Thread: The Radio

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level

The Radio

Thoughts/hopes/predictions on where the message is coming from?

I'm thinking the person on the other end is military. I think Eugene will tell everyone that the radio is working, they won't believe him because of his lie earlier in the story, and he gets ignored. Something (the fall of Alexandria/Hilltop/Kingdom) forces several members of the group on the road again and they choose to follow the radio after hearing it for themselves. I think, geographically speaking, it will bring them to the midwest or west, maybe Pennsylvania, Ohio, or Indiana.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    They lose the war to The Whisperers. Carl and few others follow the radio to a group with a cure, maybe.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    The worst case scenario is if the working radio turns out to be nothing more than a mental projection of Eugene's guilt.

Most likely, I see it being the tool that brings about the ultimate defeat of The Whisperers.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    Voice is probably real....the next threat after the Whisperers.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravelord View Post
    The worst case scenario is if the working radio turns out to be nothing more than a mental projection of Eugene's guilt.
    Extremely scared of this because I think it's very possible. That being said I would hope he's over the guilt of lying to them about Washington by now because that was so long ago and so much has happened to him/the group since then. Not to mention he's clearly been forgiven long ago. So I'm really holding out hope that it's real, but other than what others have said in this thread I'm not sure what it could lead to. It's either got to be help for The Whisperers or the next major villain, right?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I hope its not the next major villain, kind of getting stale just going from one war to another now somethings needed to separate the next War. I'm hoping for the loss of the communitys so the group have to move on they decide to travel to the radio broadcast location with promise of a cure only when they get there the place has been over run and the cure destroyed, maybe with one scientist hanging on to life to explain how the cure was created giving the group a mission to get things for eguene to replicate the cure

- - - Updated - - -

I realise as I wrote that the whole ending of TWD story could be where Eugene does find a cure saving the world thus fulfilling his mission from when he lied about getting to Washington. Like a Darth Vader bringing balance to the Force

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    I tried to post this on another thread but it didn't post. My friend and I had this interesting idea:

Rick and his army strike at the Whisperers in an attempt to kill Alpha which in unsuccessful but provokes war.

The Whisperers take out the Hilltop, Sanctuary and Kingdom en route to Alexandria. Major death being Maggie in a final stand against The Whisperers at Hilltop.

The Saviors want to abandon Alexandria but Rick realizes he can't afford to lose more soldiers while facing the Whisperers. He tries to get Dwight to gain control over the Saviors but he is unable to. In a last ditch effort to prevent them from leaving he releases Negan who convinces the saviors to stay and fight.

Eugene tells the group about radio and another group who could come to their aid.

Alpha leads the whisperers in an attack on Alexandria, several named characters die including Dwight, Gabriel, Heath, Vincent, Yumiko, Paula, Mikey, and Pete. Negan leads the saviors who temporarily hold the whisperers and their herd back. Dwight drops Lucille in Battle and Negan claims her. Alpha tries to take out Negan with her Machete but he kills her with Lucille.

Alexandria is going to fall and Rick orders those who can to escape. Eugene has devised explosives and plants them all over Alexandria. After many survivors have escaped, explosions ring off in Alexandria killing a lot of the whisperers and their herd.

Survivors including Rick, Carl, Lydia, Jesus, Andrea, Michonne, Negan, Aaron, Siddiq, Carson, Eugene, Dante, Eduardo, Magna, Kelly, Connie and a couple unnamed survivors are forced to go on the road. Eugene has coordinates given to him by the voice on the radio and the group moves in that direction.

Rick doesn't trust Negan on the road but isn't willing to kill him. He sends him away, two saviors go with Negan. The saviors attack Rick sometime when he is alone and Negan shows up. Negan kills both saviors to show Rick that he can trust him. Rick says he can be with the group but Rick will be keeping an eye on him and he can't have any weapons. Negan turns over his guns to Rick and Rick walks away. Lucille is leaning up against a tree hiding behind him.

After trouble on the road, the group finally reaches the coordinates, a large field. A stranger yells at them from a distance saying to lay on the ground. They don't and a shot rings out and hits one of them in the side. They all get down reluctantly and a truck approaches. They're blindfolded and taken away

Meet large military force and officer says they are sweeping across the nation taking it back from the dead. They have a major city (Pittsburg, Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis maybe) under control and are stationed there. The group travels with military unit to base and helps eliminating walker along the way.

Arrive at city with strong defenses where they split the group up to be assigned roles. Rick doesn’t trust system but wants it to work. The Army officer gives several of them strong grades saying they can be useful to the military including Negan, Jesus, Michonne, and a couple others. He deems the others to be weaker and unable.

Eugene and Doctor Carter are recruited as scientists. Assigned to building called the Laboratory. Eugene walks into room where they are experimenting on walkers in search for a cure. Separate rooms have other tests but Carson and Eugene are limited to where they can go.

Eugene Sneaks into another room where he finds one of the survivors (Jesus) who were deemed stronger by the military officer tied down and being experimented on. He puts then out of their misery and tells Rick who confronts the leader.

The leader reveals that to stay in power they need the walkers to control the world and so they take in anyone who might be a threat to them (physically able) and turn them into walkers to replace the rotting and dying ones that make up the majority

His soldiers take Rick away to be experimented on in the Laboratory. Cliffhanger.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think Alexandria is going to fall any time soon. They spent way too much on world building and showing how all the communities work together to have it fall now. Besides that's what comics are supposed to be about at this point, right? Rebuilding the civilization. Kirkman isn't going to destroy Alexandria and have them move again.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it is really cool that he found a radio. I think there will be something positive to it. It would be a nice parallel to Eugene's deception earlier. This time, his radio will be of some help.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kordas View Post
    I don't think Alexandria is going to fall any time soon. They spent way too much on world building and showing how all the communities work together to have it fall now. Besides that's what comics are supposed to be about at this point, right? Rebuilding the civilization. Kirkman isn't going to destroy Alexandria and have them move again.
    See, personally, I think he would. He has stated in interviews that he wants the whole thing to end with the living beating the dead but do we think Alexandria is capable of that? While I've grown attached to Alexandria and don't want to see all of Rick's hard work destroyed, I think Kirkman wants to bring the characters back to surviving and to do that you need to eliminate Alexandria/the group's home.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast