Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level

So, We're Saying Screw Walking Dead... Let's Talk Fear The Walking Dead Spoilers!

Let's discuss! Crickets, anyone? I have to get my hopes up about something!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1241 Post(s)
    Level
    Are there any spoilers for this show? I suppose someone could start stalking the types of resources that spoil TWD, but I don't know if there are any boots on the ground tracking who's filming when and where.

I love FTWD, but I'm not yet to the point where I can't wait until the premiere to see what happens. Maybe after that I'll be jonesing for some midweek spoiler action.

With that said, I'm looking forward to how and when the Flight 462 action is worked into the story!

But if anybody has spoilers, I will read them! I'm just not yearning for them.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Much of the producer side for TWD is the same as FTWD, so I don't think FTWD is going to avoid any of the issues people have with TWD. I truly believe AMC is the core problem of TWD, and FTWD will suffer just the same. If they do a cliffhanger finale in TWD, why wouldn't they do the same in FTWD?

I won't even say I'll commit to anything like not watching either show. I will, but my enthusiasm is gone. That's it. If I were to say "SCREW THIS I'M NOT WATCHING THIS SHOW ANYMORE" that at least has some passion to it and means I still like the show. Instead, the cliffhanger news just made me roll my eyes, sick to my stomach, and apathetic. Shows become stale, and that's unfortunate, but I don't think FTWD has any hope of recapturing any of the magic I had with early Walking Dead.

EDIT: And sorry to ramble, I'm running on 1 hour of sleep at the moment.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Water and boats. That's all I got

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1241 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomis210 View Post
    Water and boats. That's all I got
    And zombies. Wonder what they'll call them.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I honest to god completely forgot about the walkers lol.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Seriously?!?! Who the fuck will care about this show anymore after the way season 6 of the real show ends? Lol.

Not knocking your thread. Just saying a lot of people probably have more shits to give over the ants their car squashed in their driveways today than what happens on this show at this point.

I had little faith in it during it's boring 6 episode run. That hasn't changed.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    People complain about how season 6 of TWD ends? Lol see you guys in October! Anyways I hope Daniel and Strand are still around hoping we got some more long term members too. Not too keen on Travis is it bad that i'm indifferent because i'm not sure if he's hot or not like the other two? lol.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Hopefully biters. It's my favorite since it makes the best fitting name imo.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm more excited about FTWD now that I know season 6 of TWD has nothing for me. I have no expectations for FTWD, so it can't disappoint me. I have a couple favorite characters, but if any of them died, I wouldn't be shocked or devastated. I'd just be like, "Aww... really? Oh well..." Part of my enjoyment of FTWD is that I don't care about it as much. I can't feel devastated if a character I love dies, because I don't love any of them enough. I can't feel like the comics did it better, because there are no comics.

It's great... In the way stand-alone horror movies are great... Entertaining enough, sometimes the characters are sorta likable, but mostly if anyone dies it's kinda just a cheap thrill. I won't cry over it. The stakes aren't high. It can't disappoint, so it can either just go along at a steady, interesting-enough pace, or it can surprise me and exceed those expectations.

Sometimes it's nice to watch something just exciting enough to be interesting, but not intense enough to make me care that much... Especially if the same people who brought us The Walking Dead are in charge, since we know their tendency to promise greatness and fail to deliver lately... With FTWD, they are promising mediocrity and are delivering it perfectly fine. If they rise above mediocrity, I'll be super excited... So it can't possibly disappoint me - only meet or exceed expectations. While that's not as exciting, it's not as frustrating to watch either.

I don't know any spoilers though...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast