Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #161
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Grimes View Post
    No one is talking about Jessick in here, though this thread did get derailed. However, since Jessie is such a shallow character, it's really hard to discuss her character without bringing up Rick given she has barely had any scenes with any other characters at all (one scene with Ron, a couple brief scenes with Sam, and her killing the Wolf; otherwise she's in Rick's orbit).
    Go back one page, Ctrl F jessick, have fun. Before you do that though can you please point me in the direction of the Jessie debate thread? I'm lost.

2. Back To Top    #162
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Level
    Jessie has been a useless and pointless character that will be dead come MSF

3. Back To Top    #163
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadvine View Post
    Go back one page, Ctrl F jessick, have fun. Before you do that though can you please point me in the direction of the Jessie debate thread? I'm lost.
    Yeah but the discussion wasn't about Jessick; there was a whole lot of discussion about hate mongering in general, Danai's appearance, and other shit. There's a reason a warning was thrown into this thread. If you really want to debate the sterling qualities of Jessie, throw a topic out there to get this back on track.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wino View Post
    Jessie has been a useless and pointless character that will be dead come MSF
    She honestly is. The only purpose she appears to be fulfilling is another body to drop during the herd and a way by which Rick can resolve his hang-ups re: Lori's death.

4. Back To Top    #164
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Grimes View Post
    Yeah but the discussion wasn't about Jessick; there was a whole lot of discussion about hate mongering in general, Danai's appearance, and other shit. There's a reason a warning was thrown into this thread. If you really want to debate the sterling qualities of Jessie, throw a topic out there to get this back on track.

- - - Updated - - -

She honestly is. The only purpose she appears to be fulfilling is another body to drop during the herd and a way by which Rick can resolve his hang-ups re: Lori's death.
    Clearly you have not been reading the same thread that I have. And you should know me well enough to know I don't have the energy to get involved in a deep discussion about a character that isn't named Tara. No, I was just expecting to see a debate about the character in the character's debate thread. Was hoping to hear opinions about the character that don't have something to do with the ship or the people who ship it. Boy was I naive, huh?

5. Back To Top    #165
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by We Don't Die View Post
    If that is what makes you sleep at night. But I wouldn't be surprise if you hit your petty/salty threads again.

Jessie's speech did have a good effect on Denise though. It inspired her to keep looking for the solution (or her patient dies). So she did! I got the impression that she kissed Tara because she realized that she liked Tara and needed to take the opportunity before it goes away. Remember, she saw that Betsy had killed herself because her husband died (plus she didn't get the note that Michonne was suppose to give to her). She realized that things like love shouldn't be put off in these times.

I felt Jessie's speech was more about her explaining to her group why she was doing what she was doing. The community has to start pulling their weight and instead they were panicked. I think Denise saw value in what Jessie was doing and thought back to Tara motivating her to save patients. Denise was never going to stop trying to save Scott whether she heard Jessie's speech or not.

6. Back To Top    #166
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Nope, I don't make any distinctions between black people. Just between who is pretty and who is not. You were saying that I didn't want Rick with a black woman and I said that it didn't matter if she was black as long as she was pretty. In my eyes, I don't think Michonne is pretty and can be mannish in appearance and actions. You just don't want me to say anything bad about Manchonne.

Wow
    Shipping is fun indeed
    Superficial basic "pretty" can only be with Royal highness Rick Grime's Dick
    Calling Michonne Manchonne and manly because she's strong, fit and more providing towards the group than the
    Oh so pretty Jessie?
    Hmm
    (You I guess were/are a Carol fan and I hope you know how people called Carol an old hag and ugly just because she has grey hair
    And not fit to be with Daryl or any man because she's too old and the other girl is oh so pretty and should be with him because she's so young)
    It's the same just different people
    Societal rules and standards have always decided who's beautiful and ugly by conditioning everyone to think their way
    But calling someone who is actually a real person ugly and manly isn't giving any light on Jessie surviving
    Neither is it giving any more hope of her being Queen of this apocalypse

Completely on topic:
    Jessie is one character I can't feel any emotion or connection for
    I'm all shades of Meh towards the character
    And I thought I kinda connected with her in season 6 episode 1
    But she just didn't do it for me
    Dies lives doesn't matter
    She isn't providing anything to the story except some sloppy moments
    Don't care won't care

7. Back To Top    #167
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    I started writing a fairly long text about what I like and dislike about Jessie's character. I saved it and wanted to see what others were saying.

Fuck.

That.

I'm outta here lol

8. Back To Top    #168
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Level
    A lot of butt-hurt going on here over a character that is supposedly forgettable. :o)

9. Back To Top    #169
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    A lot of butt-hurt going on here over a character that is supposedly forgettable. :o)
    Calling a character (and actress in turn) derogatory names that has nearly nothing to do with Jessie and not providing any legit material to debate on the character Jessie
    In Jessie debate thread!!
    You got that backwards somehow sweetie

10. Back To Top    #170
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomis210 View Post
    I started writing a fairly long text about what I like and dislike about Jessie's character. I saved it and wanted to see what others were saying.

Fuck.

That.

I'm outta here lol
    I should have just left too, but oh well!

I have a feeling I could have liked Jessie if I had never been a part of this forum and seen how horrendous and narrow-minded some of her fans are. @We Don't Die, you are vile for the above quoted (in @Manasicaroltwd comment).

That is the only somewhat good thing I can say about her, I could have liked her, but she has proven to be nothing but a waste of screen time and a vessel for racism for some. I accept that not all Jessie fans are racist, but for those who are, I truly hope how ugly you are on the inside is reflected on the outside in one way or another.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast