Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level

Lauren Cohan Reveals Which Scene Almost Made Her Quit

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-made-her-quit
    Lauren Cohan Reveals Which Scene Almost Made Her Quit
    January 29, 2016

During her appearance on "Inside the Actors Studio," "The Walking Dead" star Lauren Cohan shared which episode made her want to want to leave the show and why she resolved to stay.

"The script where Maggie has to give the character Laurie a C-section to save the baby that becomes baby Judith," Cohan shared. "We all live in the same apartment building -- we're ridiculously incestuous in this cast -- so I go two doors down and I knock on Steven [Yuen]'s door and I said, 'I have to leave the show. I don't think I can do it.' It affects you so deeply to the core to dive into so much of this material, and that's when I realized that's why I have to do it, because the outcome of that -- as heinous and as sleeplessly that affected me, and I'm sure that affected people who watched it -- we watch to feel and to hopefully, honestly portray something."

"Bad stuff happens, and what's the point in not getting real about it," she continued. "Ironically enough, as hot as this is, the deeper you go into it, you just have to let all that resistance go and then it's easier."

"I always feel like a rattlesnake coming out of its skin because you just lost a part of yourself that ended up being something you really didn't want that ended up being a barrier or a defense," she added.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    Really Lauren

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1745 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar1 View Post
    You made me giggle because i was thinking the same thing.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar1 View Post

LOL

I wasn't expeting it either. There'd been scenes much more gore and brutal physically and emotionally, but if it is the one that affected LC the most... well then.
    I thought she was going to say the one with the Governor in which she was half naked and her character probably thought she was going to be raped and tortured. I don't even want to imagine how it would be getting into that role in that moment.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1745 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Izz View Post
    LOL

I wasn't expeting it either. There'd been scenes much more gore and brutal physically and emotionally, but if it is the one that affected LC the most... well then.
    I thought she was going to say the one with the Governor in which she was half naked and her character probably thought she was going to be raped and tortured. I don't even want to imagine how it would be getting into that role in that moment.
    That is the one that i was thinking too.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level

really Cohan, out of EVERYTHING this show has done the c-section is what made you wanna leave? GTFO. If I was Steven and she came to me and said that I'd be like "Alright see ya!" It is a fucking TV Show. This isn't real, none of it. Unless Lauren has had a family member who had a c-section and that family member died while getting said c-section why the fuck would she feel she has to leave the show over something so trivial that isn't even real. You didn't actually give Sarah Wayne Callies a c-section get over it Lauren.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    I love that the show makes her that emotional. It shows she's genuine and cares about the story and her character. That was after all one of the hardest scenes to watch and it was very well done by Lauren, Sarah and Chandler. I admire her honesty.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    To be fair, that scene is very hard to watch. SWC in particular is just fantastic and completely devastating, so I'm sure that it was actually very affecting and emotional to film. The actors come out with so much rubbish that it's easy to be cynical, and god know's that's my default setting, but I do believe Lauren here.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Level
    I can sort of understand. It's a rough scene if you think about it conceptually (performances aside, since it's BEYOND INTENSE when you factor that in), and Maggie is basically "killing" Lori, even if she herself is advocating for it to save the baby. One of those actions/roles that you might not imagine you'd be signing on for a zombie show, lol. But I'm glad she powered through it. :')

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Makes sense to me. That scene is still one of the saddest of the series IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast