Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBaby View Post
    1. If people like reading "dead Lori/mourning Rick" stories, why not LoRick?
    2. If you don't kiss Michonne's ass, are you a racist?
    3. If you write stories that don't portray Michonne as anything less than Superwoman, are you a racist?
    Ah! Questions!

1. I haven't read any LoRick fictions because I didn't care much for Lori and then she died. The whole time that she was on the show, Lori and Rick didn't have much of a relationship. She thought he died, she had sex with Shane, Rick found them and the happiness lasted for about 5 second. So I didn't ship them, I don't read LoRick fan fics and I've never even stopped to think about Lorick fan fics, but I would assume that they exist and that some readers love them.

2. I don't think that if someone don't kiss Michonne's arse, that means they are racist. My interest in her character has fluctuated through the seasons and I'm certainly not racist. Although it is obvious from comments that I have read online that there are people who don't like Michonne solely because she is black. So yes, there are racists who don't like Michonne because of their racism, but no, just because someone doesn't like her, it doesn't mean that they are racist.

3. If you write stories that don't portray Michonne as anything less than Superwoman, are you a racist? No. It doesn't mean that. But personally, I like to read fan fictions where the characters are written true to themselves. I don't like it when the characters are too out-of-character. So in fan fics, I expect Michonne to act the same way she would on the show. And on the show, she is kickass. So I wouldn't like to read a fan fiction where she's all whimpy and can't take care of herself.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I like parody fic myself.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Level
    3. If you write stories that don't portray Michonne as anything less than Superwoman, are you a racist?
    1. I'm not sure about the whole Rick/Lori thing. All I see in Caryl fanfictions though is good praise for Lori :)
    2. Nope. I'm a big fan of Michonne, but people who don't like her aren't racist. Of course, there are always racists people in fandom, but it's wrong to just pin that label on someone for not liking a character.
    We all have characters we just don't like. It's just the way it is sometimes. Often, there doesn't even need to be a reason, only that a character rubs you the wrong way. I'd use this same argument for everyone else too.
    3. Same again, nope. I'm not sure why you are curios about these questions, but if people are going around pulling the race card on people who aren't racist just cos they don't like a certain character, then that's not fair and they ought to grow up and understand there's such a thing as an "opinion".

We cant all like everything. But what we can do is respect one another and I hope people in fandom who don't like Michonne, and similarly those that do like her, can learn to respect each others opinions,

:)

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    I like parody fic myself.
    And you and @Nimbus sure write some crazy-funny parody fics. You could see the potential of Abuela and make her the developed character she deserves to be, thank you.

For TWD I prefer to read fics that focus on canon friendships that are pretty amazing, like Michonne-Carl, Carick, Cyreese, Rickyl, Caryl...
    As with the show, fics that focus on romantic relationships are not of my interest, not even the Carick ones (those are a bit better written IMO). Those fics tend to get the female pregnant, the male overprotective and jelaous while the female is happy about those less than pleasant behaviours, many characters are written OOC just to please the certain ship...

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    1.) I read Caryl and it has loads and loads of Lorick goodness and in Richonne it would just not make sense unless it's AU and still she's written quite respectfully along with Lorick.
    2.)No, if you're sure your intentions are clearly not racist then you're not a racist
    Simple
    3.)In many Caryl fanfics she's not portrayed so if she's not affecting the plot it's k
    But if it's Richonne and she doesn't appear or portrayed in her true form then it would not be a Richonne fanfic which I like to read lol
    \(^<>^)/

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izz View Post
    And you and @Nimbus sure write some crazy-funny parody fics. You could see the potential of Abuela and make her the developed character she deserves to be, thank you.

For TWD I prefer to read fics that focus on canon friendships that are pretty amazing, like Michonne-Carl, Carick, Cyreese, Rickyl, Caryl...
    As with the show, fics that focus on romantic relationships are not of my interest, not even the Carick ones (those are a bit better written IMO). Those fics tend to get the female pregnant, the male overprotective and jelaous while the female is happy about those less than pleasant behaviours, many characters are written OOC just to please the certain ship...
    If you're not caught up on it, I think you'll really enjoy what Lizzie recently did.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by skhskh View Post
    Fanfiction is my saviour; there's so many talented writers and many write stories better than published novels imo.
    I'm a Caryl shipper, but I'll basically read anyting Carol based. In fact, there are some Carol/Rick and even Carol/Tyreese stories floating around :) YAYY for ma crackships! <3

The weirdest one I ever stumbled across was something where Daryl is pregnant with Glenns' baby.Something like that. Yeah. Fair to say that one was fucked up.
    Lol, I remember hearing about that one. It did sound odd... I still giggle thinking about it. I wanna how how it turned out in the end.. My question was never answered though..... how did he give birth!?

To keep-ish on the subject-ish of this thread.. I've read a few fics. They were short stories, and very well written too!

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level

Maybe they want to read about Rick grieving and finding a new relationship, or maybe never finding one.
    Lori is currently still dead in both the comics and TV show, so maybe they want a current storyline? I don't know but I've seen fanfiction with Lori still alive. You can always write your own, you know!

Nope. I think it's smart to write fanfiction primarily about characters you do like, rather then the ones you don't. I think it would be easier. I don't like Eugene or Father Gabriel that much so I don't waste my time talking or writing about them...get over it.

Are you worried about being called a racist? I don't get it because, you are clearly not one, so why does it irk you. Don't be bothered by strangers opinions of you-because they don't know you. If you want to portray her as a bum or whatever, you can do that. It's ok to hate Michonne, FG, or Morgan -any other non-white characters- for your own reasons.

But if you are a racist, be assured that no one cares. @WalkerBaby

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I didn't find a question in your post, either; but I'll respond by describing my preference.

I don't read much fan fiction, but when I do it's Bethyl. Of those, I don't read anything that strays from the characters as canon to the show. I don't read anything that describes itself as "cute". I don't read anything that is AU because I simply can't, and don't want to, imagine the two characters encountering each other outside of the ZA universe.
    This. Only replace Bethyl with Caryl. Unless I'm looking for pure smut (sometimes even then) I can't handle OOC-ness, but my number one criteria is that it can't be AU. If I look at the fic description and I see AU, I skip it.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level
    Thank you all. Now,........which stories are good....which ones should I avoid? I'm a LoRick shipper (just saw a trailer for SWC's new movie and it looks awesome). I'll always be a Lorick...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast