Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #61
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    When I hear them talk or read an article about them all I hear is the grown ups on charlie brown wha wha wa wawa wha and blah blah fuckity blah it is the same shit they spew forth for every incredible episode. Evidently to them we're morons. I hope they keep getting tons of backlash, but then again what good would it do? They'd just use it as more shit for the shit machine.

They can't handle the cast they have now so I can just imagine how it's going to go when the kingdom gets introduced. But I did read somewhere the cast saying season 7 is going to the best season every and it's going in a whole new direction and will blow you away.and I just made that up but you know damn well that's how it'll go down or words to that effect. The same Ole same pile of heaping shit lies. Good work AMC and Co. Your killing your own show. Call it The Walking Shit followed by Talking Shit.

2. Back To Top    #62
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippogrippo View Post
    I also saw an interview with Nicotero that compared it to The Empire Strikes Back where Darth Vader says "I Am Your Father" and says he had to wait two years for the next movie after that cliffhanger. Seriously? It would be comparable if Darth Vader said "I am your _______" then the audio is obscured, we just see Luke screaming, and then it fades to black. That shittiness would be comparable to the season 6 finale.

Edit: In case anyone wants the source of that interview: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/04...nicotero-negan
    If he says that than he straight up lied in other interviews and at stalker con.

3. Back To Top    #63
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Look, I respect everyone's right to be angry, pissed and annoyed about stuff and what better place to do it. However I will go down as one of the few in this thread to say that I think Gimple has been doing a great job for most of the season including the finale which I actually really, really liked. Yeah it is always annoying when you get any cliffhanger but the camera choice with the Negan close-up I thought was a pretty cool idea.

I would say minus the quick (almost like they just had to cram it in there and be done with it) Jessie storyline, and the weirdly placed 90 minute Ninja goat cheese loving Morgan episode it's been good.

Honestly I have waited all season to get to Negan and the All Out War storyline is my favorite one in the comics, including more Jesus screen time. So Season 7 has great potential to be pretty fucking awesome

4. Back To Top    #64
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanderson View Post
    Look, I respect everyone's right to be angry, pissed and annoyed about stuff and what better place to do it. However I will go down as one of the few in this thread to say that I think Gimple has been doing a great job for most of the season including the finale which I actually really, really liked. Yeah it is always annoying when you get any cliffhanger but the camera choice with the Negan close-up I thought was a pretty cool idea.

I would say minus the quick (almost like they just had to cram it in there and be done with it) Jessie storyline, and the weirdly placed 90 minute Ninja goat cheese loving Morgan episode it's been good.

Honestly I have waited all season to get to Negan and the All Out War storyline is my favorite one in the comics, including more Jesus screen time. So Season 7 has great potential to be pretty fucking awesome
    For me, there were maybe 2 eps of 6A that were required to move the story on and maybe 6 in 6B. Too much focus on getting NWO as the MS finale and Negan as the finale. We should be into AOW now and the cliffhanger could have been Carl sneaking to Sanctuary. I'm all for telling the story and maintaining the flow, but they killed the pacing by deciding what the finales would be and then paced the episodes to ensure that they arrived there. Based on the spoilers, they even moved the Carol and Morgan storyline to the finale - thats obviously to get the 90 mins and end as they did. Pathetic when you pace a show around the final scene of a series.

5. Back To Top    #65
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level

I probably would've been at least a little more forgiving of the cliffhanger - even though it still would've destroyed the impact of Negan's introduction and the entire Lucille scene itself - if the season as a whole hadn't been so massively disappointing. Nearly every character's arc was a complete mess (Gimple actually started getting me tired of Carol who's been my favorite character all this time) and it had by far the most pathetic distribution of screentime among cast members.

This is putting aside the constant barrage of shock value moments - from cliffhangers to fake-outs - that did nothing to advance the story.

6. Back To Top    #66
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    For me, probably the only Season Six episode worth re-watching in the future. Good writing. Good acting.

7. Back To Top    #67
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe it'll be Rick after all, and then the entire series will focus on Negan. After the Lucille party breaks up, they crawl back to Alexandria and then we go through a couple of bottle episodes showing pre-Apocalypse Negan as a used car salesman, then back to the present, making him a Tony Soprano type character. That way, The Gimp will be right in that season six's story ends with bat and blackness, end of the Rick era.

8. Back To Top    #68
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually like SG, and have enjoyed the seasons with him as show runner more than the others, but he needs to stop trying to shock the audience and actually build his characters. He devoted so much time to red shirts that were going to die anyway and completely forgot about our main characters for 6A, then he gave so much focus to dumpstergate that it took away from the beginning of 6B. The rest of the episodes kept teasing Negan, and when he finally shows up its only for 11 min! It feels like most of the season was a waste of life. I actually liked the episode and I was willing to overlook that almost nothing happened, thinking at least we would see who got the bat and then they didn't a how it. If they had let you see what happened to the people captured and maybe more dialogue it would have been more bearable. I hope they learn from the negative backlash. The only way it would feel justified to me is if it's a major character like Daryl and Glenn and they focus on what happened before they got captured so I can get back in that mindset and it can have the impact the final scene should have had to begin with.
    I don't for one minute think the person getting killed doesn't know. AL mentioned they did a pact of secrecy on one of his first interviews after the finale and NR also admitted he knew what happened. Also, actors need to find other projects if they are no longer working on the show so it wouldn't be fair or maybe even legal for them to loose that time that AMC will not conpensate them for. It would make 100% sense for them to keep it a secret to the rest of the cast though, and I do believe CR has no idea who got killed. After his Dad made a comment to a fan at comic con about him losing an eye, why would TPTB trust him with that kind of info? Unless it's him, which it clearly isn't because of Negan's threat.

9. Back To Top    #69
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by neonbelly View Post
    It was Glenn that got the bat
    during the show, leading up to negan there were black pov shots throughout the episode. it was the victim's prospective in the back of that van waiting for something to happen.
    when the doors finally opened the prospective changed from pov to show daryl and company tied up and filed out to join rick.

Glenn was the last one out - it was his prospective looking out at the back of the van.

the episode was called last day on earth, so it was glenns last day on earth and we the viewers got to see what it was like from his shoes. so neat.
    on paper it's artistic, but it sucked and should never ever be used in any way as a series( sopranos) or season finale (twd). true enough this is the end of Glenns story, and season 7 will pick up with how maggie's life will change for ever being a sick single mom with no family left.
    probably not much , since she literally didnt shed a tear watching hershall get killed and beth disappear from her side after the prison raid.

but , the show could have done better and not attempt cringeworthy bullshit like this
    ive been thinking this too...and honestly....all they had to do is let glenn utter one Maggie & we would have known & that would have been enough for me. i didn't need to see glenn beaten to a pulp. i'm glad we didn't.

sopranos was different (to me) because they foreshadowed the hell out of it - with that scene with Bobbie & Tony "i think everything just goes black" or whatever it was that Bobby said. so to me, when i rewatch it, it's completely obvious tony got whacked. and we know it didn't go black because someone else did. it's either tony got whacked or it just ended there. it's not like we know someone died & they just won't tell us lol.

and all their justifications with other shows & other cliffhangers are BS because shows don't use cliffhangers all the time in season finales. in fact, it's rarely used and IF you are, you pull that card once and you don't get to pull it again for a long time (if ever). they already pulled one this year. that's why it feels cheap. that's why people are mad.

10. Back To Top    #70
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level

potential is the keyword here. it's far more likely that they will fuck it up and season 7 will be likely the worst season to date.

no one wants to see Daryl kill 1202342342 saviors while stealing Jesus's character development yet that is exactly what will happen in season 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrion93 View Post
    I probably would've been at least a little more forgiving of the cliffhanger - even though it still would've destroyed the impact of Negan's introduction and the entire Lucille scene itself - if the season as a whole hadn't been so massively disappointing. Nearly every character's arc was a complete mess (Gimple actually started getting me tired of Carol who's been my favorite character all this time) and it had by far the most pathetic distribution of screentime among cast members.

This is putting aside the constant barrage of shock value moments - from cliffhangers to fake-outs - that did nothing to advance the story.
    You can fully expect more of this in season 7. Gimple's shown that he doesn't learn from his mistakes, he amplifies them.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast