Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357583848586 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #841
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Level
    For all the folks who are not pleased with the Ezekiel relationship, while watching the show tonight, the character practically told us outright that he would die. He said to Carol, and I quote -- "I love you. I will always love you". Could have just had a crawl under the show, saying this character will die soon. Within TWD, this kind of foreshadowing is never clever or deft. It means what we think it means - E will die.

2. Back To Top    #842
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Dixon View Post
    So what you are saying is that if I don't like her story line I don't love Carol. That makes me sad. I don't like him and won't like him ever. I don't like KP and that will always make me hate Zeke. It is breaking my heart that I have to see him if I want to see my favorite character. Shit now I am crying. I am glad you can enjoy the Kingdom. I hate everything about it. Hated it in the comics and hate it on the show. It is like they are on a whole different show. Now they have Carol looking like a cos-playing Larper chic. It is just sad that she dresses different then the other ladies and hell the whole other cast. And now the show is making her look so old and it is heartbreaking to me. Oh well I better stop typing now before I say something wrong. I don't need anymore people calling me not a fan of Carol anymore. Peace

- - - Updated - - -

I think I will just quit posting in here.
    Sorry for not responding so long, I don't come here often.

Maybe I shouldn't have suggested that you don't love Carol, I'm sorry. I guess I was just annoyed by so many people here claiming that "if she does this and that, she's dead to me, I'll hate her". I think that's not fair. I completely understand that you might not like her current storyline, we all have different tastes. It's not always going to go your way, but it's still Carol. There were times when I didn't like where they were going with her either, but I feel like, well, my love for her is unconditional I guess. No matter what they do with her I'll adore her and that's it.

That being said I understand you don't like her storyline. I myself am not crazy about everything - that awful wig being the example and I completely agree with you on that and cannot understand why MMB didn't protest. I bet they would change it if she said she feels ugly and uncomfortable with it.

Oh and it's not all bad - I remember you thought she'd be isolated and wouldn't interact with team family but look at her now - it's been only one episode and she's already interacted almost with all of them and she left Kingdom to help her friends and now is a leader of the Santuary. It's not all bad, even if you don't like the Kingdom, because she's still doing other stuff.
    Like I said I understand you really dislike the Kingdom storyline and all involved, but I feel like we should separate characters from the actors, I mean after all they're all friends who just try to do their job the best they can, so I don't think Khary deserves hate for what the writers have written for his character.

Anyway, I'm super excited for what's to come for Carol. I can't wait to see her kick some saviors' asses.

3. Back To Top    #843
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    I am still worried about her being separated from the rest of the cast. I think she will be back to being away from them all in the second half. And that makes me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misza View Post
    Sorry for not responding so long, I don't come here often.

Maybe I shouldn't have suggested that you don't love Carol, I'm sorry. I guess I was just annoyed by so many people here claiming that "if she does this and that, she's dead to me, I'll hate her". I think that's not fair. I completely understand that you might not like her current storyline, we all have different tastes. It's not always going to go your way, but it's still Carol. There were times when I didn't like where they were going with her either, but I feel like, well, my love for her is unconditional I guess. No matter what they do with her I'll adore her and that's it.

That being said I understand you don't like her storyline. I myself am not crazy about everything - that awful wig being the example and I completely agree with you on that and cannot understand why MMB didn't protest. I bet they would change it if she said she feels ugly and uncomfortable with it.

Oh and it's not all bad - I remember you thought she'd be isolated and wouldn't interact with team family but look at her now - it's been only one episode and she's already interacted almost with all of them and she left Kingdom to help her friends and now is a leader of the Santuary. It's not all bad, even if you don't like the Kingdom, because she's still doing other stuff.
    Like I said I understand you really dislike the Kingdom storyline and all involved, but I feel like we should separate characters from the actors, I mean after all they're all friends who just try to do their job the best they can, so I don't think Khary deserves hate for what the writers have written for his character.

Anyway, I'm super excited for what's to come for Carol. I can't wait to see her kick some saviors' asses.

4. Back To Top    #844
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lakin1013 View Post
    For all the folks who are not pleased with the Ezekiel relationship, while watching the show tonight, the character practically told us outright that he would die. He said to Carol, and I quote -- "I love you. I will always love you". Could have just had a crawl under the show, saying this character will die soon. Within TWD, this kind of foreshadowing is never clever or deft. It means what we think it means - E will die.
    I felt that too. I mean this would be so poetic and I can already imagine all the fan videos with it after his death. Also, in season 8 there was a strong foreshadowing of his comic book death.
    But if it happens I honestly think it'll be a long time from now, unless they decide to finish the show in season 10. If you follow the spoilers you know that important characters are dying or leaving this season so I'm not sure they can afford to lose any more characters besides red shirts.

Personally I'm happy it's not happening fast because I'm so over Carols woman pain. It's so refreshing to see her finally at peace with herself. I don't want her to go back to her usual killing machine or unhappy crying stage when we only had one happy, content Carol episode so far. And think what you want but she obviously cares a lot for him and I can't even imagine her reaction if he died. He'd be the closest person to her to die since Sophia. She would not take it well, to say the least, and even though it'd give MMB great material, I'm dreading seeing Carol go through that pain. But I do agree it will eventually come. Unless they make him even a bigger character that they won't want to lose. Eh you never know with this show.

5. Back To Top    #845
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Dixon View Post
    thewalkingdeadgifs
    Follow

https://78.media.tumblr.com/36eaa84d...8dkdo1_540.png
    Angela Kang: “Badass Carol is facing off with a new character. Keen-eyed viewers may have recognized Rhys Coiro in the trailer — a terrific actor playing the Savior ‘Jed’ this season. Melissa and I talked about Carol’s wardrobe at the start of the season and she said she really loves wearing men’s button down shirts — that’s when she feels the most quintessentially ‘Carol.’ And the new necklace is a tribute to her daughter Sophia. Melissa carried around a hair bauble of Sophia’s for years in her pockets and we thought it’d be interesting to make a piece of ‘memorial jewelry’ out of it.”

This is what I'm looking forward to the most.
    Any ideas who might be on the other side? The saviour must be threatening someone with Carol's life. I wonder who is it.

6. Back To Top    #846
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    Not sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Misza View Post
    This is what I'm looking forward to the most.
    Any ideas who might be on the other side? The saviour must be threatening someone with Carol's life. I wonder who is it.

7. Back To Top    #847
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I like Carol and like what the show is doing with her character. I like her connection with both Daryl and Ezekiel. It seems natural for Carol to slowly fall in with Ezekiel after the way it's been playing out between them, he's always had a liking to her and was obvious and he makes her a bit more playful and calm when she needs it in having a more every day life sort of setting after the war. Carol has always been a guys' girl and she's great with all of the guys she's gotten close with. I also liked it on the premiere how she explained it off to Daryl, I thought of her new relationship coming off of her tragic relationship with her husband, that she could use something easy and a lot more carefree and sweet. I also like that she and Daryl are super close, to the point of feeling like twin brother and sister, it's honest and believable at this point and Daryl just does not ever seem interested in having any romantic relations, he's a straight out loner and at his best that way, at least for now.
    I pretty much have zero complaints with Carol and I stress that I don't see any reason nor evidence that she is going to go all silly and mush because of her new relationship, Carol would never become only a woman about her romantic relationship, she's totally strong physically and strong minded.

8. Back To Top    #848
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    I hate that we will probably not see much of Carol this season. And hate that after the first few episodes we won't see her with the main group again. That makes me so sad and makes me not want to watch. Plus I have this sick feeling that she is going to be talking like the King and having people call her Queen Carol. And having them wait on her like Zeke does. That will be the most heartbreaking thing to me.

9. Back To Top    #849
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Where is the fear of her being pushed to the side coming from? Not only is she one of the few last remaining main characters on the show, this season she will become one of the LAST 3. Let that sink in. She will literally have to carry this show along with two other characters once you-know-who leave. So I don't see a reason to be worried about less screen time. If anything it'll be closer to becoming The Walking Carol.

Also i dont think the worry of Carol talking queen-like is justified. Even Ezekiel toned it down a lot and speaks totally normal in some scenes.
    If anyone calls her queen though I bet it'll be humorous.
    Don't forget she's been named queen long before we met the Kingdom. She's been called that by Gareth and some other villain, by actors and people working on the show and the fans themselves. As in queen of the apocalypse.

Oh and also, and I agree this is sad because things are slowly coming to an end, there won't be that much of a main group left to hang out with after those first few episodes.

10. Back To Top    #850
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    thewalkingdeadgifs
    Follow

It’s over.

Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357583848586 LastLast