1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Level

Did Eastman Really Buy into His Own "crap"???

After giving this episode some additional thought, I don't think I really buy Eastman supposedly being at peace with this "all life is precious" mantra. He was quick to call Morgan's "clear" mentality crap, but what was so admirable about his? It seems as if he was desperately clinging to it, like if he kept telling himself that then he will eventually believe it. Perhaps he is trying to atone for his own sins of locking up and starving his family's murder. Plus this was a man who was clearly ready to die, he was simply over it all, but perhaps didn't have the courage and/or the will to end his own life. His philosophy is severely flawed and I think we are beginning to see the cracks in Morgan as well. It's funny, many of us thought that Morgan would be the one to bring some balance to Rick and perhaps he still will but Morgan is in need of finding some middleground as well.

Also, watching this episode has made it apparent that Morgan has been spewing Eastman's philosophy literally word for word "all life is precious", "everything gets a return", etc. I am little concerned that Morgan has went from one extreme to another. It's like he joined a cult, and now that he is dealing with some real shit, he is beginning to see that what he has been taught, simply doesn't have any practical value. Morgan's decisions so far has continue to set off a chain of events that has only endangered the lives of other people.

- - - Updated - - -

PLEASE DISREGARD. THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD ALREADY DEDICATED TO THIS TOPIC: http://spoilthedead.com/forum/showthread.php/21365-Eastman-Your-Thoughts

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    He went to hell and then came back,
    so he gained some insight that allowed him
    to 'save' Morgan from himself.