Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 33 of 33
  1. Back To Top    #31
    Status
    Offline
    Lookout MargotM.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Data Loop
    Posts
    423
    Threads
    8
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Points
    547
    Level
    12
    I'll take this thread as a general TWD fanfic discussion thread...here's my say on fanfics overall.


    'Alpha/Omega dynamics' is the weirdest trope I have ever encountered - and I'm a sick twisted fuck that reads everything yet mpreg disturbs me the most.

    My question is: what is it with young girls and their obsession with male pregnancy? Why? What's appealing about having babies in the first place? Is it a preggo fetish? Also...why always pregnant!Daryl?? Why god why??

    At least A/O has an explanation as to how males get pregnant, but "normal" mpreg stories? How does that work? Does the colon get pregnant? Where'd the egg come from? Do you poop it out? Why does no one ever in these stories question how this GUY got knocked up? These are all important questions.

    In summation, mpreg is where I draw the line (though I did read a Mass Effect mpreg story once) mostly cause it's just too fucking much. I also disdain OOC-ness and bad grammar. Also OCs...in other words: self insert characters created solely for the purpose of fucking the main character...not always of course, sometimes they are cool, but still: in TWD you have a plethora of blank-ass characters you can use as templates.

    Another trope I absolutely cannot stomach is Celebrity fics - stories with real life people fucking other people...mostly the autho-I mean Mary S-I mean OCs. Or you know - their coworkers.

    In TWD fanfics I like Caryl, but not much because the characters are almost always OOC and I'm not ok with that; Carrick too is wonderful, shame there aren't more stories; Shane/Daryl is surprisingly good; parody fics if they are decent.

    As for the questions posted:

    1. If people like reading "dead Lori/mourning Rick" stories, why not LoRick?...Because boring. Popular trope that leads to comfort sex from any character of your choosing. No one actively ships these two :P

    2. If you don't kiss Michonne's ass, are you a racist? ...Where the fuck does this keep coming from? Also no.

    3. If you write stories that don't portray Michonne as anything less than Superwoman, are you a racist?... For fuck's sake. NO.


    P.S. Another good source of fanfics is LiveJournal, though you gotta do some scrolling. Also, the stories are fairly short, so it's a nice short time-killer.

  2. Back To Top    #32
    Status
    Offline
    Walker fangurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    34
    Threads
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Points
    161
    Level
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MargotM. View Post
    I'll take this thread as a general TWD fanfic discussion thread...here's my say on fanfics overall.




    'Alpha/Omega dynamics' is the weirdest trope I have ever encountered - and I'm a sick twisted fuck that reads everything yet mpreg disturbs me the most.

    If you really want these questions answered (you totally may not lol) this is all you'll ever need to know about that genre. It's pretty funny.
    http://archiveofourown.org/works/403644/chapters/665489


    Quote Originally Posted by MargotM. View Post
    My question is: what is it with young girls and their obsession with male pregnancy? Why? What's appealing about having babies in the first place? Is it a preggo fetish? Also...why always pregnant!Daryl?? Why god why??

    Oh, there's definitely some pregnant!Rick too, and Glenn as well -I even came across a Shane mpreg recently. Most times it seems like chicks get off on having their fave male characters share their pain, so to speak. Not sure why, but considering all the other kinks in fanfiction, it's one of the tamer tropes. Not a judgement --I've read and enjoyed all kinds of crazy shit.


    Quote Originally Posted by MargotM. View Post
    At least A/O has an explanation as to how males get pregnant, but "normal" mpreg stories? How does that work? Does the colon get pregnant? Where'd the egg come from? Do you poop it out? Why does no one ever in these stories question how this GUY got knocked up? These are all important questions.

    They totally poop them out ! I mean, what other orifice is available ? Some fics actually do make mpreg full of body horror and shock, those are the better ones, in my opinion. Then again, I've never been pregnant so maybe I relate to those more.


    Quote Originally Posted by MargotM. View Post
    In summation, mpreg is where I draw the line (though I did read a Mass Effect mpreg story once) mostly cause it's just too fucking much. I also disdain OOC-ness and bad grammar. Also OCs...in other words: self insert characters created solely for the purpose of fucking the main character...not always of course, sometimes they are cool, but still: in TWD you have a plethora of blank-ass characters you can use as templates.



    This explains most of Bethyl fanfic to me -better than an OC, but usually not by much.


    Quote Originally Posted by MargotM. View Post
    Another trope I absolutely cannot stomach is Celebrity fics - stories with real life people fucking other people...mostly the autho-I mean Mary S-I mean OCs. Or you know - their coworkers.

    Or when they're fucking eachother -there's a lot of Andy/Norman stuff out there lol


    Quote Originally Posted by MargotM. View Post
    In TWD fanfics I like Caryl, but not much because the characters are almost always OOC and I'm not ok with that; Carrick too is wonderful, shame there aren't more stories; Shane/Daryl is surprisingly good; parody fics if they are decent.

    Shane/Daryl (Sharyl !) is my not-so-guilty pleasure ! I've read it all, and wrote some of it. I admit, I can't comment much on Caryl and Carrick, because I mostly read slash. But surprisingly, a lot of slash (outside of the fucking lol) isn't always that OOC.


    Quote Originally Posted by MargotM. View Post
    As for the questions posted:


    1. If people like reading "dead Lori/mourning Rick" stories, why not LoRick?...Because boring. Popular trope that leads to comfort sex from any character of your choosing. No one actively ships these two :P


    2. If you don't kiss Michonne's ass, are you a racist? ...Where the fuck does this keep coming from? Also no.


    3. If you write stories that don't portray Michonne as anything less than Superwoman, are you a racist?... For fuck's sake. NO.

    Totally agree with you on all these points.
    There also seems to be a weird tension between some Richonne shippers and Rickyl shippers at the moment -as if Rickyl shippers are somehow racist for not being down with Richonne when in reality it's just a split between people who prefer slash and those that don't, and liked Rick single because it's better for plotting their slash fics ! Although any Rickylers that really thought their ship had a chance in canon are hitting a crack pipe. I love Richonne in canon, but I'll keep writing Rickyl even if Darcille becomes a thing !




    Quote Originally Posted by MargotM. View Post
    P.S. Another good source of fanfics is LiveJournal, though you gotta do some scrolling. Also, the stories are fairly short, so it's a nice short time-killer.



    For easy searching of pairings and genres, AO3 has the best search function, in my opinion.


    And for any fellow pervs out there, TWD has 2 kinkmemes (the first is on LiveJournal but is no longer moderated) :


    http://twd-kinkmeme.livejournal.com/




    http://twd-kinkmeme-redux.dreamwidth.org/

  3. Back To Top    #33
    Status
    Offline
    Lori Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    My office
    Posts
    4
    Threads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Points
    38
    Level
    2
    I'm trying to find good fics with Michonne but most of them are of her being raped or AUs. I don't really ship Richonne so it's kind of hard..I did find some good Dixonne stuff though.

    I have also been trying to look into fics that explore the Governor/Philip's sick fascination with Queen Michonne, but no luck there. And there are only two Negan/Michonne fics, one of which is a non-con/rape one, and I really am not down for that kind of shit.

    Any recs? Or maybe we can start some Walking Dead/Michonne fanfic challenges?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Related Topics

  1. A Question
    By Jedi-Master-Aurora in forum TS-19
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: April 17th, 2014, 08:32 AM
  2. question?
    By SliceyDicey in forum General TWD Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: April 26th, 2013, 10:19 AM

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.