Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?


Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Offline
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Right Here!!
    Posts
    5,845
    Threads
    23
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Points
    12,746
    Level
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroko View Post
    Another interview here lol, Danai's really working that promotion! She must be having a good birthday week!

    http://www.aol.com/build/519492936/

    About to catch up on all the stuff now!
    Danai's definitely working the promotions. I hear she will be on Live With Kelly And Michael on Monday 02-15-16. I'm trying to find a link for it. @Meeka please confirm if I got the info correct.

    I really enjoyed Inside The Actors Studio. The questions were very thoughtful. Danai was her usual charismatic, funny and insightful self. Norman was adorable and funny. They both looked fabulous on the show so last night was a win.

  2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Offline
    Crotch Grabber Meeka's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,462
    Threads
    27
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Points
    134
    Level
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac Fields View Post
    Danai's definitely working the promotions. I hear she will be on Live With Kelly And Michael on Monday 02-15-16. I'm trying to find a link for it. @Meeka please confirm if I got the info correct.

    I really enjoyed Inside The Actors Studio. The questions were very thoughtful. Danai was her usual charismatic, funny and insightful self. Norman was adorable and funny. They both looked fabulous on the show so last night was a win.
    @Lilac Fields - Here is the link - source

    I saw it on my tv listing that she would be a guest and then checked online.

  3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Offline
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Right Here!!
    Posts
    5,845
    Threads
    23
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Points
    12,746
    Level
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeka View Post
    @Lilac Fields - Here is the link - source

    I saw it on my tv listing that she would be a guest and then checked online.
    @Meeka thanks! I've always enjoyed Danai's appearances on Live With Kelly and Michael. She always seems to have a good time on there so I'll be sure to watch on the holiday.

  4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Offline
    Samurai Kuroko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,929
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Points
    2,100
    Level
    20
    Is there a negativity thread? LOL! I've just been thinking that both Michonne and Daryl as characters are too tied to the other popular ships for them to ever be together romantically. This pairing would piss off 2 maybe even 3 of the biggest ships in the fandom at the same time, and I doubt tptb have the guts to see that through. It seems most likely they'll pair Michonne with Morgan or a new character, and Daryl will stay single. :( Ah well we still got the kiss between DG and NR Happy V-day everyone lol!

  5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Offline
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Right Here!!
    Posts
    5,845
    Threads
    23
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Points
    12,746
    Level
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroko View Post
    Is there a negativity thread? LOL! I've just been thinking that both Michonne and Daryl as characters are too tied to the other popular ships for them to ever be together romantically. This pairing would piss off 2 maybe even 3 of the biggest ships in the fandom at the same time, and I doubt tptb have the guts to see that through. It seems most likely they'll pair Michonne with Morgan or a new character, and Daryl will stay single. :( Ah well we still got the kiss between DG and NR Happy V-day everyone lol!
    Happy Valentines Day @Kuroko and all you lovely ladies. Yes there's a negativity thread as well as a debate thread. I have no clue what tptb have in store. They may choose to do absolutely nothing with any of these ships and have everyone just be single. That's just not realistic to me.

    I'm already stretching my imagination with zombies and having to fill in the gaps left by ambiguity. Human emotions and relationships should come naturally and shouldn't feel like it's purposely being forced or delayed by tptb.

    Time will tell!

  6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Offline
    Samurai Kuroko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,929
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Points
    2,100
    Level
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac Fields View Post
    Happy Valentines Day @Kuroko and all you lovely ladies. Yes there's a negativity thread as well as a debate thread. I have no clue what tptb have in store. They may choose to do absolutely nothing with any of these ships and have everyone just be single. That's just not realistic to me.

    I'm already stretching my imagination with zombies and having to fill in the gaps left by ambiguity. Human emotions and relationships should come naturally and shouldn't feel like it's purposely being forced or delayed by tptb.

    Time will tell!
    Ehh the hate and debate threads are not really what I'm going for as those people most likely have their own biases. I'm just surprised at how mad this pairing makes everyone and the lengths they go to deny any potential romantic connection! I figured it would be more favored, but it seems people have their own preferences. Among the Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carol dynamic, Daryl/Michonne seems to be the least liked. Even Carol/Rick, Carol/Michonne, and Rick/Daryl are more popular. Sure there was the kiss betweeen NR/DG, which honestly meant nothing for the show. But you add in some actual moments between the characters like in season 4, and it's guns blazing with the hate and downplaying. Even the kiss got a lot of hate here and on tumblr when it was completely harmless.

    I agree that relationships and romantic partnerships would come naturally in the show, but I also think that tptb would like some characters to stay without a romantic relationship. With her development, I don't see Michonne as being a character who will stay single, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Daryl single. A lot of fans seem to want Daryl to stay single as well.

  7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Offline
    Samurai Kuroko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,929
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Points
    2,100
    Level
    20
    On a more positive note, I just noticed that both Michonne and Daryl have laces on the sides of their vests lol :D

  8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Offline
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Right Here!!
    Posts
    5,845
    Threads
    23
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Points
    12,746
    Level
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroko View Post
    Ehh the hate and debate threads are not really what I'm going for as those people most likely have their own biases. I'm just surprised at how mad this pairing makes everyone and the lengths they go to deny any potential romantic connection! I figured it would be more favored, but it seems people have their own preferences. Among the Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carol dynamic, Daryl/Michonne seems to be the least liked. Even Carol/Rick, Carol/Michonne, and Rick/Daryl are more popular. Sure there was the kiss betweeen NR/DG, which honestly meant nothing for the show. But you add in some actual moments between the characters like in season 4, and it's guns blazing with the hate and downplaying. Even the kiss got a lot of hate here and on tumblr when it was completely harmless.

    I agree that relationships and romantic partnerships would come naturally in the show, but I also think that tptb would like some characters to stay without a romantic relationship. With her development, I don't see Michonne as being a character who will stay single, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Daryl single. A lot of fans seem to want Daryl to stay single as well.
    From my experiences with fandoms I realize that the popular ships never bear any fruit until MAYBE the end of the show. It's always the ones no one thought of that goes canon.

    If the larger ships were meant then we wouldn't have moments (kissing, hand holding etc. ) with other pairings. All the shows I watch have popular ships that I know will never happen until the very end.

    I watch The Flash for example but I know even though WestAllen is comic canon it won't happen for a long time and that's OK. I like all the relationships Barry and Iris have so there's no drama for me.

    I just find it unrealistic that after many seasons neither Daryl or Michonne has had romantic relationships that's why I'm not willing to continue watching the show if both characters don't get someplace relationship wise.

    Who wants to spend summer after summer hearing people debate this matter. It just seems lame to me and I'm over a lot of these things. I want to feel like my favorites are going someplace instead of feeling like the story is going around in continuous circles because like you said tptb may not want to pair Daryl or/and Michonne with anyone.

    Don't get me wrong I watch lots of shows that the characters never really have any meaningful relationships that's not the problem. Those shows are written well enough where you never notice and relationships aren't teased. TWD teases things but don't follow through and I think the fandom is tired and many have walked away.

  9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Offline
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Right Here!!
    Posts
    5,845
    Threads
    23
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Points
    12,746
    Level
    35
    @Kuroko I also wanted to say that the opposition Dichonne and Michonne/Daryl gets is probably because this pairing goes against what people thought would happen but people need to realize that the writers didn't promise anybody anything.

    The show has had 3 show runners and many things have changed but some people are too hell bent on trying to be right instead of realizing that the writers do whatever they feel. The only thing set in stone is walkers and death.

    Eta: I was trying to find the perfect shoes so hopefully this doesn't sound jumbled.

  10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Offline
    Samurai Kuroko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,929
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Points
    2,100
    Level
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac Fields View Post
    From my experiences with fandoms I realize that the popular ships never bear any fruit until MAYBE the end of the show. It's always the ones no one thought of that goes canon.

    If the larger ships were meant then we wouldn't have moments (kissing, hand holding etc. ) with other pairings. All the shows I watch have popular ships that I know will never happen until the very end.

    I watch The Flash for example but I know even though WestAllen is comic canon it won't happen for a long time and that's OK. I like all the relationships Barry and Iris have so there's no drama for me.

    I just find it unrealistic that after many seasons neither Daryl or Michonne has had romantic relationships that's why I'm not willing to continue watching the show if both characters don't get someplace relationship wise.

    Who wants to spend summer after summer hearing people debate this matter. It just seems lame to me and I'm over a lot of these things. I want to feel like my favorites are going someplace instead of feeling like the story is going around in continuous circles because like you said tptb may not want to pair Daryl or/and Michonne with anyone.

    Don't get me wrong I watch lots of shows that the characters never really have any meaningful relationships that's not the problem. Those shows are written well enough where you never notice and relationships aren't teased. TWD teases things but don't follow through and I think the fandom is tired and many have walked away.
    The thing w/ the smaller ships like Sasha/Bob, Sasha/Abe, Rosita/Abe, Tara/Denise, Carl/Enid etc. is that those characters are not part of any of the popular ships or even popular characters so nobody cares who they end up with or even if they end up single! The fan favorites are Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, and Carol. Within that group is the only canon couple Glenn/Maggie. There is a 0 percent chance that either of them will end up with anyone else. Even if one of them dies, it's unlikely. The rest of the 4 remaining characters are a part of ships that IMO are/were not romantically based: Richonne, Caryl, Bethyl. Based on what I've seen on the show and the interviews I've watched, I don't think they are planning to make Richonne and Caryl romantic. The thing with the actors' interviews though is that they don't want any hate towards them, so they tease all the pairings by leading the fans on! I've seen recently that the actors stopped "trolling" for the most part, but the damage has been done! The fans are not going to want anything except for those popular pairings!

    I just find it sad because there's wasted potential for other pairings like Dichonne, but that's the way fandom works! There's no such thing as friendhsips between opposite sex and same sex relationships on television lol!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac Fields View Post
    @Kuroko I also wanted to say that the opposition Dichonne and Michonne/Daryl gets is probably because this pairing goes against what people thought would happen but people need to realize that the writers didn't promise anybody anything.

    The show has had 3 show runners and many things have changed but some people are too hell bent on trying to be right instead of realizing that the writers do whatever they feel. The only thing set in stone is walkers and death.

    Eta: I was trying to find the perfect shoes so hopefully this doesn't sound jumbled.
    That is reality, but fandom entitlement trumps reality for fans! The fact that AMC promotes these popular pairings just points to the fact that they like to lead fans on! I noticed that Danai in recent interviews have stated that Richonne are just friends, but of course the fans will ignore that! Then we have AMC etc teasing the fans and it just sends a mixed message! Same thing with Caryl, although recently NR and MMB have stated that they don't control what may or may not happen.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Related Topics

  1. Bethyl General Discussion Part 25
    By Beatrice in forum Bethyl
    Replies: 924
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2018, 02:54 PM
  2. Bethyl General Discussion part 19
    By Jackson in forum Bethyl
    Replies: 1000
    Last Post: December 1st, 2014, 02:19 AM
  3. Bethyl General Discussion Part 18
    By Beatrice in forum Bethyl
    Replies: 1000
    Last Post: November 11th, 2014, 04:34 PM
  4. Bethyl General Discussion part 17
    By Jackson in forum Bethyl
    Replies: 996
    Last Post: October 31st, 2014, 08:38 PM
  5. Bethyl General Discussion part 16
    By Jackson in forum Bethyl
    Replies: 998
    Last Post: October 24th, 2014, 10:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.