1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level

Dichonne: Speculation Part 1

Post all of your speculations here pertaining to Daryl and Michonne as they try to survive and thrive in the apocalypse.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Snatchin' up protein bars and cheese whiz
    Threads
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm intrigued as to what it means for them in that last episode. Why so secretive with those spoilers? Hmm...

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    It's like trying to crack Fort Knox. There's so many gaps in the story. I'm hoping by 6.09 we'll be able to get a clearer picture of the rest of the season.

I just want everything to make sense and the payoff to be very satisfying. I hope the conversation with Deanna wasn't just tptb building Michonne up for something then going no where with it. That would be extremely disappointing.

The one thing I'm not worried about is Daryl dying. I think it's safe to say that's not happening.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Level
    I wonder why Michonne specifically went out to look for Daryl in episode 15! Can't wait to see that! Michonne seems to be one of the few people who can get Daryl out of a funk and vice versa!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Level
    Haha I've never read this post before, very interesting!

While I’m not necessarily trying to hand out boarding passes for a new ship, I do have some curiosities after last night’s episode of The Walking Dead regarding Daryl and Michonne’s interaction that are triggering questions.
    Last night Michonne referenced Daryl giving her fleas, which first I was like “Ewww” and then “Huh- when dat happen?” - but they all live in close quarters, so hey fleas happen.
    Anyway, I kept it moving until we got to the scene at the car before they left the prison for the field trip to the Vet Hospital. Michonne says “So it’s going to be me and you like in the old days?" What fucking old days? When we left last season y'all barely had three scenes together. Add that to Daryl’s cryptic comments about Michonne "running off” and looking like he was gonna ask her to the 8th grade dance just smacks of some weird personal stuff, and Michonne knowing exactly where Daryl kept the oil for the car - which for a guy like Daryl is as good as having a key to his apartment.
    Then flashback to the Big Spot scene where Beth’s now dead boyfriend was trying to guess Daryl’s pre-Zombie Apocalypse occupation, which Michonne seemingly found highly entertaining because he was so wrong in his guesses. However, how the fuck would Michonne know that unless she and Daryl have had some pretty private conversations. Daryl and Michonne are hardly the most loquacious two people you’re going to meet, but it sounds like they have been yapping up a storm in the six months or so that are supposed to have passed since Season 2 ended.
    So I take all these somewhat subtle clues and come up with a strong WTF? It is now obvious that Michonne and Daryl have seriously upped their bonding time that hasn’t been shown on-screen yet, but to what level remains to be seen. And we already know Rick and Daryl are bromance for life, so its not like Daryl needed a new BFF. So what pray-tell has gone here? Maybe nothing. Maybe sumpin’ sumpin. Maybe in-between.

http://sabiasandbox.tumblr.com/post/...-backstory-wtf

It's interesting because to me the interactions between Michonne and Daryl especially while they were fixing the car seemed very personal/intimate to me! I think it would be safe to say some of the audience noticed this as well. Based on what was revealed on-screen it seems that Michonne and Daryl know each other very well, and I'm just confused as to why they introduced this relationship just to drop it in 4b after the prison fell! Daryl already has a brotp with Rick, so he didn't need one with Michonne despite some certain audiences trying to make it seem like one. To me this clearly seemed like a different type of relationship than a friendship.

The person's comments were just for episodes 1-3 of 4a. In the 4th episode we also saw Daryl and Michonne interacting even more with the Jasper stone thing and conversation towards the end of the episode where Michonne agreed to stop looking for the governor. One could say that those interactions were just a plot point in order to get Michonne to looking for the gov, but then why have Daryl be the one to talk to her? They could have used any of the other characters who she had a bond with like Rick or Carl or even Maggie! Again one could say it was because he was out with her looking for the gov between the break of seasons 3 and 4, but why even introduce such a storyline? Why did they specifically have Merle and Andrea the two people closest to Daryl and Michonne at the time both die towards the end of season 3? Why have it explicitly stated that Michonne and Daryl were out there looking for the governor together?

Flash forward to season 5, where the only interactions between them on screen were just a few smiles and head nods. Now I am a firm believer that no screen time is wasted on the show, so it's clear to me that the writers are showing that they have not forgotten this specific relationship. Michonne specifically was the one to greet Daryl when he returned from his Mission in 5.3, and Daryl was the one to specifically acknowledge Michonne before they went out on the mission to get Carol and Beth. It wasn't Tyreese or even Rick who were both there as well.

I believe for some reason the writers are holding back on really revealing this relationship as romantic, but the clues and signs are there! I think perhaps the timing is bad at the moment. The prison fell in the midseason finale of season 4 and since then, they've been out on the road trying to survive. They have barely been in Alexandria, and it's already being overrun by walkers. I think had the prison never been attacked, we would be seeing canon Dichonne! However things don't always work out like we hope, but I think we'll be seeing this relationship being developed on at some point in 6b and season 7.

Daryl and Michonne have history together, and I would rather see them be a couple than seeing them with newly introduced characters.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroko View Post
    I wonder why Michonne specifically went out to look for Daryl in episode 15! Can't wait to see that! Michonne seems to be one of the few people who can get Daryl out of a funk and vice versa!
    Agreed. Michonne says to Daryl that he shouldn't of left. It makes me wonder where they were at and what caused Daryl to leave. Michonne, Glenn and Rosita somehow end up looking for Daryl. I'm curious how it all comes about.

Then Michonne and Glenn somehow get captured with Daryl attempting to save them. Michonne will be one of the few women Daryl actually gets to save. So many people have died around Daryl. It will be nice to see him save someone all by himself.

I hear Daryl will be getting a little season 2 snarky. Can't wait!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Haha I've never read this post before, very interesting!

While I’m not necessarily trying to hand out boarding passes for a new ship, I do have some curiosities after last night’s episode of The Walking Dead regarding Daryl and Michonne’s interaction that are triggering questions.
    Last night Michonne referenced Daryl giving her fleas, which first I was like “Ewww” and then “Huh- when dat happen?” - but they all live in close quarters, so hey fleas happen.
    Anyway, I kept it moving until we got to the scene at the car before they left the prison for the field trip to the Vet Hospital. Michonne says “So it’s going to be me and you like in the old days?" What fucking old days? When we left last season y'all barely had three scenes together. Add that to Daryl’s cryptic comments about Michonne "running off” and looking like he was gonna ask her to the 8th grade dance just smacks of some weird personal stuff, and Michonne knowing exactly where Daryl kept the oil for the car - which for a guy like Daryl is as good as having a key to his apartment.
    Then flashback to the Big Spot scene where Beth’s now dead boyfriend was trying to guess Daryl’s pre-Zombie Apocalypse occupation, which Michonne seemingly found highly entertaining because he was so wrong in his guesses. However, how the fuck would Michonne know that unless she and Daryl have had some pretty private conversations. Daryl and Michonne are hardly the most loquacious two people you’re going to meet, but it sounds like they have been yapping up a storm in the six months or so that are supposed to have passed since Season 2 ended.
    So I take all these somewhat subtle clues and come up with a strong WTF? It is now obvious that Michonne and Daryl have seriously upped their bonding time that hasn’t been shown on-screen yet, but to what level remains to be seen. And we already know Rick and Daryl are bromance for life, so its not like Daryl needed a new BFF. So what pray-tell has gone here? Maybe nothing. Maybe sumpin’ sumpin. Maybe in-between.

http://sabiasandbox.tumblr.com/post/...-backstory-wtf

It's interesting because to me the interactions between Michonne and Daryl especially while they were fixing the car seemed very personal/intimate to me! I think it would be safe to say some of the audience noticed this as well. Based on what was revealed on-screen it seems that Michonne and Daryl know each other very well, and I'm just confused as to why they introduced this relationship just to drop it in 4b after the prison fell! Daryl already has a brotp with Rick, so he didn't need one with Michonne despite some certain audiences trying to make it seem like one. To me this clearly seemed like a different type of relationship than a friendship.

The person's comments were just for episodes 1-3 of 4a. In the 4th episode we also saw Daryl and Michonne interacting even more with the Jasper stone thing and conversation towards the end of the episode where Michonne agreed to stop looking for the governor. One could say that those interactions were just a plot point in order to get Michonne to looking for the gov, but then why have Daryl be the one to talk to her? They could have used any of the other characters who she had a bond with like Rick or Carl or even Maggie! Again one could say it was because he was out with her looking for the gov between the break of seasons 3 and 4, but why even introduce such a storyline? Why did they specifically have Merle and Andrea the two people closest to Daryl and Michonne at the time both die towards the end of season 3? Why have it explicitly stated that Michonne and Daryl were out there looking for the governor together?

Flash forward to season 5, where the only interactions between them on screen were just a few smiles and head nods. Now I am a firm believer that no screen time is wasted on the show, so it's clear to me that the writers are showing that they have not forgotten this specific relationship. Michonne specifically was the one to greet Daryl when he returned from his Mission in 5.3, and Daryl was the one to specifically acknowledge Michonne before they went out on the mission to get Carol and Beth. It wasn't Tyreese or even Rick who were both there as well.

I believe for some reason the writers are holding back on really revealing this relationship as romantic, but the clues and signs are there! I think perhaps the timing is bad at the moment. The prison fell in the midseason finale of season 4 and since then, they've been out on the road trying to survive. They have barely been in Alexandria, and it's already being overrun by walkers. I think had the prison never been attacked, we would be seeing canon Dichonne! However things don't always work out like we hope, but I think we'll be seeing this relationship being developed on at some point in 6b and season 7.

Daryl and Michonne have history together, and I would rather see them be a couple than seeing them with newly introduced characters.
    Amen! Amen! I love this post. I agree it felt very unnecessary for the writers to set certain things up the way they did. Certain things were left unanswered and to me it's like a way to reestablish the relationship if the writers chose to do so.

The smoking gun for me was the moonshine shack and the mentioning of Michonnes name a few times in 4b between Daryl and Beth. The audience really didn't need to know Daryl found the cabin with Michonne. It left people wondering what happened there and also how did Daryl and Michonne get so close? The writers can always get back to it and answer these questions. Maybe something happened already between them but Michonne wasn't ready back then?

We gotta watch to see what happens next and that persons meta was very accurate. I asked myself the same questions too.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac Fields View Post
    Amen! Amen! I love this post. I agree it felt very unnecessary for the writers to set certain things up the way they did. Certain things were left unanswered and to me it's like a way to reestablish the relationship if the writers chose to do so.

The smoking gun for me was the moonshine shack and the mentioning of Michonnes name a few times in 4b between Daryl and Beth. The audience really didn't need to know Daryl found the cabin with Michonne. It left people wondering what happened there and also how did Daryl and Michonne get so close? The writers can always get back to it and answer these questions. Maybe something happened already between them but Michonne wasn't ready back then?

We gotta watch to see what happens next and that persons meta was very accurate. I asked myself the same questions too.
    Exactly! Why mention that he found the shack "with Michonne"? They could have easily wrote something like "I found this while searching for the governor" or something else! Not only did it remind the audience that Daryl spent a lot of time together with Michonne, but it also makes the audience wonder just exactly what happened during their trip? It's all very carefully calculated that I just can't help but feel like tptb are keeping the nature of their relationship ambiguous on purpose!

- - - Updated - - -

Or this could be totally wrong, and there's nothing going on between them just another friendship lol! I'm gonna go with the other speculation though until proven otherwise!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Exactly! Why mention that he found the shack "with Michonne"? They could have easily wrote something like "I found this while searching for the governor" or something else! Not only did it remind the audience that Daryl spent a lot of time together with Michonne, but it also makes the audience wonder just exactly what happened during their trip? It's all very carefully calculated that I just can't help but feel like tptb are keeping the nature of their relationship ambiguous on purpose!

- - - Updated - - -

Or this could be totally wrong, and there's nothing going on between them just another friendship lol! I'm gonna go with the other speculation though until proven otherwise!
    That's the beauty of it all. Enough seeds were planted along the way for the writers to go back and explore what happened during the hunt for The Governor. It's a unanswered question. I also wonder about the flea exchange. How did that happen, lol?

I'm really hoping that as Michonne speaks to Daryl in 6.15 she'll bring up their history somehow. That would be awesome.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac Fields View Post
    That's the beauty of it all. Enough seeds were planted along the way for the writers to go back and explore what happened during the hunt for The Governor. It's a unanswered question. I also wonder about the flea exchange. How did that happen, lol?

I'm really hoping that as Michonne speaks to Daryl in 6.15 she'll bring up their history somehow. That would be awesome.
    It would be nice if she brings up the past to Daryl, but I wouldn't be disappointed if she didn't! I like how the relationship is somewhat mysterious like the characters themselves! There's a lot that we don't get to see and just have to think "How did that happen?". I just hope and think that the relationship will continue to develop at some point unless of course there's a small chance one or both of them dies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast