1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level

These Ain't Your Grand-dad's Saviors...

Something that's been bothering me a bit about "Twice as Far."
    So, Dwight's group effectively ambushes Daryl and Rosita with Eugene already subdued. Eugene does his thing to Wight (D removed intentionally ) and a firefight ensues.

Now, granted Rosita and Abe have an M4 and M16 respectively, and the Saviors' weaponry was more varied and less military, but watching 5-6 Saviors run for their lives single file like that didn't make a lot of sense to me, and even if they beat a tactical retreat, you'd think they'd circle back and make short work of a duo burdened by a wounded and unconscious Eugene and the, uh, not insubstantial body of Denise. If they were scattered, and running different directions, sure, but it sort of flies in the face of the Saviors' menace when literally every time they've encountered TF, they've gotten owned.

Their sole victory against Rick's group was the arguably accidental death of Denise. Negan may be the badass heavy that gives TF "Something to fear," but so far the Woodbury militia has been a far more dangerous opponent for Rick and Co. overall.
    Last edited by Retrofire; March 21st, 2016 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Apostrophe error

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah, I thought the episode was mostly great aside from the undeserving death of Denise.

Another thing I take issue with is once again The Saviors are defeated. 4th time now (and this time The Saviors had the upper hand)

This episode itself wasn't bad but they could have easily done without Carol's episode and maybe even the episode before so that this moment felt bigger. Now The Saviors just look like jokes for losing for a 4th time against only 4 people (and 3 of them were at gunpoint)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    It's starting to look like these Saviors are just thugs who've managed to get by so far on simple intimidation, and have no sound tactics or experience for when things go sideways.

Like I asked in another thread, I wonder if this was an actual planned ambush....or they just happened to be within earshot when Denise started yelling about the cooler in the car. And Dwight, seeing his ole pal Daryl, made a decision on the fly to try to take him out (and snatch a couple of female hostages).

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    So far, the Saviors seem to be all talk and no action. You raise a good point about why they all run away and don't come back to finish what they started. I guess it's all a build up for the finale where the GA will feel the Saviors are no big deal, and then bam - Negan. All to make it more shocking in the end.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    We could arrange to have you carried. AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Coachwhip View Post
    It's starting to look like these Saviors are just thugs who've managed to get by so far on simple intimidation, and have no sound tactics or experience for when things go sideways.

Like I asked in another thread, I wonder if this was an actual planned ambush....or they just happened to be within earshot when Denise started yelling about the cooler in the car. And Dwight, seeing his ole pal Daryl, made a decision on the fly to try to take him out (and snatch a couple of female hostages).
    All of this ^

I don't think Negan or his group has ever had to deal with anyone as deadly as Rick's group for a long time, they are use to communities bending to them on a dime. I think Negan never planned to come out himself to deal with Rick's group, but after all these things that have happened he's gonna have to come out now to show Rick how things are.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    The Saviors seem weaker than Joe's group.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    725 Post(s)
    Level
    @Coachwhip in the previous episode one of the women hinted that T's group (the one Daryl RPG'd) had gone off program too.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrofire View Post
    Now, granted Rosita and Abe have an M4 and M16 respectively, and the Saviors' weaponry was more varied and less military,
    Looked like they had a couple of M4s, two or three AKMs (one of which Daryl ended up with), a couple of MP5s, an M14/M1A, and the rest pump shotties.....but with Abe on their flank, they ended up having the "script flipped" as Eugene is fond of saying, and finding themselves on the wrong side of the L.