Thread: Upcoming Deaths

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level

Upcoming Deaths

I feel like I'm hearing a lot of people think they're going to lose the war to the Whisperers? If so what happens next? Who dies in the war? Any notables?

I think it would be really interesting if they lost the war and were forced to evacuate Alexandria/Hilltop/Kingdom/Wherever the final stand is and Negan survived. The dynamic between him and Rick and what the group chose to do with him would be really interesting.

Thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    At this point a big name has to die against the Whisperers. The fact that no one important besides maybe Denise and I guess you could say Holly, died. And the thing is, there aren't many 'big' names left.

It all comes down to the same old group and tons of background characters.

I'd love a 'Rick and Negan on the road' arc to be honest. But I'm not sure it would work.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Level
    That would be an unexpected twist indeed. I would actually prefer that to be honest, I don't think anyone would expect Rick and the other communities to lose against the Whisperers at this point.

As for deaths, I have no clue where they're going with it. For all I know even Rick might die and Carl takes over, which I wouldn't really mind right now to be honest. It would be very sad, but I wouldn't mind it either. It's time to pass the torch.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    I think its headed toward the point where Rick is going to have to let Negan lose to help in the fight against the Whisperers. Maybe with Dwight not wanting to lead, they lose ties to the Saviors and Rick is forced to release Negan in order to boost their Morale and keep them for the fight against the whisperers. Honestly is there anyway Negan can earn Rick's trust enough to be welcome in the group? Probably not. But the closest he could get is fighting alongside Rick and maybe saving his/Andrea's/Carl's life at some point.

If they lose to the Whisperers I see there being a mass culling of characters. Honestly they can;t expect to survive on the road with 25 + characters so I'm expecting some big deaths. Maybe a Maggie or Jesus soon.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    By the time issue 175 releases (I assume The Whisperers arc will have wrapped up by this time) I expect the following to be K.I.A.:

- either Aaron or Heath (whoever Kirkman likes the least here)
    - Lydia
    - Alpha
    - either Andrea or Rick (one out of the two of them will be the arc's "big death")
    - Sherry or Laura to develop Dwight (disposable women trope in full effect)
    - Maggie, Jesus and Dante are all possible as well; however, I feel as though Jesus could survive past issue 200 just due to the fact we know so little about him

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    That would be an unexpected twist indeed. I would actually prefer that to be honest, I don't think anyone would expect Rick and the other communities to lose against the Whisperers at this point.

As for deaths, I have no clue where they're going with it. For all I know even Rick might die and Carl takes over, which I wouldn't really mind right now to be honest. It would be very sad, but I wouldn't mind it either. It's time to pass the torch.
    Carl would make a terrible main protagonist replacement. No one wants to follow an angsty adolescent in a zombie apocalypse. If Rick dies, Carl should die with him.

I'd rather see Magna take over if Kirkman ever decides its time to move on from Rick.

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Eugene. I don't care if his brain makes him valuable to surviving the apocalypse. There's no way he's not going to bite it soon.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpus View Post
    Carl would make a terrible main protagonist replacement. No one wants to follow an angsty adolescent in a zombie apocalypse. If Rick dies, Carl should die with him.

I'd rather see Magna take over if Kirkman ever decides its time to move on from Rick.

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Eugene. I don't care if his brain makes him valuable to surviving the apocalypse. There's no way he's not going to bite it soon.
    I'm not sure about that to be honest. Carl seems to be growing into adult life faster and faster the past couple of issues. He lacks the experience, true, but he's a hardass nonetheless. He knows how to handle himself when he's cornered into dangerous scenarios. I think he could lead a group of people like the Saviors, BUT -- He would need someone like Dwight on his side. He's still too young to do this by himself.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Andrea honestly feels like a spare part at this point, and one that would fulfill the need for a major death. The only thing is I'm not sure if killing another one of Rick's love interests runs that into the ground, but if he's basically numb to her death it could show a little bit of further progression for him.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomis210 View Post
    At this point a big name has to die against the Whisperers. The fact that no one important besides maybe Denise and I guess you could say Holly, died. And the thing is, there aren't many 'big' names left.

It all comes down to the same old group and tons of background characters.

I'd love a 'Rick and Negan on the road' arc to be honest. But I'm not sure it would work.
    Wait, Rosita and Ezekiel aren't considered "big names" to you? But you're right, there's not many big names left. Which is why I think Eugene's a goner.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    Ezekiel was definitely getting up there but Rosita had just been a character that was there. She really never did much other than exist.

I think you've gotta kill off a long lasting character soon. Do something big. If it were me I'd have the Whisperers destroy Hilltop and Maggie go down with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast