Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: If Father Gabriel saves Judith, what will be his motive?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • God told him to

0 0%
  • He is atoning for his past sins

19 52.78%
  • He wants a caucasian baby

2 5.56%
  • He's the new nanny

2 5.56%
  • It's the right thing to do

10 27.78%
  • He slept with Lori (duh)

3 8.33%
  • Other (explain)

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)

If Father Gabriel Saves Judith, He Will Do It Because ....

I have to go with he slept with Lori. Maybe she sought solace while Rick was in a coma (and got some sexual healing). I would've!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    I think to make amends for trying to abandon Judith, Carl, and Michonne at the church during the events of "Coda". He told Rick he wouldn't run this time. And I believe him.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    He's converted to Satanism and has it in his mind that he must sacrifice her to his new lord.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    He knows his arse is on the line. Father Dude, lied on TF and everyone knows it. He has no credibility left and he knows Rick holds him in distain. In Start to Finish, when Fr. Gabe tried to volunteer, Rick was like straight up "No". So, Fr. Gabe only hope of not becoming walker bait is to step up big. Saving Judith is the redemption he needs.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Level
    I said atoning for his sins. He left a lot of women and children to die outside of his church and he put Judith and Carl in danger by leading all of those walkers to the church.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    I think if he does it it will be simply because he was right there and it was the right thing to do. I doubt he's going to have time to weigh the pros and cons.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level
    To repay Rick's group for saving him when he was trapped on a rock, to make amends for trying to get Rick's group kicked out of Alexandria, and because although he wants to learn to fight for himself and others, he is currently a much weaker fighter than Rick, Michonne, or Carl and can best help everyone by getting Judith to a safe place.

A quibble - I don't think Gabriel abandoned Carl, Judith, and Michonne at the church. He left secretly to check out Bob's story and confirmed it when he saw the foot on the grill. If he hadn't found evidence, he may not have returned to the church, but since he did find evidence, I think he planned to go back and sneak back into the rectory the way he left. He just didn't plan on returning with a horde of walkers hot on his heels.

Michonne: Where did you go?

Gabriel: The school. I had to see. I had to know.

And then he insisted on Carl, Judith, and Michonne's getting out first while he held back the walkers trying to break into the rectory. He knew he put them in danger, so he held the door back until those three were safely through the floor opening.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Flannery View Post
    To repay Rick's group for saving him when he was trapped on a rock, to make amends for trying to get Rick's group kicked out of Alexandria, and because although he wants to learn to fight for himself and others, he is currently a much weaker fighter than Rick, Michonne, or Carl and can best help everyone by getting Judith to a safe place.

A quibble - I don't think Gabriel abandoned Carl, Judith, and Michonne at the church. He left secretly to check out Bob's story and confirmed it when he saw the foot on the grill. If he hadn't found evidence, he may not have returned to the church, but since he did find evidence, I think he planned to go back and sneak back into the rectory the way he left. He just didn't plan on returning with a horde of walkers hot on his heels.

Michonne: Where did you go?

Gabriel: The school. I had to see. I had to know.

And then he insisted on Carl, Judith, and Michonne's getting out first while he held back the walkers trying to break into the rectory. He knew he put them in danger, so he held the door back until those three were safely through the floor opening.
    Ah that's true. I always forget he said that when he got back, it was still a lousy thing to do -- and just downright dumb. I think you're on the money though -- he's doing it to pay it forward -- especially since Carl was the one who convinced Rick to stop and save Gabriel. So Gabriel saving one (or both) of Rick's kids would be one way to pay them back.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    I believe FG is getting a major redemption arc and will be the last black man standing. Anyway, I hope so because Seth Gilliam is so awesome.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    He has been a character who is easy to hate. But I really love SG's acting. So I hope he atones for his past sins and they given him the redemption arc that I was hoping Nicholas would get at the start of 6A.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast