Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level

Rosita --- A Character Failed Twice.

Rosita was nothing in the comic book and she remained nothing up until
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Rosita started out as nothing in the show, began showing signs of potentially being written into more, yet she's still nothing. I was hoping they'd give her more development outside of being Abraham's girlfriend and a person who can fight but that's literally all she is right now.

Even when she was placed with other people in the group, it was never for her own development it was to prop other characters up.

- Michonne - reassured her that she's much more than her sword
    - Spencer - reassured him that he's not that much of a failure
    - Sasha - was just there
    - Abraham - hey im ur gf bae
    - Eugene - u a weaklin'.

Most of her scenes now seem very pointless as she's just moping over Abraham rather than moving on from Abraham. At this point, Abraham is just going to break up with her similar to the comic and then what? She won't have Abraham anymore to prop her character up.

At this point I hope
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Do you guys think there's hope for her character or is it pretty much over?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    I think there is still hope for her character left, it just depends on how they use her in 6B. I just hope we don't get the Rosita/Eugene story from the comic.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level
    After reading her character bio and seeing her scenes with Spencer in the trailer, I was hoping she'd finally get her own storyline, even if it meant entering into yet another romance. At least having her unlatch herself from Abraham meant we could explore more of her personality and dynamics with others. As it is, she's barely had any screentime with Spencer at all, let alone anyone else. She continues to mostly just be standing in the background making poses that are supposed to get the male viewers hard.

I do have hope though, now that Sashraham is in the cards, that she'll have a chance to become her own character. She has had small moments where her potential does peek through - such as the speech she gave early on in 6A - but at this point they're merely afterthoughts and don't really count for anything. It's likely too that they'll just use Abe dropping her as an excuse to limit her screentime even more (all the while still pretending she's this essential asset to the group lol)

Regardless of her prominence going forward, I doubt she dies in 15. I find it fairly obvious that it's just the other Savior redshirt Dwight is capping.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    I still have high hopes for Rosita. She is one of the most interesting characters to me, and I don't want her to end up like her comic counterpart. I think they've shown us in small doses that Rosita is very capable of being a strong character. She's shown as resourceful, a good fighter, she has a sense of humor, and her scenes with Eugene are awesome. I don't see why she needs to "move on" from Abe at this particular time because she doesn't know he's macking on Sasha. I hope she gets more to do in 6B.

Spoiler Spoiler:

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Alexandria, helping Rick sharpen his axe blade
    Threads
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Level
    I am actually confused at where Abraham and Rosita stand in their relationship. After Abe's attack on Eugene and Rosita started to pull a gun on him they look to be estranged. The conversation they had in the distance seemed to me the first time they really spoke after the Eugene incident, when Abe asked her if she was scared of him. When Abe visited Tara in the hospital, the whole exchange between Abe and Rosita felt weird to me. That's why I was a like surprised at her crying at the wall when Abe was missing. Always pictured them as a friends with benefits type of relationship. They have not had any real scenes together as a couple in a long time.

So I bring all this up to say that maybe pulling her from Abe would allow her character to grow and now that a bunch of the redshirt waste of space alexandrains are dead, maybe Rosita will get more storyline.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Her dying at the end of you-know-what would be the most pointless and insulting death on the show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

There is hope, but only if she makes it through S6. With the gang being away in 6B I would fucking hope she does something at this point.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Level
    I hope she dies.

I don't think she's going to be doing anything too important in the near future.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Rosita started out as nothing in the show, began showing signs of potentially being written into more, yet she's still nothing.
    I like Rosita and don't think she's "nothing". She's shown herself to be skilled at killing walkers and has become an integral part of TF.

IMO, the best thing that could happen to Rosita would be to end her relationship with Abe, to allow her to develop separately as a character with her own storyline. I have never gotten a romantic vibe from Abe and Rosita's relationship and agree with @Armte that they seem more like friends with benefits.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree that separating her from Abe would be the best thing for her at this point. I think there's definite potential with her character, and I'd love to see her get more to do.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't find Rosita to be an interesting character. I did in 4B since at that point, I thought there was still hope for her to be developed, but let's be real here:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited by DanNintendoMan; January 2nd, 2016 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Clarification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast