Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Level

Adult Coloring Books

I wasn't sure if this should be posted here since they are books - just not reading books, or Member's Lounge. Moderators can move this to a more appropriate thread if they think it belongs in a better place.

Anyone enjoy some adult coloring in their free time? My sister got me into this. It's very relaxing after you've had a long day. I've got four books right now, a couple of Harry Potter ones (yes those are adult coloring books) and an animal one and flowers one.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    I've got about 4 also. I'm the weirdo in which I take something that should be relaxing, as in coloring, and turn it into a stressful event. Lol. It gives me anxiety cause I'm looking for a perfected finished product as soon as I start. I have issues. :/

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christy Dixon View Post
    I wasn't sure if this should be posted here since they are books - just not reading books, or Member's Lounge. Moderators can move this to a more appropriate thread if they think it belongs in a better place.

Anyone enjoy some adult coloring in their free time? My sister got me into this. It's very relaxing after you've had a long day. I've got four books right now, a couple of Harry Potter ones (yes those are adult coloring books) and an animal one and flowers one.
    My mother in law gave me some for Christmas. I have to say I've gotten obsessed with them and I agree that they're relaxing to do at the end of the day.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    Level
    Add me to Team Anxiety with @Hymkr10297. I have a few books, a lot of fancy pencil crayons, and a constant sense of fear that I will create a not remotely artistic disaster. While the colouring can be fun and even challenging, I certainly don't find it relaxing.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Level
    Yes, I have 3 of them and a really nice set of pencils to go with. It helps to relax by focusing on the coloring and letting other stuff go for a while. I enjoy them, also, the pictures come out so good I almost feel like I have artistic talent!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    My dad got me one for xmas. I loved it at first, coloring as much as I could as fast as I could manage. But it's affect has been lost on me. Now I want to color the world with paint.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    I haven't tried them yet, but I do puzzles on my iPad some nights, which my wife makes fun of me for repeatedly. I've told her a few times that puzzles are better than hitting the bottle or the pipe, but she isn't moved.
    My job can be extremely stressful, and I find it helps my mind calm down and relax. Otherwise I'm up half the night with my brain running on overdrive.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah one more annoying hipster fad, right up there with amish beards, knitting , fedoras and stupid scarves with t- shirts while they drink their PBR's and cheap whiskey. Thanks but I relax the good ole fashioned way- liquor & drugs. I swear if I walk into one more overpriced gentrified hipsterbar and see groups of these douchebags coloring in their little books while only communicating through texting at the same fuckin table I'm just gonna do the world a favor & set fire to their ironic vintage t-shirts. Oh yeah don't even get me started on Man buns

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
    Add me to Team Anxiety with @Hymkr10297. I have a few books, a lot of fancy pencil crayons, and a constant sense of fear that I will create a not remotely artistic disaster. While the colouring can be fun and even challenging, I certainly don't find it relaxing.
    High 5 to Team Anxiety! Lol. I seem to be able to turn anything into an anxiety problem anymore. It's why I can't seem to read either. I can't get past picking a book...:( I used to read book after book and stay up all hours of the night reading. These two activities should be able to take the stress of life away. I just can't manage though...:/
    Kids coloring books though. I'll color in those. With their Crayola crayons too...:) less pressure!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it a try at my grandma's house. I was stuck there for several hours a month or two ago and my aunt had brought some "adult coloring books" with her. Coloring tiny birds and flowers for an hour was not fun for me. I prefer to draw my own stuff over coloring in tiny shapes like that.

I also like kids coloring books more. The barbie ones are always fun, because you can fuck it all up and turn them into zombies or whatever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast