Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level

The Division - Anyone Playing This Yet?

I have not bought my copy yet as the only game I have pre-ordered so far this year is Uncharted 4 but I really want to give The Division a shot.

I know Ubisoft is infamous for promising a wealth of online content and then having most of it be cut out upon release but I'm still willing to give the game a shot. I should be getting my copy sometime later this week when I get paid.

My question to the users here who have played it, what are your thoughts so far? Does it live up to the trailers and the early gameplay footage? And to anyone else thinking of playing it, what are you thoughts on the game and why are you excited to play it?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    I grabbed it yesterday, but only played it for an hour or so, so I don't have a great opinion of it. It looks really well done, and the gameplay has been good so far. I only played through the first few missions though.

They don't explain a whole lot to you, just kinda throw you into it. I've been waiting a while for this one though, so I'm pretty pumped to play it some more tonight.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Level
    I have it for Xbox One and I'm really enjoying it. I've only logged on one night's worth of gameplay, but I'm looking forward to getting home from work right now to play some more.

Xbox Live ID is....wait for it.....Whargoul923 (so original, I know). If you get it and want to venture into the Dark Zone to purge, hit me up.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    i saw the Trailer and learned that a Virus gets out and The Division goes out to Kill the Infected, right?... But i saw the Infected fighting with Guns & Flame Throwers against The Division... So what are those that are Infected?... i guess they are NOT Zombies, right?, lol ...☺...

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostie View Post
    i saw the Trailer and learned that a Virus gets out and The Division goes out to Kill the Infected, right?... But i saw the Infected fighting with Guns & Flame Throwers against The Division... So what are those that are Infected?... i guess they are NOT Zombies, right?, lol ...☺...
    I'm still not 100% on the story, as they don't tell you a lot. I'm probably 5 or 6 hours in, and I've been fighting humans only. There are groups of antagonists, like Cleaners, who are supposed to burn anyone who looks infected, and looters.

There is a virus that has been released, and the Division is the force that's supposed to be restoring order in Manhattan.

I'm on PS4, and my handle is hoogie52. It's a good game so far. It gets better as you get into it more.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    I'm still not 100% on the story, as they don't tell you a lot. I'm probably 5 or 6 hours in, and I've been fighting humans only. There are groups of antagonists, like Cleaners, who are supposed to burn anyone who looks infected, and looters.

There is a virus that has been released, and the Division is the force that's supposed to be restoring order in Manhattan.

I'm on PS4, and my handle is hoogie52. It's a good game so far. It gets better as you get into it more.
    Hey Thanks for the Info... i was just curious...maybe later in the game, The Division will encounter real life Zombies after the Virus takes affect, lol... the game looks awesome but im not a gamer...i just Love to watch Playthroughs of Great games so i can know what the hell everyone is talking about, lol... have fun playing ...☺...

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    The Governor's Eyepatch verytallmidget's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Level
    love the game but it is only enjoyable in a full party.

Dark zone is fun as hell, but only lasts a small time

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    It's funny how the experience totally changes when you're in a party. I haven't loved it so far. The missions are really repetitive and stale after you do a few.

The experience changes when you travel with a group though. I haven't gone into the Dark Zone yet. Trying to level up a bit more before I do.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    The Governor's Eyepatch verytallmidget's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    It's funny how the experience totally changes when you're in a party. I haven't loved it so far. The missions are really repetitive and stale after you do a few.

The experience changes when you travel with a group though. I haven't gone into the Dark Zone yet. Trying to level up a bit more before I do.
    Just wait until you're level 30. My friends and I patrol the DZ zones 1-3 and literally anything in site, including other players. Our gear/stats is so superior to other players, it's not even funny. A few days ago, we had a manhunt against us for 2 straight hours. Listening to the rage and tears along with stealing loot was honestly the most fun 2 hours I've ever had. It was literally a 4v13 and it still wasn't even fair. Currently, my primary DPS is 162k, secondary is 132k, health is 100k, and skill power is 74k. My other 3 teammates are very similar.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by verytallmidget View Post
    Just wait until you're level 30. My friends and I patrol the DZ zones 1-3 and literally anything in site, including other players. Our gear/stats is so superior to other players, it's not even funny. A few days ago, we had a manhunt against us for 2 straight hours. Listening to the rage and tears along with stealing loot was honestly the most fun 2 hours I've ever had. It was literally a 4v13 and it still wasn't even fair. Currently, my primary DPS is 162k, secondary is 132k, health is 100k, and skill power is 74k. My other 3 teammates are very similar.
    That's cool. I'm nowhere near that level, maybe 12 I think. I haven't really had time lately to play, and I've only got about ten hours in so far.

I've heard good things about the DZ. Need to find more than just my one buddy to group with.