Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    I have always been a huge fan of season 2. I didn't realize for some time that people didn't care for it. Character development was amazing, and the season finale was one of my favorites. The calm before the storm, if you will.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Definitely appreciate season 2 more now, the filming, background music, dialogue, all seem to be a higher standard then recently. Wish both Shane and Andrea were still on the show, would have made for some interesting storylines.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Level
    I always liked season 2. Never thought it was boring.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Level
    I've always appreciated it.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Codas, codas everywhere HonkyTonkWoman's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Level
    I've always liked it, but yes I appreciate it more as seasons pass.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 2 was terrific...I personally think it stands out as one of the best of the entire series.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    It's still my favorite season by far, every character was getting development and the storylines were all brilliant.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    No
    (only may be appreciated Carol-Daryl interaction and Daryl)
    Still not my favourite season would've done well with less bitching by the ladies especially Carol Lori and Andrea (I love them all now but would've done without most of their bitching and moaning lol)
    But all the characters later got good development so there's that

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tuswig View Post
    With the exception of Michonne, I haven't really been emotionally attached to any of the characters introduced AFTER season 2 and I don't think I necessarily "buy" Rick's group as a "family" anymore, certain pairings within the supposed family, yes, but as a whole, NO. I don't want to ramble but I just think s2 excelled with character development and the exploration of the changing dynamics within relationships, something that we haven't really seen on this show in quite awhile (or atleast not done as well).

I only bring up this topic because of a conversation I had with a friend recently, who went from hating s2 to now loving it after binging it via Netflix recently.
    You're not alone. I speak to a lot of GA fans and I find very few are invested in any character introduced after Michonne. Season 2 has always been my favorite for many reasons, but mostly because almost all the characters were fleshed out and felt real. This hasn't been the case past season 2. I cared about Patricia and Otis too! When was the last time we cared about obvious red shirts? I enjoyed the first season, but there was no going back after season two. I was completely hooked, and it was the characters and how their stories intertwined that did it. They were a GROUP. Too many people floating in and out of the cast now. It doesn't feel like a cohesive group. That they are so frequently separated does not help. I feel that they could recapture that season 2 dynamic if they focused on a core group of maybe 7 characters and used all the others to support those 6 or 7. Get us to care deeply about them again.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Level
    I've always appreciated season 2! I binge watched the shit out of it on Netflix so I did wonder briefly if that is part of the reason I enjoyed it more than posters on tumblr were saying at the time. I can sort of see how the Sophia search could be tiring having to watch with weekly breaks.

And I totally agree team family doesn't feel so family anymore. I can't pinpoint if it's because the show has changed a good chunk of it's staff; show runners, writers, etc.. since or being known as the zombie show made the executives put more emphasis on action instead of actual plot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast