Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level

Season 6, Episode 4 Review: 'Here's Not Here' (Forbes 1/11/15)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...sode-4-review/
    Season 6, Episode 4 Review: 'Here's Not Here'
    November 1, 2015

In any case, Eastman convinces Morgan of his mantra: “I have come to believe that all life is precious.” And this is exactly what Morgan the crazed killer needs to hear at the time. The problem is that Eastman is operating under the assumption that he can fend for himself without killing, and maybe he can. Maybe in his context he can survive without ever having to kill another human being again. But Morgan in the present timeline, where he’s recounting all of this to the crazy Wolf he has tied up, hasn’t really asked all the right questions.

For instance, is it possible to believe that all life is precious and still come to the conclusion that in this instance, without a proper prison where you can lock up a psychopathic murderer who’s threatening to murder you and everyone else he can find, including the children, that maybe there’s a greater good to consider? Is there a time when killing one evil man saves the lives of many other innocent people? Is it so hard to just slip Carol the key and tell her to do the dirty work?

Morgan’s transformation is compelling. We see him turn into a man of peace who can still kick ass and take names. We see that peace reflected throughout him and it’s at once admirable and a far better alternative to Morgan’s former self. And we understand why he feels so torn about this man. After all, Morgan once tried to kill Eastman when he was offered his own freedom. But Morgan changed…so why can’t the Wolf?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Slip Carol the key and let her do the dirty work? Here's a novel idea, put down your stick and handle your own shit. Your philosophy is a failure and you a coward and a hypocrite if you let someone else handle the problem in the very manner you think is wrong.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Some people can't be saved. They are set in their ways. This Wolf is exactly like the killer that Eastman put down. You can't save everyone.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Is it so hard to just slip Carol the key and tell her to do the dirty work?
    Just came here for this

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The difference is, after spending time with Eastman, Morgan was willing to listen. The Wolf punk heard it all and still said he was going to kill everyone.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    Slip Carol the key and let her do the dirty work? Here's a novel idea, put down your stick and handle your own shit. Your philosophy is a failure and you a coward and a hypocrite if you let someone else handle the problem in the very manner you think is wrong.
    I don't get the Morgan hatred. The reviewer said it, not Morgan. :)

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gia Dixon View Post
    I don't get the Morgan hatred. The reviewer said it, not Morgan. :)
    I know that, but the implication is that Carol needs to clean up Morgan's mess. What I should have said is for the writer to tell Morgan to put down the stick. The second part of my quote is certainly motivated by Morgan, but meant for anyone who espouses this type of ideology but let's someone else do the dirty work.

I don't hate Morgan, but I have no admiration for him at this point. I think he is living in an artificial bubble created by Eastman which is only better than his Clear self in that he isn't killing everything in his path. His personal judgement and thought process is way off either way. You can bet though, that if Carol has to fix the problem he started by keeping that Wolf, I will have stronger feelings on this issue.