Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I like adult coloring books as well (only have one at the moment - trying to hold off buying more), although it's a delicate balancing act for me between relaxing and anxiety. I start to get hung up on what color to use and have to remind myself it doesn't have to be "perfect" and that it's meant to help me wind down.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Level
    Glad to know I'm not alone with my love for them. I buy far too many. I have like 8 or 9 now... Didn't even finish one yet, lol.
    But I really love it! It's really relaxing and fun to do. I shouldn't look online what others are doing though. That will kick me right to the pits of anxiety and feelings of failure.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't know that adult coloring books exist until I found this thread a few days ago. Today I was at a book store and saw this table full of coloring books and I couldn't help myself I had to buy one.

So it better be relaxing and calming!

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    OMFG... when i saw the name of this Thread... i read it as "Adults Only Coloring Books"... and my mind went Loco, picturing coloring cocks red or green and boobs as yellow or blue... then i came here and saw it wasnt... and said "Ah Shit", Lmao ...☺...

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    I got one for me and a friend at the dollar store and dollar crayons. The colors didn't look right or color like I remembered crayons. Must be the cheap crayons. So I got cheap markers then pencils all to color a dollar store coloring book. Could have gotten the better coloring books with better paper wouldn't have spent so much on the other stuff. Used all three on the coloring book.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't know this existed. A few months ago though I was so stress and all of the sudden I got the urge to find a coloring book. I found a disney princess one in my local store. It was relaxing and fun. Lol

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagineDragonsFly View Post
    I didn't know this existed. A few months ago though I was so stress and all of the sudden I got the urge to find a coloring book. I found a disney princess one in my local store. It was relaxing and fun. Lol
    Omg, it's big in some circles! You can order them on line. There are some lovely mandalas and some folks are into zentangles (it's like intricate doodling) It's the simple repetitive motion combined with focus that makes it soothing. Some people knit or crochet; others paint and color ; even woodworking and gardening all fall along the same lines. I'm more into cleaning or painting walls but, if you think about it, most of us have a "thing" we do that centers and soothe us.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    Omg, it's big in some circles! You can order them on line. There are some lovely mandalas and some folks are into zentangles (it's like intricate doodling) It's the simple repetitive motion combined with focus that makes it soothing. Some people knit or crochet; others paint and color ; even woodworking and gardening all fall along the same lines. I'm more into cleaning or painting walls but, if you think about it, most of us have a "thing" we do that centers and soothe us.

I'm not particularly artistic but I don't know what came over me that day that I needed to get one. I looked it up on amazon, I want one now. It looks like fun.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagineDragonsFly View Post
    I'm not particularly artistic but I don't know what came over me that day that I needed to get one. I looked it up on amazon, I want one now. It looks like fun.
    People get hooked on them!
    I'm not artistic like that either (drawing or painting pictures) but I will paint a room for fun. Don't ask, by now you all know I have problems ...lol !!

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    People get hooked on them!
    I'm not artistic like that either (drawing or painting pictures) but I will paint a room for fun. Don't ask, by now you all know I have problems ...lol !!
    Lol. Don't worry I like weird people. That's my tribe right there. Oh, when I first read adult coloring book I was expecting to see pinup girls coloring book.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast