Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #81
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfMoondoor View Post
    100% agreed. They're scared they'll lose fans if they do it, and they might because for some reason some people seem to think this is The Daryl Show but I think they would also gain fans for doing it. Killing Daryl is the only way I see this cliffhanger being justified.
    No, killing Carl would do this....

2. Back To Top    #82
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfden69 View Post
    No, killing Carl would do this....

...Killing Carl would butcher this even more than they already have...

3. Back To Top    #83
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    It's Glenn or michonne- based on the POV hints- with my $$ being on glenn

4. Back To Top    #84
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think the whole season has been a pretty clever play on Glenn and how he seems to have nine lives, forever cheating death. As in previous seasons he seems to always dodge what appears to be the inevitable and this season has really highlighted that. With this death if they have followed the comic verbatim, the knock on effect from it and what follows next will have a huge impact. I believe it was Glenn, they have always said when they do his death it will be done justly and in a way that pays homage to the character. The POV final shots don't bother me, not knowing or seeing who died doesn't bother me because it's conclusive, someone has died. To see it fresh at the season 7 premiere and to be able to experience the immediate aftermath will be far more satisfying then to wait 8 months to see the ramfications brought about by that death. I feel it will have a far bigger impact.

5. Back To Top    #85
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel77 View Post
    I think the whole season has been a pretty clever play on Glenn and how he seems to have nine lives, forever cheating death. As in previous seasons he seems to always dodge what appears to be the inevitable and this season has really highlighted that. With this death if they have followed the comic verbatim, the knock on effect from it and what follows next will have a huge impact. I believe it was Glenn, they have always said when they do his death it will be done justly and in a way that pays homage to the character. The POV final shots don't bother me, not knowing or seeing who died doesn't bother me because it's conclusive, someone has died. To see it fresh at the season 7 premiere and to be able to experience the immediate aftermath will be far more satisfying then to wait 8 months to see the ramfications brought about by that death. I feel it will have a far bigger impact.
    Thanks for your input Mr. Gimple.

6. Back To Top    #86
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Anyone know what year Scott MichaEL Gimple was born? I've got a hunch it might be '77...

7. Back To Top    #87
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Hi Scott.

8. Back To Top    #88
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    my bad, is enjoying the episode and having a differing opinion not allowed?

9. Back To Top    #89
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    my bad, is enjoying the episode and having a differing opinion not allowed?
    NOT COOL! Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit is, but I think you're going to be up to speed shortly.

10. Back To Top    #90
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfMoondoor View Post
    The only way this cliffhanger is going to be okay, for me anyway, is if they kill Daryl. Kill Daryl and I'll forgive you. Grow a pair, kill off your biggest character, and then I'll be okay with what you did to this finale. He keeps saying they will justify this cliffhanger next season and the only way I see them doing that is killing Daryl. Man up and take the chance.
    Right, only for you and people who want Daryl killed off will it justify it. Glenn is just as big a character as Daryl. They wouldn't have had Dwight shoot him if that was the case, that whole Dwight/Daryl storyline isn't over with yet. Negan isn't going to kill a half dead character to get his point across. This show isn't going to gain a huge amount of fans just because they kill Daryl. It will lose fans though, because I think you're under estimating the amount of fans outside this forum that he actually has. It also doesn't have the impact that killing Glenn has given the fact they're sticking to Maggie's hilltop arc, and her "beef" with Rick after just telling him she "believes in him." Its Glenn's POV from the van, its just like on the damn Sopranos how they did it with Tony, and if it ends up not being Glenn then SG is the biggest Troll of all time with that POV shit. I love Glenn, and I like Daryl, so I don't want it to be EITHER of them. But, at the end of the day, IMO, its most likely going to be Glenn, and nothing will justify this stupid cliffhanger because its a shitty way to kill off any of those A5 characters.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast