Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level

Shipping as a whole.... (Hate thread but if you want to defend yourself come on in)

It's no question that shipping is one of the causes of tension, anger, and drama. I understand that it can be fun to create a fantasy of a love that'll never happen but why can't things just BE, you know? No ambiguity just full on canon. Not what you THINK you see, not through INTERVIEWS or bits and pieces of straws to grasp at but through full-on actual romance like Glenn and Maggie. Or ACTUAL scenes that MEANS there's a romance to bud....Like Bob and Sasha, with the kiss? The writers were obviously alluding to a budding romance with that kiss. I mean, fuck it was a damn kiss. It means the writers are really wanting to start something between them.

I can understand shipping to an extent and being fun with it, but attacking other people and making it your life, IDK it just seems a bit sad. This goes for everyone and not just a certain ship.

Why do you ship?
    Why do you attack others who don't like your ship?

Now not every shipper is a rageful person and defends their character based on other things but....Seriously guys? I don't get it, lol. Please help me to understand and be honest about why you ship.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm over making every damn thread in the forum into some kind of battleground for a ship skirmish. The general Walking Dead fan doesn't give a damn and it makes shippers look stupid and delusional. I am a shipper but when you turn a rumored death spoiler thread for a beloved character into a tug of war over an old wrinkled redneck's golden peen between the "angelic" snatch and the queen of the apocalypse, enough is enough! This hiatus is going to give people ulcers.

The fandom had it's issues, hell, I've been on this site a long time (I lurked long before registering) and I have never seen such asshattery. Hell, my solution is to kill Daryl so no one gets to bask in the glory of his stunted manhood. It's for the greater good...

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    I ship because it can be fun when not taken too seriously. Ship wars and character bashing turn things ugly, and frankly make it pretty lame. Personally, it's not some of the things that characters do that makes me leave ships, it's the way some of the people act. If everyone was just respectful, it would be a lot less annoying. Alas, that will never happen.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm a non-shipper....but these shipping wars have made me hate a certain annoying young female character. JUST FROM THE WARS ALONE...my hatred for her has been created.

Edited to say: If people weren't so darned in-your-face with their ship, I would have cared less about this character like the way that I used to. But its the antics of her followers that have made me not like her anymore.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't mind shipping I like all the ships romantic / friendship except the P - ship one.

But The whole shipping crap over Daryl's old saggy balls is just beyond stupid now.

If fans just stayed in their threads and kept their shipping comments there things would be less toxic.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Level
    (agreed with Mutha and Day Dreamer!)

I ship for fun. I ship a whole lot of things, but I can have a discussion about any character without bringing my shipping issues into it.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Level
    I like shipping and it should be fun. If people stopped pushing their ship into other people's faces creating multiple threads about it and making posts about it on unrelated threads it would be okay cause the rest of the people on the forum wouldn't be bothered by our shipping and I think is for the best. The nonshippers would have to just stay out of the "Relationship" part lol

Also I just think everyone needs to stop hating on RL people and RL friendships people over a ship.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Level
    I ship, therefore I am.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Codas, codas everywhere HonkyTonkWoman's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Level
    I think shipping is fun and I am willing to ship them all except for ones that I consider inappropriate.
    I do think shipping exists in a parallel universe from the show though. Some ideas belong in fanfic and the majority of ships will never be canon and that is fine.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    I ship Caryl..I do it because I think they're adorable together <3. I don't care if people have different opinions. But when they attack me I'm gonna fight back...obviously. Who wouldn't? xD

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast