Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level

How Would Judith Fit in Future Arcs? Post 'All Out War' into 'A New Beginning'.

I am absolutely convinced that Judith is living forever and that she's endgame for the story along with Carl. What would be awesome/way to invigorate the series post All Out War is to show an older Judith and an older EVERYBODY. How Judith perceives the world and her adventures outside the wall and learning how to live among other children born into the apocalypse.

Since Carl is older, we can completely omit his part with the whisperers (or not) since it seems like he's losing his eye in the show. But could you imagine if Judith is in a romeo/juliet type situation with a boy with the whisperers?

With a little reworking they can make the conflict more explosive, having Carl go after his sister because he loves her (wants to protect her) and thinks she's making a mistake. Maybe Judith catches up with the whisperers on her own, and is almost raped by a few of them but Carl and Judith's whisperer lover kills them making Alpha angry.

Of course, the stakes are a little higher considering both of Rick's children will be in peril. Idk. I'm speculating and gushing like a loser at the potential of Judith's character going forward.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    That would certainly take care of the problem of CR's aging. They can't keep pretending he's 15ish forever. I personally like the angle and it would make Judith very interesting in the future. My only question is how old could Judith actually be by then? They can't make her what Carl's current age is imo because that's too much of a jump. Even if they say she's 12 that's still too old. Unless they recast Carl, CR couldn't pass for 30ish even in a few years. They could perhaps still have Judith begin a friendship with a whisper. But I couldn't see her being old enough yet to be potentially raped or romantically interested in anyone yet. Unless Gimple wants to go even darker than showing Carl almost getting raped by Dan and The Claimers, which I doubt he will since she'll be younger.

I don't know either, lol. Just my thoughts.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    That would certainly take care of the problem of CR's aging. They can't keep pretending he's 15ish forever. I personally like the angle and it would make Judith very interesting in the future. My only question is how old could Judith actually be by then? They can't make her what Carl's current age is imo because that's too much of a jump. Even if they say she's 12 that's still too old. Unless they recast Carl, CR couldn't pass for 30ish even in a few years. They could perhaps still have Judith begin a friendship with a whisper. But I couldn't see her being old enough yet to be potentially raped or romantically interested in anyone yet. Unless Gimple wants to go even darker than showing Carl almost getting raped by Dan and The Claimers, which I doubt he will since she'll be younger.

I don't know either, lol. Just my thoughts.
    Judy is like a year old now (or almost). A 12 year time jump wouldn't be that bad. 12 years would make Carl/CR 23-ish and I could see him as a 23 year old lol. I look like I'm 16 so it won't be too much of a stretch.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NostraKwamus View Post
    Judy is like a year old now (or almost). A 12 year time jump wouldn't be that bad. 12 years would make Carl/CR 23-ish and I could see him as a 23 year old lol. I look like I'm 16 so it won't be too much of a stretch.
    No, I hear ya. I'm 35 and still get carded for cigarettes, lol. CR really has a baby face though. That could change in a few years. But maybe his impending "new look" will help assist the age change as well. Who the hell knows? Lol. I like your idea though.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    That's interesting, but I think it's too much of a time jump to make Judith 12, I can't see CR looking like he's in his 20's any time soon. Unless they pull a Modern Family and age her up and leave everyone else the same.

I've wondered about how Judith might fit in, I hope they do something with her because I see her as forever being a plot device or just kind of there.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by day dreamer View Post
    That's interesting, but I think it's too much of a time jump to make Judith 12, I can't see CR looking like he's in his 20's any time soon. Unless they pull a Modern Family and age her up and leave everyone else the same.

I've wondered about how Judith might fit in, I hope they do something with her because I see her as forever being a plot device or just kind of there.
    A 12 year time jump would put almost everyone in their 40's-50's with the exception of Maggie and a few other players. Like they can completely ignore how no one else has aged but her and leave it ambiguous but Judith is actually 12. She would need to be post-pubescent tween/teen to explore her story with the boy whisperer.

If anything they can kill Carl off, although it'd be much better if he were alive. Chandler has two more years of aging before this would happen so he might just get there.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    I hate to sound cruel but I don't think she'll fit at all..I still think the fact that she's still alive is so unrealistic I just can't imagine she'd even be there

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Judith will never know the life all of them once knew so her growing up in this she will be hard! as in tough hard core wise..