and I knew what was quote, unquote supposed to happen and what it would mean for Rick's character and Carl. But from the beginning, her character just rubbed me the wrong way. That whole her coming to a strange man's door alone and then offering to give him a haircut while he's half dressed, the owls, the stupid speeches, the dry eye crying, but the kicker of all was the would you do this for anyone else? scene. And then we find out that she's an abuse victim and in 6a that Ron was abused as well. Say what? It was just totally unrealistic with what we were seeing on our screens. I was just done, and it only got worse from there in 6a with putting a man before her kids' needs and then her whining and callous comments on Twitter and her fans that wanted her to be more than what she was and drug other characters to try to make it so and the ones that made outright racist comments about DG just sealed the deal for me.

    All this drama over a redshirt that was always meant to be a redshirt. SMH. The whole thing was just very odd to me as to whether they directed her to act in that way or that was her interpretation of the character and they just let it go not really caring how it came across to the GA. All I know is that whole storyline opened up a whole other can of worms and has caused bad blood in the fandom that could have totally been avoided.

  7. Back To Top    #217
    Status
    Offline
    Problem Child raramama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    The Land of Stuff-n-Thangs
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    101
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Points
    2,513
    Level
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by walkinggirl26 View Post
    I wasn't sure what to expect from AB because even though I had watched AHS, I missed the season she was the maid, but someone said she was in Coven, which was the following season, and I didn't remember her at all. So I didn't know anything about her before she appeared, so I had no opinion one way or the other. But I had read the GN, and I knew what was quote, unquote supposed to happen and what it would mean for Rick's character and Carl. But from the beginning, her character just rubbed me the wrong way. That whole her coming to a strange man's door alone and then offering to give him a haircut while he's half dressed, the owls, the stupid speeches, the dry eye crying, but the kicker of all was the would you do this for anyone else? scene. And then we find out that she's an abuse victim and in 6a that Ron was abused as well. Say what? It was just totally unrealistic with what we were seeing on our screens. I was just done, and it only got worse from there in 6a with putting a man before her kids' needs and then her whining and callous comments on Twitter and her fans that wanted her to be more than what she was and drug other characters to try to make it so and the ones that made outright racist comments about DG just sealed the deal for me.

    All this drama over a redshirt that was always meant to be a redshirt. SMH. The whole thing was just very odd to me as to whether they directed her to act in that way or that was her interpretation of the character and they just let it go not really caring how it came across to the GA. All I know is that whole storyline opened up a whole other can of worms and has caused bad blood in the fandom that could have totally been avoided.
    I have not see those comments and AB instigating the situation. Wow. I did hear she that she did or said some unfortunate things toward the fandom. When people go for actors with racist comments it shows how ignorant and desperate they are. I'm not winning any other way, let me put "them" in their place. That's being L-O-W. DG does not deserve that treatment.

    Seems like all around fuckery with this whole situation.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Related Topics

  1. Jessie Anderson Confession Thread
    By CarolsCookies in forum Jessie Appreciation
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: April 20th, 2016, 05:55 PM
  2. Jessie Anderson---Alexandra Breckenridge: Fan Art/Gifs/Music
    By stormycat in forum Jessie Appreciation
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: February 7th, 2016, 11:35 PM
  3. Rick and Jessie debate *comic spoilers*
    By Ívarr inn Beinlausi in forum Death Do Us Part
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: November 17th, 2015, 06:02 PM
  4. Jessie Anderson Debate
    By PennyLane71 in forum Jessie
    Replies: 1000
    Last Post: October 13th, 2015, 03:48 AM
  5. Karen = Jessie Anderson?
    By Greenpaw in forum Table Scraps
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: April 28th, 2013, 11:10 PM

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.