Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Offline
    Problem Child Someoldcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    142
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Points
    489
    Level
    7
    I can't agree with #10 since last night proved that they really don't give a flying fuck about how this death impacts the story or characters (never mind the audience, they really don't give a fuck about us) and if it was Glenn, then they completely disrespected the character and his importance by turning what should have been a heart wrenching death into a cheap gimmick. If it was Glenn, he should have been afforded the full impact his death deserved. For that reason alone I almost hope it was Abe or Aaron, at least then they wouldn't have been shitting on the death of a S1 character and a fan favorite.

  2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Offline
    Zombie Hoarder Frumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    959
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Points
    1,760
    Level
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBek View Post
    You're wrong Aaron's death would have a huge impact. He's the one that brought Rick to ASZ. I think the constant Glenn fake out deaths is just a tease because everyone thinks he'll be the victim.
    that's not what he meant.
    he meant it would have no impact with the audience, which is 100% accurate.

  3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Offline
    Lookout Canna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southwest US
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Threads
    10
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Points
    709
    Level
    9
    I agree with the OP. It's Glenn.

    There are moments that get remixed, and there are others that you just can't. They're few and far between, but it had to be Carl that shoots Shane, and it has to be Glenn that dies at Negan's introduction.

    The cliffhanger (which I called on 11/24/15) IS stupid, but its not that Gimple or TPTB or AMC don't care about the viewers or the writing. They want you focused on the fear, the situation and NEGAN. For the purposes of this story arc, WHO Negan kills is almost incidental. For the purposes of 7A, Glenn's death will be the event that sets everyone else's storylines in new directions, and you can deal with it then. I think they did the Glenn fakeout earlier in the year just so everyone who only watches the show and didn't read the GN could start to get used to the idea.

    I too would have preferred the next five minutes being shown now rather than later. No reason they couldn't have ended with the Saviors packing up and leaving the group around a bloody corpse. I'm in the minority again, but I don't think the cliffhanger ruined the episode....It's just not the way I would've gone with it. I don't see where the "mystery" makes what comes next any more dramatic, but we'll see in October.

  4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Offline
    Walker Retrofire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Great Northwest
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56
    Threads
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Points
    259
    Level
    5
    Lauren Cohan's explanation of her haircut one or two TTD's back also points to Glenn. She mentioned her character dealing with a very dark event in the coming episodes. This implied it was particularly personal to her, and of the suriviving TF, only Glenn rises to that level IMHO. Unless she miscarries in S7A, I can't think of anything else that would explain that comment.

  5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Offline
    Crotch Grabber ZombieBek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In fucking paradise
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,450
    Threads
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Points
    1,975
    Level
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpus View Post
    that's not what he meant.
    he meant it would have no impact with the audience, which is 100% accurate.
    No shit, that's why I said he was wrong. Aaron's death would have an impact on the audience.

  6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Offline
    Walker mrthc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    37
    Threads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Points
    110
    Level
    3
    i think its a cop out death and its abe. why would they kill off a season 1 character and not give them ANY significant lines in the episode? michonne, glenn, daryl, and rosita literally said 1/2 lines in the whole episode. the gave abe extra screen time tht episode... telling sasha hed like to have a kid, brotherly love between him and eugene, ect. i think its gonna be abe to be honest.

  7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Offline
    Governor tyrion93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,060
    Threads
    120
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Points
    12,103
    Level
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBek View Post
    No shit, that's why I said he was wrong. Aaron's death would have an impact on the audience.
    I'm willing to bet you more than anythng that 90% of the casual audiences don't even remember who Aaron is, and if they do, they remember him as "that gay guy" or "that guy that recruited Team Family". For good reason too I might add. He's still barely above the status of a background extra.

  8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Offline
    Samurai OursIsTheFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,960
    Threads
    11
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Points
    1,012
    Level
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentialEvil View Post
    The problem with 10 is you seem to think they actually care about the impact and moving the story forward.

    These asshats sat there last night and defended what happened and acted like people who didn't like it were stupid. They don't give 2 shits about telling a good story or impact or any of that based on the very fact that they pulled the cliffhanger bullshit. They care about doing anything to keep the stupid portion of the fanbase coming back and to keep the ratings high. Season 6's ratings were the first season to drop from the previous and they know there's a good chance that trend continues.
    This, all this. I wanted to punch aarrrg Gimple's smug face while he tries to explain away his mistake. This is not story telling anymore. Like I said on the other thread, it's just a long gag of shocking scene and cliffhangers.

  9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Offline
    Love Interest HappyMisery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    542
    Threads
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Points
    1,388
    Level
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentialEvil View Post
    The problem with 10 is you seem to think they actually care about the impact and moving the story forward.

    These asshats sat there last night and defended what happened and acted like people who didn't like it were stupid. They don't give 2 shits about telling a good story or impact or any of that based on the very fact that they pulled the cliffhanger bullshit. They care about doing anything to keep the stupid portion of the fanbase coming back and to keep the ratings high. Season 6's ratings were the first season to drop from the previous and they know there's a good chance that trend continues.

    That - "Its part of a new story" was the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen anyone try to use for piss poor writing and decisions. "It picks up at the start of the next story". Forgive me Mr Gimple, I'm not a professional writer or show runner, but I do know that NEW STORIES DON'T START HALF WAY THROUGH A FUCKING SENTENCE!

    I'd have thought more of it if they just said "Y'know, we want to keep people guessing so that if you have read the GN, then you're not sure whats happening.". Instead Gimple acts like he and Kirkman are the only true authorities and fans should just accept it, regardless of the quality. The fact that Gimple isnt as intelligent as he thinks he is and has had the false world of "success" handed to him by Hurd and Huth who think he's great. Guess what Scott, they thought Mazarra and Darabont were great too.

    I felt sorry for Gimple because he had to try and "turn it around" after Mazzarra and I thought he did a decent job with 4B and 5A. As soon as it was clear he had a blank canvas, it went to shit.

  10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Offline
    Samurai OursIsTheFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,960
    Threads
    11
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Points
    1,012
    Level
    21
    Still putting my money on Maggie though

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Related Topics

  1. Who Made the First Move?
    By Belle in forum Richonne
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: April 10th, 2016, 07:54 PM
  2. What Will Be Jessie's Next Move With Sam
    By HateForTheMasses in forum Jessie Criticism
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: December 5th, 2015, 12:46 AM
  3. Carol vs. Morgan actually the bad move
    By DarylsHand in forum Start to Finish
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2015, 03:42 AM
  4. Who should make the 1st move & why?
    By Massena1 in forum Richonne
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: November 9th, 2015, 06:10 PM
  5. Team Prison to move to Woodbury? *Pics Inside*
    By QValintyne in forum Season Four
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: May 18th, 2013, 08:11 AM

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.