1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    The Succubus aka "The Beast" Empress's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by balladsinthebluegrass View Post
    I'd give my eyeteeth to see some hot guy flirting heavily with Michonne in this episode. How is it possible that NO ONE has noticed how freaking gorgeous and sexy she is? Why is it all about Rick getting with someone?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I forgot. It's because she's too freaking busy taking care of the family and everyone else to bother with getting some lovin'. It would be nice if SOMEONE else was like that, too.
    Isn't that always how it goes though? Since this is TeamPetty, I'm gonna say it. "Strong black woman don't need no man." She gets no attention like that, and I was fine if it meant Richonne because Rick is the best man for her, but why does he get the goods while she sits around with nothing? Not to pit women against each other, but she has one of the best bodies and prettiest faces out of everyone on that dusty show, and still no one even gives her a look? But TF continues to be sidelined so redshirt barbie can take center stage? I'm getting serious Sleepy Hollow vibes with this, and if it goes down the way it seems, Michonne is back in ASZ checking on RICK'S KIDS while he's kissing on flatbread down the way, so that makes her the 'black mammy' too. I'm just not here for it, and I'm trying not to show my ass until I actually see the episode and get some context, but it's really not looking good. Nobody cares about orange zest and her sorry excuse for an arc. Get your kids and get your life girl, and same to Rick. Tired of both of them at this point.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by deadaddict View Post
    What I am confused about is why they chose to not put Michonne with Morgan in this time period?

Not that I cared to see it, but still...
    Morgan? or any other eligible bachelor, hell even Spencer would do for now.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Banned User balladsinthebluegrass's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Empress View Post
    Isn't that always how it goes though? Since this is TeamPetty, I'm gonna say it. "Strong black woman don't need no man." She gets no attention like that, and I was fine if it meant Richonne because Rick is the best man for her, but why does he get the goods while she sits around with nothing? Not to pit women against each other, but she has one of the best bodies and prettiest faces out of everyone on that dusty show, and still no one even gives her a look? But TF continues to be sidelined so redshirt barbie can take center stage? I'm getting serious Sleepy Hollow vibes with this, and if it goes down the way it seems, Michonne is back in ASZ checking on RICK'S KIDS while he's kissing on flatbread down the way, so that makes her the 'black mammy' too. I'm just not here for it, and I'm trying not to show my ass until I actually see the episode and get some context, but it's really not looking good. Nobody cares about orange zest and her sorry excuse for an arc. Get your kids and get your life girl, and same to Rick. Tired of both of them at this point.

Seriously, Rick would prefer a frumpy housewife in mom jeans? Over Michonne, who has a better body than Jillian Michaels?

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree @rlsatk keeping Michonne "pure" is utter bullshit and keeping her a "nun" is racist.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by balladsinthebluegrass View Post
    Seriously, Rick would prefer a frumpy housewife in mom jeans? Over Michonne, who has a better body than Jillian Michaels?
    That. And a megawatt smile. It's odd to see posters and banners with her scowling and looking evil, like she's constantly walking around with a foul attitude. That's ancient history. I'm used to a kinder, gentler Michonne who has empathy for those around her.

I agree @rlsatk keeping Michonne "pure" is utter bullshit and keeping her a "nun" is racist.
    I've always thought SG and RK were overcompensating for her hyper-sexual persona in the comics. So the pendulum swung too far in the opposite direction.

But the real reason for my return to the petty thread is to say how funny it will be to see AB on Talking Dead. Will she whine? Will she cry a river? Will she try to claim that she was the love of Rick's ASZ existence? Can you imagine if they paired her up with YNB, although that's not likely since girlfriend was recently a guest, but still. Can you imagine the side eyeing going on, lol !!

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Level
    Agreed! It's disgusting and utter BS but that's exactly what they've done. I do love TV!Michonne and that they're setting her up to be Rick's SO in 6b, it's what I want but the hypocrisy and double standards here is just despicable.

Jessick is horribly written toxic trash and I'm glad they've kept Michonne as far from it as possible.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    I was super salty when I first heard about it, but I'm gonna wait and see how it goes down. It will probably be just as horrible as I'm imagining, but, hey, who knows.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Level
    It would be different if they gave Michonne a fling with someone else prior, like Andrea.
    It would be different if Michonne were white, like Andrea.
    That being said, I will wait and see what role Michonne will play in this.

I will not accept her just waiting by the sidelines.

Right now I'm zen, only because I have no problem completely dropping this show if they continue messing up.

@Feelin' Groovy it wouldn't surprise me if AB talked about her "bullying" experience....I don't think she will cry though, but we'll see...LOL....Sunday will be a damn train wreck.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Banned User balladsinthebluegrass's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Dear Jessie: You know he doesn't really care about you, right? How could he? He doesn't even know you. You're a pretty face, and he hasn't gotten laid in far too long. It's all about sex, girl. Use your head. I bet if he slept with you, he'd get tired of you and drop your ass. Nothing real and meaningful develops that quickly. Now, if it's all about sex for you, too, I could understand. Hell, I'd jump on that and quick, myself. But a romance, it ain't.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Empress View Post
    I get what your saying though I cant get onboard with the mammy title mainly becausr I honestly think Michonne would naturally be inclined to being motherly. Its her natural instinct and she actually loves and had a stronger bond with Carl. But I hear where youre coning from regarding the man, yes and the white man at that, though I still in some ways sew it gender biased that he can fall into lust and yet still get the prize at the end of the rainbow. Thats the downside of fanboy storytelling. Women are sluts, badasses, or virgins; men can do whatever the hell they want.

Like seriously Gimple! I need a consolation prize dammit if youre actually go this disgusting horrible route with Rick then at least make Jesus bi or straight! ( Not going to lie. totally crack ship these two) Lol I want Paul Monroe to look Michonne up and down, I want her to bend over in front of them, I want them to have asides where she is laughing and giggling, I want him to be so " I NEED to hit that" with his eyeballs so much that the word ambiguous would officially he a retired word in TWD universe. And I want Rick to watch it all, I wany his face to start twitching. I want him to EARN it! EARN HER.

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast