Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha's Demise

1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    I can see where you're coming from, but I'm still not convinced. We're both in agreement that it's not likely that he'll already get stopped and caught. it's a bit early for anything close to that. He did tell Brandon that was the plan, but followed it up with, "Rather, that's your plan" as he killed him. This told me this was nothing like what he had in mind.

He's heading toward the Whisperers and I believe he has every intention of taking over. I think he will do that by temporarily teaming up with Alpha and using her to get what he wants before betraying her. If any of your ideas are correct, I'd say #3. I'm just still not sure he'll do it that way. It's so close to Brandon's idea and it seemed obvious to me that he wasn't going with that.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    I could definitely see him using the whisperers and acting like an ally to them to help take down Rick but ultimately he betrays Alpha and kills her to leave the whisperers in disarray without a leader. Maybe then he takes over the Saviors once again with a defeated ASZ/Hilltop no longer in the picture. That doesn't bode well for Dwight.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    @Velociman I'm pretty certain he'll take over the Whisperers as their new leader. My guess is...He'll get in good with the Whisperers, then betray Alpha and take over. Since they respect power above all (Alpha even said she was only leader until someone else took it from her), this should work. They're likely to follow. He has no reason to be against them anyway. The Saviors betrayed him. It wasn't only Dwight. I don't expect him to take them back so much as attack them. He'll have The Whisperers instead. They'll end up his new version of The Saviors. Dwight WILL be hunted down. Not only did he betray Negan, he also has control over Negan's greatest and truest love. I'm pretty sure he'll be coming for her. We'll see what happens then. All of this will spell disaster for the other communities.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    Regardless. I am excited to see where this goes.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    @Velociman Me too, definitely. It feels like the time between issues is torture. At the beginning of each month, I find myself like, "I can't wait until next month!" Things are certainly getting interesting. No matter what happens, I'm sure Negan won't disappoint.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    @blackjack I agree. I'm really hoping they return to releasing an issue every 2 weeks because I'm dying to know what happens between issues right now and the wait kills me every time.

Do you think we will see any of the communities go down in the near future? I'm really thinking this Negan/Whispered thing could mean very bad things for the communities.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    @Velociman Oh, hell yeah. Things are going to get nasty. It will surprise me if one doesn't end up falling. Those two working together's a dangerous and deadly combination. I know what I'd love, but I don't expect and that's Rick and Alexandria going down. Rick in his current state is in no position to be a leader and his people aren't exactly thrilled with him. I know they're not going to pull that yet though. I'd like to see it. Given his condition, I want him to go and Carl to become the main character. However, I'm not sure which one I believe will actually fall.

I think in the long run, Negan's manipulation and influence over Rick from within his cell is going to end up biting him in the ass.

I'd be interested to hear some of your speculations.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    @blackjack I've been a firm believer for a while now that Maggie's arc is coming to a close. I think she is going to go down with the hilltop. That being said, I also wouldn't be surprised to see all the communities fall including Alexandria. I just don't think they'll kill of Rick until the final issues. Its his story and despite the state he is in physically and from a leadership standpoint, I think he is here to stay. I'm gunna say Maggie is our next huge death once these groups actually go to war.

I think Dwight is probably a goner here pretty soon as well. Negan being out there just doesn't bode well for him especially seeing as how he is wielding Lucille currently.

Andrea has kinda grown stale to me as well and I would like to see her get some decent story soon or she might be a goner as well.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    @Velociman I have no doubt Dwight's story is ending soon. He betrayed Negan, took over the Saviors, and most importantly, as you said, he has Lucille. And Negan will want her back. He'll be hunting Dwight down. I've been wondering about Hilltop myself. I've always thought when they do eventually kill Negan (I've come to terms with the fact that it's going to happen), it might be Maggie who will do the job. She hated Rick for letting him live. I'm still thinking that as a possibility, but I do agree things have reached a point where I've kind of been thinking the same thing and that she's going to die fairly soon

I love the idea of all of these communities falling, but I doubt that's where this is heading. I think even though Rick will survive, with all the shit going on in Alexandria, it will fall. The Hilltop wouldn't surprise me either. I doubt it with the Kingdom. Michonne is just starting to take control there and I think there will be a lot more to that.

I don't mean right away, I think it'll be a while, but I do expect Rick to die before the end and Carl to take over. It feels like this is as much his story as Rick's, or just about as much. I think at some point within the next year or two, Carl will be the new lead character.

The only things I'm certain of; there's going to be a massive war like nothing they've ever seen and after all is said and done, Negan will betray Alpha.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    @blackjack yeah I've wondered myself how it is that they will kill off Negan. Part of me thinks the line where he says cut my throat, bury your hatchet in my forehead has to be foreshadowing and Rick will do it but another part of me thinks it'll be someone else. Immediately I think either Carlbor Maggie taking him down but Maggie doesn't work with my theory of her dying at Hilltop.

I'd really like to see Negan hang around longer. He's an interesting character that definitely has what it tAkes to survive 100 issues plus.

I also think Aaron is a goner soon too. Rick sending him with Michonne doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast