1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level

I Feel Like the Cliffhanger (s7 Speculation..)

May be Glenn's saving grace. I am a fan of Glenn's , but not a super fan, and I've been a huge believer that since gimple became show runner Glenn was destined to meet Lucille. From Maggie's haircut to the bat foreshadowing all the way back in s5, to Negan repeating a line straight from the comic- plenty of s6 foreshadowing.

BUT , after the cliffhanger I believe there is substantial evidence that supports Glenn possibly not getting the bat (IMO of course)

- Glenn had a fake out once this season. Would they hold him in the same place he was before but for a whole 6-7months? I really don't know.

- it's even becoming apparent to casual viewers, most know that Glenn was killed in the comics, I feel like even some casual viewers will be expecting Glenn to die this coming October - considering how many articles , YouTube comments and occasional stumblers onto a site like this will be expecting Glenn to die . Most have also caught onto the fact gimple is pretty straightforward in paying homage to the comics

- if this past episode was Glenn's penultimate episode, he would go down as probably IIRC the only main character who had literally 5 minutes of screen time in the episode of his/her death. And not even 5 minutes worth of conversation. Literally 5-10 mins of being on screen

- as I mentioned a bit above, Lucille is an iconic scene. We as devoted fans and even casual viewers were expecting to see Glenn's brains bashed in today. Considering his first fakeout, to the fact it could have easily been shown tonight if it was the obvious choice, Glenn . I really cannot think of any legitimate reason to not just have shown Glenn being killed tonight if he was the one to die.

I don't know guys, maybe it's just a weird hunch but I have a 50/50 feeling that something may be going on. That it can't be this big of an "oh, who didn't see that coming...?) moment in October. I just have a hunch and wanted to hear others thoughts on this possibility

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Damn..it's been a while since I've last seen you. Welcome back

Anyway, I agree. I personally think Abe is gonna die.

-He held his head up high like a champ when Negan looked at him. While the others cried in fear
    -Negan said the victim was "taking it like a champ"
    -His goodbye hug to Eugene
    -Telling Sasha he's ready to have kids with her
    -The unusual amount of screen time he got this episode. I feel like this was his episode

Who else would be so stoic during a brutal beatdown? Only Abraham Ford

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    Damn..it's been a while since I've last seen you. Welcome back

Anyway, I agree. I personally think Abe is gonna die.

-He held his head up high like a champ when Negan looked at him. While the others cried in fear
    -Negan said the victim was "taking it like a champ"
    -His goodbye hug to Eugene
    -Telling Sasha he's ready to have kids with her
    -The unusual amount of screen time he got this episode. I feel like this was his episode

Who else would be so stoic during a brutal beatdown? Only Abraham Ford
    I know! I feel like everyone forgot about me! It's good to see a familiar name though! I miss a lot of you,

To me your post makes PERFECT sense. I think it's Abe too now that you mention it for all the reasons above. He technically just outlived his comic counterpart with Denise getting his comic death. He had a big episode (I actually liked him for the very first time today) and I think I need to rewatch the final scene but I believe you can hear a woman scream too. Maggie has a very distinct cry and I believe we would have heard her more if it was Glenn. But that's a bit far for me, I think any of the women have a chance of screaming if someone who they love is murdered in front of them .

I do believe it's down to Abe and Glenn though. Sadly

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    I'd love for it not to be Glenn because he's one of my favorites, but I still think the foreshadowing was heavy for it this season. However, there's a decent amount of evidence pointing towards Abe now after that episode. So that's something.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheclear View Post
    I know! I feel like everyone forgot about me! It's good to see a familiar name though! I miss a lot of you,

To me your post makes PERFECT sense. I think it's Abe too now that you mention it for all the reasons above. He technically just outlived his comic counterpart with Denise getting his comic death. He had a big episode (I actually liked him for the very first time today) and I think I need to rewatch the final scene but I believe you can hear a woman scream too. Maggie has a very distinct cry and I believe we would have heard her more if it was Glenn. But that's a bit far for me, I think any of the women have a chance of screaming if someone who they love is murdered in front of them .

I do believe it's down to Abe and Glenn though. Sadly
    You missed the constant fighting though..so you lucked out lol. It's good to see you again though. Hopefully you stick around for a while

We definitely would have heard Maggie screaming more..she tends to scream loudly during times of distress..like Hershel's death..and even seeing Beth's dead body..she was pretty loud..just imagine watching her husband get his head beat in with a bat..I feel she'd be more vocal for sure.

I'll be upset if it's Abe but after seeing Glenn see Maggie with his adorable huge puppy eyes I really don't want him to die..so if it's Abe then it sucks but I'm glad it's not Glenn

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree that I don't necessarily think it's Glenn because of a lot of the reasons you mentioned. And Sadie's points about Abraham also had me thinking it very well could be him. One thing I will add, I feel that if it was Glenn he'd have more screen time this episode and it doesn't make much sense to have him on TTD for 7.1 if all we see of him that episode is being hit into the left field bleachers.

But with all the different reasons I've seen on threads of this forum as well as other TWD forums, there are still cases to be made for about 4 or 5 characters that could have been the one to be Lucilled. Thank God they gave us 6 months to ponder!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    Glenn was pretty much ignored for the second half of the season. Abraham was not. The only way Glenn's death would still make sense would be if season 7 episode 1 was a partial-flashback with a whole bunch of Glenn in it. (Which could really happen, unfortunately.)

But I do think Glenn is still the most predictable. Everyone here thinks it'll be him. (My Lucille-poll had him overwhelmingly as the first choice when I asked who people thought would be Lucilled.) On Talking Dead, where even the most uninformed general audience members took part, they asked who they thought was dead and they all voted Glenn too. That mixed with him being ignored this season and the cliffhanger being disrespectful to the character makes me think it's not going to be him.

I do think it's still between Abraham and Glenn though. I will feel cheated and sad and disappointed if it's Glenn, but it could happen. I 100% do not think it makes sense for it to be him though. The episode was written in such a way that it seems like it was Abraham's last. Even my mom thinks so, and she doesn't know any spoilers or anything. She's sad about it too. She says she was starting to love Abraham. So I do think the writers can get away with having Abraham's death portrayed as "a big deal." I wouldn't even argue with that... I love Abraham... And I think it sucks if his death likely is a gimmicky cliffhanger too, but Glenn is a bigger character, and has been around longer. I can forgive Abe's death being a cheap gimmick more than Glenn's death being one... Especially since Abe got a lot of focus this season and Glenn didn't.

Mostly, I feel like this whole thing sucks. I don't want it to be Glenn, and I don't think Glenn has gotten the attention deserved for a major season 1 character to get prior to his death. I don't want Abraham to die either, and the death is still a cheap, shitty gimmick, and Abe doesn't deserve that shit either, but his character did get a better ending written for him than Glenn did if one of them must die NOW.