Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolexus View Post
    That's a relief. Otherwise they'd be Lannisters & Judy would grow up to be a female Joffrey.

The whole "Judith's Shane's baby" debate has bugged me since S2. Since it's relevant to the evolution of Lori & Rick's icy relationship before her death & continues to be snarked on to this day, I thought genetics might help clarify the Baby Daddy debate in Rick's favor. Jokes about "Who's your Daddy" just aren't funny to me; I'm from Louisiana, a state perennially in the top three for "Illegitimate Births per Capita" & I've known a LOT of people hurt by paternity doubts. Fucked up part is it's always the child that suffers for it. Judith's not a real person but the problem & the baggage these kids deal with thru no fault of their own is very, sadly, painfully real. I'll get off my soapbox; apologies to those annoyed. I may be done with medicine but apparently medicine ain't done with me cuz it keeps creeping into my posts.

Great Thread BTW. Thanks again for posting tumblr piece.
    I think Judy is Shane's. The timing is just too off. Lori began to suspect she was pregnant in "Secrets" (maybe even earlier) which was only a few days after she had slept with Rick. There's just no biological way that is Rick's child unless his sperm is unstuck in time. Rick has to know it too, which I believe is why he was distant from Lori during those 8-9 months, and also from Judith after her birth for a while. Not because he didn't love Lori, or doesn't love Judy because she's not "his", but not only were Lori's pregnancy and later Judith a reminder of his dead best friend (who betrayed him), but the pregnancy/Judith were also a manifestation of that conflict that drove a wedge between all of them.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Judith is Shane's kid. Period!!!

Like the user about said it is biologically impossible for her to be Rick's. Rick knew since S2 it was not he's baby, but stopping Lori from ending the pregnancy was just keeping with normal traditions. This is a nightmare - we can still have a normal life. Hershel's conversation with Rick in S3 premiere about Lori being sorry for all that happened is further proof.

But, at present he loves he's step daughter as his own.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123