Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Level
    I honestly don't know how to feel at the moment. The time for Jessie to exit stage left has arrived, but there is no one to gloat to. What happened to "Our Ship is Actually Cannon!" or the "Celebration of Jessick and Rick's love for Jessie!"????? This last episode demonstrates why Jessie/Jessick has been so horribly written. The writers are just going to leave everything up in the air after that kiss. That's so ridiculous. Oh well, she's dead. Amen. Hopefully we will get some better writing in 6b.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    building traps to catch walkers for McLeod's latest battle royale
    Threads
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Level
    Great OP @Empress and very fitting send-off to this travesty of a ship! Farewell Citrus Queen and the ship birthed out of a dark dank garage.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Level

Rick's been preparing for this moment for almost two years....

Jessie you won't even know what hit you....well, you actually might now that I think of it....

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Alexandria, helping Rick sharpen his axe blade
    Threads
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    I'm just double checking here because I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing, and I know there was some confusion about whether AB was spotted on set for filming of ep 609. But we ARE getting the chop-chop on Sunday, right?

If I have to wait until February for it I'm going to lose my shit.
    @John Dixon you and me both. We were speculating early this week in the Richonne thread about this And my quote was:

"Nomis I will burn down the internet if they allow confirmation of Jessie death to be ambiguous after 608 and stretch it out. I can not take my holidays and new year ruined by delusional idiots speculating the ways Jessie can still be alive throughout the interwebs. Two more months of that shit is too much."

We were eventually talked of the ledge because for everything else in the MSF spoiler to happen Jessie needs the chop first. But if this goes down I expect you to be my partner in crime and we rip shit up. I am trying to think of the appropriate dynamic duo reference.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyale View Post
    I honestly don't know how to feel at the moment. The time for Jessie to exit stage left has arrived, but there is no one to gloat to. What happened to "Our Ship is Actually Cannon!" or the "Celebration of Jessick and Rick's love for Jessie!"????? This last episode demonstrates why Jessie/Jessick has been so horribly written. The writers are just going to leave everything up in the air after that kiss. That's so ridiculous. Oh well, she's dead. Amen. Hopefully we will get some better writing in 6b.
    It just shows there was no purpose to that kiss. Rick didn't even mention it or Jessie, and he was ready to leave her and the rest of the ASZ people behind. So much for this big love story and her being Rick's new Andrea.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level
    I was thinking about Jessick and why it doesn't work. (Besides the obvious)

But Jessie is a boring character. She is every other typical strong female character with no personality. And honestly, making her competent is kind of what is ruining her.

Let's instead imagine her as a meek timid character after years of being abused by her husband. She's nervous around Rick and the others and she tries to protect her children, who are ultimately all she has.

Rick kills Pete, and she's lonely and wants to be around someone that can protect her. Rick feels guilty about what happened with Reg and he lets her live in the house.

Also, let's find a reason not to sideline Michonne. We'll say Michonne is still grieving Andre and Mike. This would have been made obvious either in season 4 or 5 and she just isn't ready for romance yet. We can even have Rick make a subtle move towards her but notices her hesitance and backs off. We'll show scenes of her holding something that once belonged to Mike or Andre and we'll see her get emotional. She loves Rick, but she feels guilty about getting close to him. 6B, she'll have an Andrea moment where she's talking to Mike about her feelings for Rick, almost asking for his permission, and then says, "no you're gone." Rick and Michonne happens either later in the episode or next episode.

Anyway, back to Jessick. Rick and Jessie are together, we'll say that Jessie is making the moves and they're getting closer. It will also be made clear that this is not a healthy relationship because it is a rebound for Jessie and Rick is entering it out of guilt and she also reminds him a little of Lori. Rick doesn't spend much time around her as he's more concerned with Alexandria as a whole. Come the MSF, they're out in the streets with walker guts, Sam starts getting eaten by walkers, Jessie, who's children were her world, scream and runs for him while holding Carl's hand and you know the rest. That would be heart breaking to watch.

I could actually feel bad for Jessie instead of wishing for her death. By making her competent I have she's bland and I have to wonder why she is pursuing Rick only two weeks after her husband is killed by him. I know Pete is a douchbag, but seriously, her kids saw it happen, they are grieving, if Jessie were a strong woman she would have turned Rick down and told him that her kids come first.

Also in this scenario, Michonne is getting a character arc that would span three seasons. Her grief for her family. Maybe Carl getting shot leads to her realizing how much she loves the Grimes family because its like seeing Andre die all over again.

Of course my other scenario that would avoid the Jessick mess is to have Carol be the one involved in Jessie's story line, and Carol has to cut off her hand to save Sam.

I feel like they want the comic fans to think she is going to be taking comic Andrea's role and that's why they are giving her all this unnecessary character development and casting a blond actress.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empress View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    That's what I figured. You can never be too careful with the pacing Gimple has given us this season. My Christmas tree will have a length of severed hand lights on it now, if I can find such a thing, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armte View Post
    @John Dixon you and me both. We were speculating early this week in the Richonne thread about this And my quote was:

"Nomis I will burn down the internet if they allow confirmation of Jessie death to be ambiguous after 608 and stretch it out. I can not take my holidays and new year ruined by delusional idiots speculating the ways Jessie can still be alive throughout the interwebs. Two more months of that shit is too much."

We were eventually talked of the ledge because for everything else in the MSF spoiler to happen Jessie needs the chop first. But if this goes down I expect you to be my partner in crime and we rip shit up. I am trying to think of the appropriate dynamic duo reference.
    You, me Nomis and one other and we could be like the four horsemen of Apocalypse, haha. I'm with both of you. I'll blow Gimple's house up if I have to, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus' Beard View Post
    @John Dixon, if God has heard my prayers, Jessie will be missing an appendage by the end of the MSF.
    He responded to mine and said: Thy will be done, lol.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Level
    Shenron! I wish for you to put an end to this godforsaken relationship in the midseason finale!

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Level
    ...LOL, like this ship was something f'ing epic, um, more like...

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    It's only a matter of time now.... x3

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast