Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level

Favorite Scenes--Quiet Ones

There are 2 scenes that are tied for my favorite. They are relatively quiet moments--no "big" scenes.

(1) The scene where Carol is driving away after Rick has banished her for killing Karen & David. She stops, starts to cry--exhausted, frustrated, distraught, desolate, angry. She's finally come to where she can't go on, and is just letting it all fall down as she slumps against the steering wheel. A walker ambles by, sees the car, and starts banging on the passenger side window. Carol is sobbing. The walker keeps banging, and banging and banging, until out of sheer on-my-very-last-nerve frustration Carol yells, "Go away! Just go away!" I love it for the reality of the moment and the statement it makes on trying to get by in the ZA.

(2) Lying in bed, Deanna sees she's been bitten. Takes a solid look, then rolls to her back, takes a couple of seconds, and then says, "Well . . . shit." Same thing--real, and a statement on existence in the ZA.

What are your favorite(s)? The quiet ones, ones that caused you to feel, "Yeah--that's what it would really be like!"

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Level
    This one is probably my favorite so far:

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level
    One of my favorite little scenes is when Abraham asked Glenn how he knew where the spare RV battery was located. Glenn never answered, but we all know he was thinking about Dale.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    This one is probably my favorite so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kCxN6o4ymA
    Yeah, until Daryl just had to chime in and ruin it with his "we ain't them" shit. I hated that.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    If you mean like "quiet-quiet" as in no dialogue, I liked these scenes:
    - Rick's exploration of the abandoned hospital in "Days Gone Bye" -- there was no dialogue again until Duane whacked him with a shovel.
    - The entire scene in "When the Dead Come Knocking" where there's a lot of emotional stuff going on: Rick discovers Carol is alive, Carol sees Judith for the first time, Carol learns Lori died. It guts me from the inside.
    - The sequences with Randall getting shoved in and out of the car trunk; I love the way they were filmed. (POV, roaring music) I just love "18 Miles Out" in general.
    - Michonne crying while holding Judith. (This paired with "After"/"Claimed" is an emotional gut-punch).
    - I agree, @Dorothy Gale, I loved the sequence showing Carol after her banishment.
    ... I am sure there are more, but those came to mind.

If you just mean moments without much action, but a ton of emotion:
    - I love the scene of Rick and Carl in the barn. "No more kid stuff."
    - Rick breaking down on the phone talking to Lori in "Hounded" destroys me.
    - Michonne finding the dead family in the house in "Claimed", protecting Carl from going in there, and then Carl telling Michonne that Judith and Andre are together somewhere.
    - Morgan telling Rick what happened to him after he left in "Clear"
    ... I am sure there are more, but those came to mind.

If you just mean underrated scenes? I generally like the light-hearted comedic moments. Tara flipping off Rick, the women bonding at the quarry in season one, Hershel telling Milton "at least buy me a drink first," Carl snarking back at Rick, "That's for kids" and Rick just going, "Yeaah?" (I laugh every time), "I must be the first brother in history to break into prison" (I miss Tyreese), Carl and Michonne playing the game on the train tracks, pretty much anything Merle says, early Glenn moments ("The barn is full of walkers", "I'll have sex with you." "Why?", actually just Glenn moments in general), "Spaghetti Tuesday every Wednesday", Carol telling Lori she looked like shit, I could go on.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Level
    The scene where Carol is just found by Daryl in the tombs and is reunited with the group. The way she looks around and realizes that Lori was gone...and starts crying and hugging Rick. That scene was very powerful and no words were needed. It was played beautifully.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Level
    It's a really random, but it's a really iconic moment in the show for me... in 18 miles when Shane and Rick are in the car and Shane looks out the window and sees that lone walker in the field.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick and Carol in When The Dead Come Knocking is one of my favorite scenes in the entire series. It's so beautifully poignant.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    I need you by my side. Poison Ivy's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Level
    One of my favourites is between Glenn and Andrea just after Dale's passing. They're both at the RV, and share a quiet moment to remember Dale together. Glenn's disappointment in feeling that he had failed Dale, and the way Andrea just looks into the sky as if he's watching over her always get to me, and I thought it was a lovely 'quiet' scene of Dale's two closest friends saying goodbye to him and making Dale proud by coming together.

And I don't know whether this would be labelled as a quiet scene considering there was quite a bit of dialogue, but Rick and Lori's final scene in Sick is really heartbreaking. The look on Lori's face when Rick just brushes her off and leaves her out on the bridge alone is such a sad moment, especially considering that this would be the last time they talked before her death.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    Hmmm, the beginning of 'A' is one of my favorites. That opening shot of Rick with his bloody face and hands and we don't know why was powerful to me. After the slow reveal of what happened, I can only imagine what was going through his mind after what he had to do. Gah, that look just kills me!

And then Daryl giving him a rag so Carl doesn't have a reminder of the previous nights events. Then he apologized to Rick for being with those claimers and Rick telling him that it didn't matter because he was back with them and "You're my brother."
    I just loved that moment between them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast