1. Back To Top    #31
    Status
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroko View Post
    The thing w/ the smaller ships like Sasha/Bob, Sasha/Abe, Rosita/Abe, Tara/Denise, Carl/Enid etc. is that those characters are not part of any of the popular ships or even popular characters so nobody cares who they end up with or even if they end up single! The fan favorites are Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, and Carol. Within that group is the only canon couple Glenn/Maggie. There is a 0 percent chance that either of them will end up with anyone else. Even if one of them dies, it's unlikely. The rest of the 4 remaining characters are a part of ships that IMO are/were not romantically based: Richonne, Caryl, Bethyl. Based on what I've seen on the show and the interviews I've watched, I don't think they are planning to make Richonne and Caryl romantic. The thing with the actors' interviews though is that they don't want any hate towards them, so they tease all the pairings by leading the fans on! I've seen recently that the actors stopped "trolling" for the most part, but the damage has been done! The fans are not going to want anything except for those popular pairings!

I just find it sad because there's wasted potential for other pairings like Dichonne, but that's the way fandom works! There's no such thing as friendhsips between opposite sex and same sex relationships on television lol!
    This may be true and I always feel like if the writers could write something compelling then certain ships would be more acceptable and loved. A lot of canon couples happened too quickly. Just bam they're together.

Tptb didn't give the audience enough time to yearn for certain relationships so they may be viewed as meh. Then we have the larger ships which are still taking forever. Some say it was teased, trolled etc but will probably never happen because it might not of been meant to be canon or not until the end of the show?

I honestly feel like certain ships weren't meant to be seen that way but tptb just rolled with it because it got some people talking. I think tptb and actors are doing a better job now as far as shipping. Everyone thought one ship would be canon but something else happened instead and tptb and actors supported the script. That's just what it was and people just had to deal with it or move on. They were unapologetic about the way things played out.

People like Norman has said on the cruise he didn't want to call another relationship Daryl was being shipped in as siblings because those fans were getting upset. It's nice that he's considerate of those fans but suger coating things doesn't help things when people choose not to believe what he said before.

Norman shouldn't feel like he can't call things a certain way because "fans" get upset. The story is the story and I choose to give it 8 more episodes before I quit. At a certain point everyone has to choose if they want to continue to watch and how long they'll continue to be strung along hoping the writers will finally cave in.

In the end I hope tptb realize this is a old show. They may want to continue for decades but eventually everyone has their moment where they say enough and walk away. It's happened to all the long running shows so we'll see how things play out but I'm trying to be realistic in the fact that anything or nothing may happen.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    On a positive note Happy Birthday to Danai. I hope she has many more.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Level
    Great episode on Danai's birthday as well!
    Spoiler Spoiler:

- - - Updated - - -
    @Lilac Fields Great post, I have nothing to add to that! Anything is possible I suppose, who knows!

4. Back To Top    #34
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Level
    Daryl and Michonne MVP's of the episode, but when are they gonna get more interactions!? She should have been in the infirmary w/ Daryl and Denise lol The Spencer and Michonne interactions are really intriguing me, Enid may be involved as well!

5. Back To Top    #35
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Great episode on Danai's birthday as well!
    Spoiler Spoiler:

- - - Updated - - -
    @Lilac Fields Great post, I have nothing to add to that! Anything is possible I suppose, who knows!
    I'm looking forward to the scenes with Michonne and Spencer. I didn't think she would have stuff to do for 6.10 I just thought it would be mostly Rickyl and a few other scenes/characters thrown in so this is a nice surprise.

I loved the scene with the rocket launcher and lake of fire. Those scenes were well executed. I wish there was a moment in the infirmary but it was cool how everything ended. You had a blend of people waiting outside waiting to see if Carl and others were OK.

- - - Updated - - -

Daryl and Michonne MVP's of the episode, but when are they gonna get more interactions!? She should have been in the infirmary w/ Daryl and Denise lol The Spencer and Michonne interactions are really intriguing me, Enid may be involved as well!
    They were definitely MVPs tonight. I also enjoyed Abe, Father Gabriel as well as Denise in this episode. It would of been nice if the Wolf changed and stuck around. He would of made things interesting but oh well he's out of here along with The Andersons.

6. Back To Top    #36
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac Fields View Post
    I'm looking forward to the scenes with Michonne and Spencer. I didn't think she would have stuff to do for 6.10 I just thought it would be mostly Rickyl and a few other scenes/characters thrown in so this is a nice surprise.

I loved the scene with the rocket launcher and lake of fire. Those scenes were well executed. I wish there was a moment in the infirmary but it was cool how everything ended. You had a blend of people waiting outside waiting to see if Carl and others were OK.

- - - Updated - - -

They were definitely MVPs tonight. I also enjoyed Abe, Father Gabriel as well as Denise in this episode. It would of been nice if the Wolf changed and stuck around. He would of made things interesting but oh well he's out of here along with The Andersons.
    I liked the wold dude, he would have been cool to have around! Ugh so much fandumb going around, I'm staying out!

7. Back To Top    #37
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked the wold dude, he would have been cool to have around! Ugh so much fandumb going around, I'm staying out!
    I'm staying out also and the Wolf will be another lost potential. The actor was great so hopefully we'll see him in other things soon.

You know that moment in the infirmary reminded me a little bit of the "Crossed" episode. Michonne was standing near by holding Judith as Daryl got sewed up kinda like when Michonne was at the church door holding Judith while watching Daryl and he gave her that little nod.

I need to rewatch the episode because I can't remember if she looked in Daryl's direction but the moment reminded me of Gabriel's church for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

The Wolf/Benedict Samuel was in Childhood Ends (I think that's the name ) on the Syfy Channel. He had a bit part as a drug dealer. It would be nice if he appeared in more stuff. His Australian accent is nice in RL.

8. Back To Top    #38
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm staying out also and the Wolf will be another lost potential. The actor was great so hopefully we'll see him in other things soon.

You know that moment in the infirmary reminded me a little bit of the "Crossed" episode. Michonne was standing near by holding Judith as Daryl got sewed up kinda like when Michonne was at the church door holding Judith while watching Daryl and he gave her that little nod.

I need to rewatch the episode because I can't remember if she looked in Daryl's direction but the moment reminded me of Gabriel's church for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

The Wolf/Benedict Samuel was in Childhood Ends (I think that's the name ) on the Syfy Channel. He had a bit part as a drug dealer. It would be nice if he appeared in more stuff. His Australian accent is nice in RL.
    I'm not sure if she was looking at Daryl. I think she was looking off in more of a contemplative sort of way. When Abe came through the door they showed Denise treating Daryl and Maggie (I thought she was Enid at first lol!) Glenn was walking towards Maggie, and then it panned to Michonne holding Judith at a doorway or something. Then cutaway to Rick talking to Carl. I'm not sure if Michonne was even in the same room because the door in the background looks different than the one Abe went through lol!

That's a good catch that it reminded you of the church scene in season 5! I could see that! Those two always seem to be around each other, but they're never shown interacting on screen lol!

9. Back To Top    #39
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm not sure if she was looking at Daryl. I think she was looking off in more of a contemplative sort of way. When Abe came through the door they showed Denise treating Daryl and Maggie (I thought she was Enid at first lol!) Glenn was walking towards Maggie, and then it panned to Michonne holding Judith at a doorway or something. Then cutaway to Rick talking to Carl. I'm not sure if Michonne was even in the same room because the door in the background looks different than the one Abe went through lol!

https://49.media.tumblr.com/23e48c45...f7qio2_500.gif https://49.media.tumblr.com/46669e5e...dpsxo2_540.gif

That's a good catch that it reminded you of the church scene in season 5! I could see that! Those two always seem to be around each other, but they're never shown interacting on screen lol!
    Yeah that moment just reminded me of the church scene with Michonne at the door just taking in her surrounding and in deep thought while holding Judith. I couldn't tell if Michonne and Daryl were in the same room either. It looked like Daryl was in the living room and Michonne was by the outskirts because of the lamp.

It doesn't really matter. I'm just glad Daryl and Michonne were in the same space. Denise sewed Daryl up so maybe she'll take notice of his abuse scars and talk to him.

I'm amazed how far Daryl has come. In the past he would try to cover and hide the scars. Now Daryl's able to sit in a large room with a bunch of people with his back exposed. Daryl could of asked Denise to sew him up privately but he felt comfortable exposing himself to the group.

Even if Daryl and Denise never speak about his abuse I see the progress Daryl has made and that's a "W". Thanks for the gifs both Michonne and Daryl look great.

10. Back To Top    #40
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah that moment just reminded me of the church scene with Michonne at the door just taking in her surrounding and in deep thought while holding Judith. I couldn't tell if Michonne and Daryl were in the same room either. It looked like Daryl was in the living room and Michonne was by the outskirts because of the lamp.

It doesn't really matter. I'm just glad Daryl and Michonne were in the same space. Denise sewed Daryl up so maybe she'll take notice of his abuse scars and talk to him.

I'm amazed how far Daryl has come. In the past he would try to cover and hide the scars. Now Daryl's able to sit in a large room with a bunch of people with his back exposed. Daryl could of asked Denise to sew him up privately but he felt comfortable exposing himself to the group.

Even if Daryl and Denise never speak about his abuse I see the progress Daryl has made and that's a "W". Thanks for the gifs both Michonne and Daryl look great.
    Yes most definitely! Both Daryl and Michonne have shown tremendous character growth! It's done in a very natural way over long periods of time as well. I barely batted an eye at Michonne kissing Carl's forehead or Daryl letting Denise treat his back in a room full of people because that's just how great their character development has been! I wonder how it'll go in the next episodes. Daryl will seem to be a little darker, but how will Carl's injury affect Michonne if at all? Maybe nothing maybe something! I can't wait!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast