Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    I change and clarify my post based on this^^^. I guess what I want for Strand is not an antagonist as much as I want more of an anti-hero. This would bring more complexity to the story.
    Oh Dear...im so confused...first of all i thought that a Antagonist was a bad person and an Anti-Hero was also a bad person that was Not a Hero, lol... but listen, i just LOVE Strand from the moment i saw him... and if they want Bad People on FTWD...im sure they can find alot of Redshirts to be Bad and Killed Off and leave my Strand alone, lol ...i know he will provide lots of Mystery in S2 ...☺...

u can see More Pics from S2 here:

http://images.spoilertv.com/Fear%20T...282-RT.jpg.php

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostie View Post
    Oh Dear...im so confused...first of all i thought that a Antagonist was a bad person and an Anti-Hero was also a bad person that was Not a Hero, lol... but listen, i just LOVE Strand from the moment i saw him... and if they want Bad People on FTWD...im sure they can find alot of Redshirts to be Bad and Killed Off and leave my Strand alone, lol ...i know he will provide lots of Mystery in S2 ...☺...

http://images.amcnetworks.com/amc.co...omingo-935.jpg

Lol!!! We are on the same page with Strand. He's a guy who isn't perfect, has some dark places, but you root for him anyway bc at his core you beleive in the rightness of his nature. Richey on Vinyl is an anti-hero. *off topic* I'm watching Epi 4 now, can't wait to talk about.it in the appropriate space later!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl's Right Eye View Post
    I've been thinking - aren't doctors drug kingpins? After all, they can write prescriptions for pretty much anything. So Strand could just be a doctor.
    He could be...he appeared to be very sharp, observant, educated and well-spoken. But isn't one black male drug dealer per show enough LOL?! As in Calvin? They'll definitely need a doctor, though.

I'm also curious about who is the 'Abigail' his yacht is named after...

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level
    Oh No...having Strand as a bad person would be the WORST... besides Daniel, he's the Most Interesting person in the group now... i hope all he does is HELP them all he can...im sure Strand & Nick will become a good Duo this season ...☺...

Took the words right out of my mouth. The second he was introduced I liked him more than most of the cast. To make him an antagonist, god that would piss me off enough to probably stop watching. Especially since he tried to save Nick and gave his family temporary shelter. It would become obvious that the show runner's have no idea wtf they are doing.. Hopefully that's not the case

@Lostie Just looked at all the pics, and they look great! Thanks for sharing!!

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level

http://images.amcnetworks.com/amc.co...omingo-935.jpg

An anti-hero is normally, but not always, a somewhat good guy who does bad, sometimes terrible things for his cause. He's not what would be considered a true hero and can be listed as a kind of villain or a kind of hero. In the TWD world, Rick is an anti-hero.

An antagonist is simply the rival/adversary, the one the main character (the protagonist) has to fight or otherwise overcome in some way. This is not always a villain, though many to most are. If the main character is a criminal, the police are the antagonists. It can be as simple as a story about a sports team. The rival team is the antagonist.

To answer the original question. I am certain Strand will be one of the antagonists. His first scene with the other guy in that cell was almost chilling. He knows what to say to get what he wants and pretty much said that himself when he talked about being able to sell anything. Victor Strand and Daniel are my two reasons to watch this. Other characters better step up a bit, because if these two don't last, I don't know how long I'll stick around to watch.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    @blackjack ...thanks for the explaination... i just got confused cause i dont like to use big words to describe things... i will say he's a Bad or Good guy instead of words like "Antagonist" to get more more people like me confused, lol... but im like u, i Love Daniel & Strand and i know those characters will stand out over the rest of the cast to give us a Great S2 of FTWD ...☺...

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm with all the people loving Strand and Daniel! They are by far my two favorite characters on the show. I don't want Strand to become a bad guy (to our group), but I'd love to see him outsmart and be the "bad" guy to outside groups. If he became the first real villain to our group in the show I'd be afraid they'd kill him off too quick to make way for the next adversary.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm in the same boat...ha. A pun on this season.
    I LOVE Strand (And Danny Salazar)
    But I think Strand is more of a mysterious anti-hero than anything.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Victor and Daniel are, without a doubt, the two most mysterious and intriguing characters on FTWD. There was already some information about Daniel's past. Now with the group on Victor's boat, it'll be a chance to gain more insight into their host.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Codas, codas everywhere HonkyTonkWoman's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Level
    Count me among those whose favorites are Daniel and Victor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast