1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level

Thoughts on Telltale's The Walking Dead Michonne Spin-off.

I recently bought this since I had no other games to play at the moment. I'll give my list of pros and cons on it so far.

Pros
    - Super stylish opening sequence, with major Michonne comic arcs placed into Telltale's art along with a pretty awesome song.
    - We delve a little deeper into Michonne's psyche. Early apocalypse Michonne story is much more interesting than current apocalypse Michonne story.
    - I can appreciate that there's more to the villains than mustache twirling and Sam/Sam's brother comeuppance was deserved.

Cons
    - Episodes are VERY short and not full of substance.
    - Story is very dry and by-the-numbers. Villains are eerily similar to Carver and I do not care about any of these side characters.
    - Lack of suspense and tension. If there's one thing this game does, it's that it reminds me that my choices seriously don't matter at all. We're getting from point A to point B. We know Michonne and Pete (and some other boat people) survive.
    - There's not much to care about: At this point, Michonne's story in the comic has been overdone. Her story has been since the beginning, finding a lover, losing a lover, and pushing people away. At the very brink of her life we're thrust into a story with a bunch of characters we don't care about. I wish the game was more about Michonne's past rather than what's going on with her after All Out War. It screams cash-grab and little substance.

All and all, TT's Michonne is just something to pass the time.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Here's my review

Pros
    -I pirated the game

Cons
    -Michonne.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know what TT and Kirkman were thinking when they came up with this game. I agree with every point you've brought up.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    I love Telltale usually but this has been a total let-down. Agree with all of your points - thought it was just me thinking the eps were super short.
    For a mini-series like this I'd have like to have seen super impactful choices that would've landed you in totally different places/situations to counter the short play time. I wanted to side with Norma over the insanely annoying Sam but you were very restricted. Telltale games are never as player-determined as they appear but Michonne hasn't even got the pretence of that. The sequences with her kids are quite interesting and creepy though.
    Wish they'd spent the time and effort on TWD:S3 or even better, Wolf Among Us Season 2!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Level
    It's alright so far. The episodes are short, but have been enjoyable

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    I wish her departure from Rick's group was rewinded a bit or expanded on more. Still don't know how the fuck she ended up where she did at the beginning of episode 1.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Best View Post
    I wish her departure from Rick's group was rewinded a bit or expanded on more. Still don't know how the fuck she ended up where she did at the beginning of episode 1.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    Ok....SPOILERS....SPOILERS .... SPOILERS.... from Episode 3... The Finale....

OMFG...this was the Fucking Bomb of a Ending... when Michonne confronted Norma for the Final Showdown... WOW, it was the Shit... and the Best Part was when Michonne had to decide to STAY with her daughters or LEAVE them... Oh My Fucking God... that was the Best part of the Game... cause if u Choose to Stay with them... then SAM would DIE... but if u choose to LEAVE them then SAM would LIVE... Holy Shit...

i have to say, i saw ALL the possible scenes...if Randell had Lived or if Michonne had Killed him... it just made the game longer cause u had Randell talking alot more then if u KILL him then he wouldnt speak at all... and the Norma scenes would've been different cause Randell would be Alive... but the end result would be the SAME... if he Lived then Sam wouldve Killed him at the Norma confrontation...

and if Randell would've Lived then Otto wouldve Died... But if Randell wouldve Died then Otto wouldve Lived... alot of changes depending on ur choices... this was a Great Fucking Game... we learned alot about Michonne's daughters... which we believe are Still Alive... so i expect we will see them again much older in the comics storyline... hopefully... im hoping that Kirkman will continue it...

i Loved this Game simply cause i Love Michonne... and she seemed to be So Different then what we are seeing from her in the comics right now... i Loved her more in the Game... she was So Badass in the Game... and i Loved when we saw Saddik.. im hoping they will confirmed that he was the Father of Rosita's baby in the comics... im hoping they will continue making these kind of Games from the comics storylines to make us LOVE the Comics More & More ...☺...

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Enjoyable so far. I'll let you know what I think of it when I'm finished.