Status
    Zombie Hoarder AllLifeIsPrecious's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level

It Ends Fast

Chapter 1

Brendan walks into a school, Bristol Central High School. He is a senior. He nods to some people he recognizes and walks down the hallways. Brendan sees some people coughing, one of them has a bandage wrapped around their arm. Brendan tries not to look, but he can't help himself. The bandage is soaked in blood. One of the students runs to the bathrooms, and can be heard vomiting. Brendan says to himself, "Gross... what's going on?" He heads into the library, seeing some more sick people. Brendan also sees a group of people he doesn't like, Rebecca, Alyssa, Aliya, Destiny, and Amber. Among them is his friend Aliyah. Brendan says, "Damn it Aliyah..." He just walks past them, getting some dirty looks. He goes to leave through the next set of doors, when he gets a bad feeling in his stomach. Brendan turns around, seeing a student's head face down on a table. He doesn't look to be breathing. Brendan walks over and turns him over. He checks his pulse by pressing two fingers against his neck. His eyes widen. He is dead. Aliyah, Rebecca, and the others walk over. Rebecca asks, "What's wrong with him?" Brendan glares at her and says, "He's dead..." Suddenly, the man's head raises, his eyes are bloodshot and his skin has decayed a bit. The man gets up, as Aliyah quickly pulls Brendan away from the man. Brendan says, "What the hell?" The man tries to bite them, but Brendan holds it back, shouting, "HELP!"

The school cop, Officer George, hears the shouting. He comes to the rescue and pulls the man off of Brendan. The man attacks George, biting into his hand. A chunk of flesh is gone and blood spurts out from it. George screams in pain, so he shoots the man in the chest with his gun. The man does not go down as Brendan, Aliyah, Rebecca, Destiny, Amber, Aliya, and Alyssa watch on in horror. George shoots him several more times, but the man topples him and bites into his jugular. Brendan grabs the gun from George as someone switches on the alarm. Screams can be heard throughout the halls and the library. Brendan looks at the six and has a moment of hesitation, but he finally says, "Come with me... I'll keep you safe." Brendan hated all of them except Aliyah, but he wasn't heartless, they had to set aside their differences for now. They all run out of the library as more people become one of the undead. Amber asks, "What the hell was that guy doing to Officer George?" Brendan says, "Biting him. I think he was undead... he came back to life after being dead. He looked like he was decaying." Aliya says, "There's some sort of illness going around. It must be killing people and bringing them back as the walking dead." Brendan looks at the gun he grabbed and checks the ammo. Brendan says, "It's got three shots left in it. If you see one of what that guy was, don't get bitten. That must be how it's spreading." A message is heard throughout the school, it is the principal Mr. Wininger, who says, "CODE RED, CODE RED, I REPEAT, CODE-- What are you doing? NO, STOP--" His screams are heard, along with the sounds of flesh crunching. Aliyah says, "What happened to--" Amber says, "Must have died. This school is doomed, we gotta leave." Brendan sees a few people he is acquaintances with run out of the school, including a buff guy named Joe, another guy who always wears a trench coat named Robert, and a Mexican woman named Scarlett. Destiny says, "Come on, let's go!" Brendan says, "Hold on, stay close." Brendan runs after the three, the others follow. They run outside and see the three being attacked individually by one of the undead. Brendan says, "Three is my lucky number, I guess." Brendan shoots all three of the undead people. Robert asks Joe, "Did you get any of the blood in your mouth or eyes?" Joe shakes his head. The three thank Brendan. Scarlett asks, "What were those things?" Robert says, "Walkers." They all look at Robert. Robert says, "Or biters, lurkers, dead ones, whatever you wanna call them. All they do is eat, I don't know why." Brendan says, "Those are what must have killed Officer George and Mr. Wininger." Robert says, "Mr. Wininger is dead? Oh boy, looks like there's a new president of the school!" Amber says, "I think those walker things will disagree." Brendan says, "We need someplace to go, we can't stay here." Robert says, "Let's head to my house, it's only a mile away. I've always been prepared for a situation like this. When civilization ends, it ends fast." Robert begins leading everyone to his house as the dead begin to take over the school, helicopters approaching.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Chapter 2

The group is walking down the sidewalk. Brendan sees the place he is living in, his family's vehicles are gone. Robert sees this as well and says to Brendan, "Don't worry, they'll probably be back sooner or later." Brendan nods at this, becoming hopeful. Alyssa asks, "Do you think this will blow over soon?" Robert says, "I doubt it, missy. The government will fall, most likely. The military, too." Scarlett asks, "Where's your faith at?" Joe says, "Robert knows his stuff, don't underestimate him. He's the senior president of the school." Amber says, "Like that's going to matter now." Robert says, "I'm going to continue taking that honor with pride." Amber rolls her eyes.

Elsewhere, another high school named Southington High School. It is not going any better there. People are dying, one after the other. A woman with glasses named Haylee is with her boyfriend James, and their friends Jason, Kristian, Katie, and Britni. Katie says, "We need to help everyone!" Jason says, "No, we can't! This is too big of a problem, we're just normal students in a school! We can't save them all." Haylee says, "Agreed, we have to leave. We must head to Bristol to get Brendan, Aliyah, and Owen. We'll figure out a plan afterwards." They exit the school, seeing a news reporter being filmed, he is talking about the attacks on Southington and Bristol. James says, "They're in trouble. We have to hurry up if we wanna get them." Haylee says, "I've got my car. We're going to have to squeeze you guys in the back. James, you're riding shotgun." James says, "Sweet." They head to Haylee's car, she unlocks it and starts it up. They all get in, with Jason, Kristian, Katie, and Britni squeezing into the backseat. The car drives away.

Robert says, "Welcome to my house." They all walk inside. Alyssa says, "Not bad for a president." Robert says, "The compliment is appreciated. Follow me." Robert leads them to a secret room, there are weapons on shelves and on the wall, some survival gear, ammo, canned food, water, first aid kits, and other things that are helpful. Joe says, "Holy crap." Robert says, "My family comes prepared for tragedies like the one happening right now." Brendan says, "If this really does last longer than a few days, this will save all of us." Robert says, "Indeed, my friend. Grab what you'd like, there's plenty to go around." Brendan grabs a handgun and a machete. Aliyah grabs a bowie knife and a gun. Joe grabs a shield and a knife. Rebecca grabs a bow, arrows, and a large knife, and this makes Brendan feel uneasy. Robert grabs a katana. Everyone else grabs ordinary weapons, packing extras, as well as packing food, water, ammo, and other necessities. Scarlett says, "We're stocked on the first day. And there's still more in here that we can't grab." Brendan says, "Haylee, James, and whoever else will be coming for us. Adding them will probably have this whole place cleared out." Rebecca, Destiny, and Amber do not like this. Rebecca says, "Forget them, they're on their own. They will die anyways." Brendan says, "We're stronger in numbers. And they're my friends." Destiny says, "We have enough people. We're leaving without them, like it or not." Angered by this, Brendan walks up to Destiny and punches her across the face. Destiny is shocked by this, and Brendan says, "We're waiting for them. They are joining us, whether YOU like it or not. Understand?" Destiny just remains silent, as well as Rebecca. Amber has the urge to fight Brendan, but decides against it. Brendan says, "Good. Now, I must get my cat from the place I live in, and I'll come back. Haylee is probably heading to Central, so some of us should head there and wait for her to get here." They all nod at this. Brendan says, "If anyone wants to come with me, just step forward now." Rebecca steps forward, saying, "...I'll help." Brendan stares at her, and says, "No. Anyone else?" Scarlett steps forward. Brendan nods and says, "Alright. Scarlett and I will get Oreo, my cat. Then we'll send some people out to wait for Haylee at Central. Be safe." Brendan and Scarlett head out.

- - - Updated - - -

Chapter 3

The Southington group's car stops when they see the "Bristol" sign. Britni asks, "Why are we stopping?" Haylee says, "We don't know what lies ahead in Bristol. Plus, we should probably find something to protect ourselves." James sees a stop sign and gets an idea. He walks over to it, saying, "Jason, Kristian, help me with this." Jason & Kristian walk over as Haylee, Katie, and Britni watch. James, Jason, and Kristian, with all of their strength, rip the sign out from the ground. James thanks them and holds the sign with ease. He says, "Those dead things won't get past me if I have anything to say about it." Haylee chuckles at this.

On the outskirts of Bristol Central High School, there is a neighborhood. In one particular house, the boy Haylee mentioned named Owen resides there. He has several scars on him. He watches from a window, seeing that Central is under attack by walkers. Helicopters land by the school as military soldiers begin shooting. Owen sighs and gears up, before heading down to the school. Mr. Wininger has turned into a walker, as well as Officer George. The military soldiers shoot at them, but one of them is bitten, causing misfire to ensue and several soldiers are shot in the process. They are then devoured. Owen has a tight grip on the kitchen knife he grabbed. He hears screaming nearby. Owen turns and sees two women and a man. One of them is being attacked by a walker, and the man is trying to take down the walker. Owen goes to walk away, but he stops himself.

The two women are named Sam & Samantha, and Sam's boyfriend is named Adam. A walker is pursuing them. Adam shouts, "STAY AWAY FROM HER!" Adam pushes the walker, and it bites into his left arm. Owen comes to their rescue and stabs the walker in the head as Adam is moaning in pain. Sam runs to his aid, and they all look at Owen. Owen says, "Come with me if you want to live." Sam, Samantha, and the bitten Adam join forces with Owen as the four leave the school behind, as it was now overrun. Samantha asks, "Why'd you do it? Why'd you save us?" Owen says, "Because I'm not heartless like some people are." They are now on the street Brendan lives on. Sam says, "Well, thank you. We need to help Adam, he's hurt." Owen says, "Well, I--" Owen stops when he sees Brendan & Scarlett up ahead. Sam, Adam, and Samantha notice this. They recognize Brendan, as they are all friends. The four run towards them.

Brendan and Scarlett are walking towards Brendan's living space when they see Owen, Sam, Samantha, and Adam running towards them. Brendan says, "Thank God." Brendan pats Owen on the shoulder, and he & Sam hug. Scarlett stands there watching, awkwardly, as she doesn't know any of them. Brendan sees the bite on Adam's arm and immediately backs away. Brendan says, "You're infected." Sam asks, "What are you talking about?" Scarlett says, "There's dead people walking around. When they bite you, you become infected, and you die and turn into one of them." Sam angrily says, "Adam's going to be fine!" Brendan calms them down, saying, "See that house down the street? That's where our group is residing in. Just tell them Brendan & Scarlett sent you." Sam calms down and says, "Thank you." The three head down to the house as Owen sticks with the two. Brendan says, "We have a problem back at the house. Rebecca, Destiny, and Amber are with us." Owen frowns and says, "It's going to take everything in my power to not hit them over the head." Brendan says, "Yeah, me neither. Let's just get my cat and we'll move on to our next plan." Brendan, Owen, and Scarlett arrive at where Brendan lives. Brendan unlocks the door and walks in, Oreo waiting there. Oreo meows at him. Brendan heads downstairs and grabs the cat carrier. Brendan brings it up, and Oreo immediately walks in. Brendan closes it and says, "Grab the bag of cat food, the cans, and the litter box." Owen & Scarlett oblige, and they begin heading back to Robert's house.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Chapter 4

There is a knock on the door. Robert looks through the peephole and opens the door, saying, "Well, hello there." Sam says, "Brendan and Scarlett sent us." Robert says, "Come in." The three walk in as people approach. They see Adam's bite and become uneasy. Joe says, "That bite is going to kill you." Sam shouts, "HE'S GOING TO BE FINE!" Robert says, "Hey, keep your voice down. Noise will bring the dead to our doorstep. If you insist that he's going to be fine, take him to my parents' bedroom and have him lie down." Adam says, "That'd be great, I'm starting to feel feverish." Robert takes them to his parents' bedroom. Soon, Brendan, Owen, and Scarlett return with Oreo. They free Oreo from the carrier as they close the front door. Aliyah walks over and smiles upon seeing Owen. The two hug, and Brendan says, "Found them as we were heading to my place." Owen asks, "Is Haylee here?" Brendan says, "Not yet. We're going to send some people out to wait by Central, because that's where they'll be heading to find us." Owen asks, "I'll come. Who else will go?" Aliyah says, "I'm in." Robert comes down the stairs, saying, "I'll join you." Joe says, "Me too." Brendan says, "Alright. Owen, Aliyah, Joe, Robert, and I will wait by the school for Haylee and the others. Scarlett, you're in charge until we get back." Scarlett nods, saying, "I won't let you down." Brendan says, "I know. Come on, let's go guys." The five head out towards Central.

An undead Mr. Wininger is stumbling down the road. The top half of his head is cut off with a sign. James stands over his body as everyone else approaches. Haylee says, "We're close. The school must have fell already." Katie asks, "What do we do if they aren't there?" Haylee says, "Then we search around the area for them. Try to give them a signal that it's us. We're almost there, I see the school in the distance." They see the school. Walkers are roaming around the back of the school, dressed as teachers, students, and military soldiers. Kristian says, "Yeah, we're not heading in through that way." They head around front and see Brendan, Aliyah, Owen, Joe, and Robert waiting around for them. James says, "That was easy." Haylee says, "You're telling me. Come on." They run towards the five, and Robert sees them first. Robert says, "Greetings." Everyone turns, they are overjoyed and embrace each other. Brendan says, "Now, we've got a problem back at where we're staying..." Haylee asks, "What is it?"

Back at the house, Adam is lying in the bed, his fever has grown worse. Rebecca, Destiny, Amber, and Sam are watching over him. Brendan, Haylee, and Robert walk in, and Haylee immediately asks, "What the hell are they doing here?!" Rebecca, Destiny, Amber, and Haylee begin to argue, but Brendan gets in-between them, shouting, "Hey, calm down right now or I will shoot you!" They all back off as Brendan says, "Now is NOT the time. I don't like it either, but we have to pull TOGETHER, not APART. Get it?" Haylee storms out of the room as Brendan asks Sam, "How's he doing?" Sam says, "His fever is getting worse, not better." Brendan says, "Just let him get some rest." Everyone leaves the bedroom and they head downstairs.

That night, everyone is sleeping. In the bedroom, Adam has stopped breathing. His eyes open, he has died and turned into a walker. Adam gets off of the bed, heading downstairs. He walks past the room the group is sleeping in. Oreo is sleeping in the kitchen. Adam sees Oreo and stumbles towards her. Adam gets down and growls, biting into Oreo's back. Oreo lets out a painful meow, loud enough to wake Sam, whom is closest to the doorway. Sam quickly rushes to the kitchen, seeing Adam eating Oreo. Sam screams, "NO!!!" Everyone wakes up and they run to the kitchen. Brendan's face falls as Robert uses his knife to stab the undead Adam in the head. Sam begins to cry, as well as Brendan. Brendan says, "We have to help her..." Robert says, "The only way we can help her is... ease her suffering." Brendan knows what Robert means and draws his gun, aiming it to Oreo's head as she lets out a wail. Brendan shoots Oreo in the head, putting her down.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Chapter 5

The next morning, Brendan carries a box outside into Robert's backyard. A shovel is sticking out of the ground. Sam is already digging with another shovel. Inside the box is the corpse of Oreo. Brendan grabs the other shovel and begins digging, in a state of mild depression. Sam says, "You and Owen were right." Brendan says, "It isn't your fault. I see it as disbelief and denial. I don't blame you one bit. It would have been hard to raise a cat in the midst of an apocalypse anyways with dead things trying to kill us." Sam says, "She's in a better place now. Your cat." Brendan says, "He is too." Sam smiles at him, Brendan smiles back. The two continue digging the graves.

Robert watches from a window and says, "And so it begins..." Samantha asks, "What?" Robert turns to face her and says, "It is just the beginning of the end of the human race. Who knows how many people in the world died yesterday, think about small the population could be by the end of the week." Samantha says, "There's gotta be some kind of process, there's no way some dumb dead things could take over the world against smart trained people in just a week." Joe walks past, saying, "You'd be surprised." Robert says, "When civilization ends, it ends fast. This is very easily the third World War. Except this time, the enemies win. If they somehow don't, a good chunk of the population in the world will be gone. Electricity, fresh food, all those things we loved, will be a rare thing to see." Samantha leans against the wall and says, "You seem to know a lot about this kind of stuff." Robert says, "I've always been prepared for it. I learned some history on wars around the world after my family started preparing for a situation like the one we're in now. I'm thankful they did what they did. Even though they're probably gone now, they gave us a chance." Samantha nods at this.

Brendan sits, looking out a window as the sun begins to set. Haylee walks over and sits down as well. Haylee asks, "How'd those three wind up with you guys?" Brendan says, "We were all in the library when people were turning. I wasn't heartless, so out of the goodness of my heart, I let them come with us. I'm not sure how long it'll be before they do something stupid and mess things up. Or causes conflict, which they've already done." Haylee asks, "If it were Damion and Damon... would you have let them join you?" Brendan doesn't answer, realistically he wouldn't have. Brendan says, "We'll keep an eye on them. We'll exile them from the group if we have to." Haylee nods at this and walks away.

The shower is turned on, hot water sprays down onto Sam as she stares at herself in the mirror. She sees the necklace Adam gave her. Sam rips the necklace off, breaking it, and she tosses it away. Sam then begins to cry as the water soaks her. She begins having flashbacks that make her feel guilty. Sam shouts, "HE'S GOING TO BE FINE!" Adam is bitten on the arm. Sam runs in to see Adam eating Oreo. Sam punches the mirror, breaking it. Her hand is now bleeding, having sustained several cuts. The blood is washed away as Sam winces in pain. She stops the shower and gets out, cleaning up her hand and wrapping it up in bandages. She dries off and gets dressed. She gets the glass out of the tub so no one else is hurt. After getting dressed, she hides her bandaged hand under her sleeve and walks out, seeing Brendan. Sam says, "All yours." Brendan says, "Thanks." Brendan walks in, closing the door behind him.

Robert climbs up to the roof of his house, Joe following close behind. Joe hands Robert a sniper rifle as he puts some ear buds in, listening to some music. Robert aims, looking through the scope of the sniper rifle. Off in the distance, he can see walkers wandering around Bristol Central. He sighs and lowers the gun as Joe says, "We can't be the only ones who survived the fall of the school." Robert says, "Probably not, but whoever else did survive will most likely die anyway later down the road." Joe says, "Probably." Robert looks over at the street lamps, they are on. They suddenly go off, all the lights around Bristol turn off. All of the electricity has now gone out. Robert says, "The end is nigh..."

Spoiler Spoiler:

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Chapter 6

The next morning, the sky is filled with clouds. Brendan, Haylee, Robert, Owen, and James stand outside the house. Owen asks, "You said the electricity went out last night?" Robert says, "Yup. All around Bristol, it seems. Maybe the entire country's lights out by now." James says, "It isn't safe here anymore." Brendan asks, "What makes you say that?" James says, "If those things were to show up here, they'd break down the door. The more of them, the faster the doors and windows go down." Haylee says, "He's right, we need to find a safer place to ride this out. Wait until it ends." Robert says, "This doesn't end." Brendan looks down the street. Brendan says, "The school..." Owen asks, "What about it?" Brendan says, "We could try to clear it of the dead." Robert says, "I think you're underestimating the situation there, buddy. It'll be a no definite killing them all. We should find a better place to live." Brendan continues looking down the street and says, "We're storming the school." Robert face palms.

Brendan says, "I know this sounds insane. But we have to take a chance. Better than being in that house." Robert says, "Hey, I'm standing right here." Brendan says, "Well, Mr. President, I don't know about you, but I'm not voting for you next time if we stay in an unsafe house." Robert says, "I doubt anyone else will wanna be the president now." Brendan says, "Anyway, this might be insane, but we need this. The school has a strong structure, it'd take a lot of walkers to get in there. Plus, there could be survivors in there. Are you all with me?" Most of them agree, including Rebecca, Destiny, and Amber, which surprises Brendan. Brendan says, "It's settled then. We're doing this." Brendan grabs an assault rifle and says, "James, Owen, Joe, Robert, Jason, Kristian, come with me. Everyone else, hold down the fort for now. You six know how to shoot?" They all nod. Brendan hands them all guns and magazines. Brendan loads his and says, "Let's roll out." However, Rebecca, Destiny, Amber, and Alyssa volunteer to come as well." Brendan is about to say no, but Owen whispers to him, "The more, the better. Plus, they're outnumbered. Time for them to earn their keep. James and I will keep an eye on them." Brendan sighs and says, "Grab some weapons. You do exactly as we say."

Brendan, James, Owen, Robert, Joe, Rebecca, Destiny, Amber, Jason, Alyssa, and Kristian arrive at Bristol Central High School. They all hide in the forest so the walkers don't see them right away. Brendan says, "I'll fire the first shot, kill a walker. Joe, Robert, Jason, Kristian, you follow my lead. James, Owen, Rebecca, Destiny, Amber, and Alyssa, you get them from the back or the sides. Try not to shoot us." Robert asks, "Taking charge now huh, Mr. White?" Brendan says, "Somebody's gotta. I wouldn't say I'm the leader, it's more of a democracy. Let's not waste anymore time, everyone understand the plan?" Everyone nods. Brendan emerges from the forest and shoots a walker in the head. Joe, Robert, Jason, and Kristian emerge and the five begin shooting walkers. The herd begins following after them, the five back up, allowing James, Owen, Rebecca, Destiny, Amber, and Alyssa to attack from the back and the sides. The four women let out battle cries, beginning to bash the heads of walkers in with the butt of their assault rifles. James watches on and says, "Idiots..."

Walkers notice the four and begin going after them. Brendan says, "DON'T ATTACK THEM UP CLOSE, DUMBASSES! SHOOT THEM! SHOOT THEM!" The four women do not listen, and Alyssa is backed up against a wall. She realizes she must shoot her way out to live. Alyssa aims and pulls the trigger, but it just clicks. There is no ammo. Alyssa shouts, "HELP! I FORGOT TO LOAD MY GUN!" Rebecca and James shoot at the walkers, but there are too many. Alyssa screams, "NO, NO PLEA--" Walkers overwhelm Alyssa and begin eating her as her screams become nothing. Rebecca begins to cry, and James forces her away from the herd. All of the walkers are now focused on their fresh new meal, Alyssa. They all regroup, and James says, "I think the school is a lost cause, Brendan..." Brendan sighs and says, "You're right. Let's get back before they start following us." They all begin heading back to Robert's house.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Chapter 7

The front door opens, they are covered in walker blood. Sam asks, "Did it go well?" Rebecca, Destiny, and Amber storm past them. Brendan says, "We lost Alyssa. Walkers cornered her, she didn't have any bullets. She's gone. The school is a no go." Samantha asks, "Where are we going to go then?" Robert says, "We could always stay here. Just never make a peep, ration our food & water..." Joe says, "Robert, we can't stay here. Brendan is right, we have to find a better place." Robert is finally persuaded to leave his house behind. Brendan says, "I know a place we can go. Thomaston. I've got some family up there, we could stay for a day, maybe two, then move on. It's bigger and we'd be on higher ground than the walkers." James says, "I'm liking Brendan's idea." Everyone else agrees.

On the road, the group is heading towards Thomaston. Rebecca is walking silently by herself, shut away in her thoughts. Destiny sees this and walks next to her. Destiny asks, "Rebecca, are you okay?" Rebecca doesn't answer, nor does she look up at her. Destiny says, "Alyssa, she... she's in a better place." Rebecca says nothing. Destiny then holds a hand out to her, saying, "Rebecca please..." Destiny places a hand on Rebecca's shoulder, and the latter reacts violently. Rebecca pushes Destiny up against a tree, an arm against her neck. The rest of the group turns and approaches, ready to act. Brendan demands, "Let her go, Rebecca." Destiny says, "We're on the same side, Becca..." Brendan walks closer and says, "Let her go, I'm warning you right now Rebecca." Rebecca turns and grabs a hold of Brendan's shirt, shouting, "YOU GOT ALYSSA KILLED, YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Brendan says, "I'd say that was more her fault for volunteering to come and acting like idiots around a large group of those freaks. Should have stuck to the plan." Rebecca punches Brendan across the face. Destiny shouts, "Stop!" Joe says, "Break it up!" Rebecca punches Brendan again, and Joe & James restrain Rebecca. James says, "Calm the hell down." Brendan holds a hand to his face for a moment, before standing back up and punching Rebecca across the face. Brendan punches her four more times before James restrains him. Brendan shouts, "LET GO OF ME!" James says, "No!" Brendan pushes James away, then he looks at Rebecca. He feels no regrets as he stares at his bloody fist. Robert says, "Well... that happened." Amber says, "Can it, asshole. We gotta help her." Brendan says, "You guys do what you want with her... she had that coming for a long time." Brendan walks into the forest to take a moment. Haylee and Aliyah follow after him. Haylee says, "You did the right thing." Aliyah asks, "Was it true that Alyssa got herself killed...?" Brendan says, "Yeah. She forgot to load her assault rifle with magazines. She was cornered. Shouldn't have even volunteered to come." Haylee says, "Let's get your hand bandaged up." Brendan, Haylee, and Aliyah head back to the group as Robert approaches Brendan. Robert says, "Nice going there, Mike Tyson." Brendan says, "Can't tell if that's a compliment or sarcasm." Robert pats Brendan on the shoulder and says, "A compliment, man." Katie walks over and begins cleaning and addressing Brendan's hand as Rebecca regains consciousness a minute later. Rebecca asks, "What hit me?" Amber says, "That prick, Brendan." Rebecca sits up as Brendan puts a hand on his gun. Rebecca just mumbles an apology and says, "We've still got some miles to go 'till Thomaston. Come on." The group presses on towards Thomaston.

The sun is beginning to set. Owen says, "I hate to say it again... but are we there yet?" Brendan says, "I recognize the area. We're close. We'll make it before the hour ends." Britni says, "Good... I'm tired." Brendan glances over at Rebecca and sees that she has a black eye. Amber asks, "So... this side of the family of yours... they friendly to strangers?" Brendan says, "That's up to you to judge. If they're with me, they'll probably trust you. They're good people." They begin walking up a road hill. Brendan then glances over at Destiny. Brendan whispers to Aliyah, "Keep an eye on her." Aliyah nods and walks over to go talk to Destiny. They finally reach the house Brendan was talking about. Brendan says, "Here it is..." Brendan walks up to a sign that reads, "CAMP HAHA." Brendan says, "Uncle Albert and Aunt Harriet's house." Brendan walks up the stairs to the door and knocks on it, hoping the inhabitants of the house are alive. The door unlocks and opens, Brendan smiles.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Chapter 8

The door unlocks and opens, Brendan smiles. A man says, "Well well well, look who it is, Harriet!" Harriet approaches, holding a black & white cat named Timmy. Another black & white cat approaches named Trouble. Harriet sets down Timmy, and she & Brendan hug. Then Albert & Brendan hug, and Albert asks, "Who are these guys?" Brendan says, "They're my friends." Although this was not necessarily true, as he hated a few people in his group. Albert says, "Well, come in. It's gonna get dark soon." They all enter the house, and are shocked to find that there's electricity. Brendan asks, "How is there electricity?" Harriet says, "Generators are running. How bad is it in Bristol?" Robert says, "Overrun." Albert says, "You're all welcome to stay here." Everyone thanks them as Albert shuts and locks the door.

Everyone sits by a fire out around the back of the house, there is a steep hill. The sky is now completely black. Brendan says, "I was in the library of Bristol Central when one of those guys with a bite turned on me, tried to kill me. I was rescued, but everything went bad for the school. I saved some of the people here, met up with everyone, and ended up at Robert's house with all the supplies we have on us." Albert asks, "What about Will, your father? Is he alive?" Brendan says, "I don't know. His truck was gone when I went back home." Harriet says, "He must be out here somewhere." They put out the fire and head back inside. Brendan asks, "Mind if I use your shower?" Harriet says, "Sure, go ahead." Brendan heads into the bathroom as he finds a razor and some shaving cream. He grabs it as he gets in the shower, starting it up. Brendan stares at himself in a mirror as he uses the razor & cream to shave off the beard he has. Afterwards, he dries off & he gets dressed and heads to sleep on the couch.

In the morning, everyone is outside as the group is beginning to grow accustomed to their new surroundings. Aliya walks around, examining a fence with trees and bushes blocking the other end. Suddenly, a hand reaches through and grabs Aliya's arm. Aliya screams for help as it is revealed to be a walker. Multiple come running as the walker scratches Aliya's arm. Brendan draws his machete and stabs the walker through the fence in its head. Aliya holds her arm in pain as the rest of the group runs over, seeing her scratch. Aliya says, "It's okay, it's just a scratch!" Joe says, "You gotta think their nails are just as bacteria-filled as their teeth are." Aliya says, "Look, I'll be fine. I'm not changing into one of those things." Brendan says, "We'll treat it and quarantine you. We already had an attack in our sleep once, two died." Aliya says, "As long as you don't kill me." Albert says, "You can stay in the basement." They take Aliya to the basement, and Katie treats Aliya's arm. Brendan says, "We should clear out the area so this doesn't happen again. Sam, Samantha, you can help me do that." Sam and Samantha nod.

Brendan, Sam, and Samantha walk through the woods, guns in hands. Brendan says, "I don't know how long we'll be staying here in Thomaston." Sam says, "A few days, maybe? We can't hide in a house all year, they'll eventually find us. Bandits and walkers." Brendan says, "It's definitely not a permanent solution. Like I said though, we have the high ground. We'll see them first." Samantha says, "We didn't see the walker that scratched Aliya." They come across a walker that has a noose around its neck. Brendan says, "Guess he couldn't handle it." Brendan dispatches of the walker as Sam says, "I don't see anymore walkers." Brendan says, "We'll check some more areas out. Including some of the buildings nearby." The two women nod.

Later that night, Aliya is sitting in the basement. She has a bucket of vomit beside her. Aliya finally falls to the ground, knocking the bucket over. Minutes pass by, Aliya's eyes open. She is a walker, the scratch had killed her.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Chapter 9

Aliya has just turned into a walker. She gets up, heading towards the stairs leading up. The door to the basement is open slightly. Aliya walks through as she sees a sleeping Brendan. Aliya stumbles towards him, but she then hears the sound of coughing. Aliya is drawn towards the coughing. She walks into an empty room where Kristian is sleeping on the floor. Aliya kneels down and bites into Kristian's jugular. He awakens, but is unable to scream. Blood spurts out of his neck. Aliya begins to eat Kristian.

Hours pass, Aliya is still eating Kristian, but stops when Kristian finally reanimates. The two stumble out of the room as the sun is beginning to rise. Brendan awakens and yawns. He gets up and heads towards the bathroom, when he sees Aliya and Kristian's back faced towards him. Brendan says, "Morning. Feel better, Aliya?" The two turn around, and Brendan shouts, "What the fuck?!" Aliya and Kristian go to attack him, but Brendan dodges and grabs a chair. He hits Aliya over the head with it, killing her. Brendan then sees the basement door is open. Kristian gets up and lunges at him. Brendan dodges and kicks Kristian over the railing, his head is crushed upon impact with the floor. Multiple people come running, Aliyah asks, "What happened?!" Brendan says, "Aliya died and must've killed Kristian. They attacked me. I'm okay." They stare at Aliya's corpse, and Aliyah begins to cry at this. Brendan says, "I'm gonna need help with the bodies." Haylee sighs and says, "Alright, I'll help." Brendan and Haylee pick up Aliya and carry her out. Destiny comforts Aliyah as Rebecca glares at all of them.

Brendan and Haylee are outside, they lie Kristian's body down next to Aliya's. Brendan says, "I'm sorry about Kristian. He was a good guy." Haylee says, "If it's really going to hit any of us hard, it'll hit Jason hard. They were best friends." Brendan nods at this, he sighs. They suddenly hear someone shout, "Hey!" The two look up and see two women running towards them. Brendan says to Haylee, "Stay close..." Brendan & Haylee walk closer as the two women approach. Brendan & Haylee draw their weapons, and the two women look exhausted. Brendan asks, "Who are you?" The taller woman says, "I'm Gaby." The shorter woman with glasses says, "And I'm Caitlin." Gaby says, "We followed you all here from Bristol. We didn't know how to approach you guys, so we just secretly followed. Then the dead guys cut us off, we lost you. We eventually escaped and finally made it to Thomaston. It took a while to find this house. We saw it before, but Caitlin insisted it was empty." Caitlin shrugs and chews some gum as the two catch their breath. Brendan says, "Next time, just approach us. Did you think we were going to shoot you?" Caitlin says, "You never know." Brendan says, "Well, you're welcome to join us. We just lost two of our group." Gaby says, "Sorry about that. We can help you dig." Haylee says, "Thanks, that'd be much appreciated."

The group is preparing to leave. Robert walks up to Caitlin and says, "So, you're one of the new girls, huh?" Caitlin says, "...Yeah. What's your deal?" Robert says, "I have to say, you're seriously hot." Caitlin says, "Umm... I like girls, bro." Robert says, "...I knew that. Just a compliment." Robert awkwardly walks away as Caitlin watches, more amused than annoyed. Albert approaches them, and Brendan asks, "You gonna come with us?" Albert says, "Nah, we're gonna stay here. If you ever need anything, you know how to get here." Brendan says, "Alright." Brendan digs through the bags and finds a set of walkie talkies. Brendan hands Albert one and says, "I'll call every day. Just call back so I know you're on the other end." Albert nods and says, "Good luck out there." Brendan says, "You too." The two hug as the group finishes getting ready. They all say goodbye and begin walking away, as Albert & Harriet watch them. The two then head back inside.